hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As delusional as Hearts fans are - I don't think a single one genuinely believes that they are even outsiders to win the league.
    Three I know, including one working at their club, genuinely think they can win the league. They have this unbelievable misplaced sense of entitlement the minute they win a few games - embarrassing to be honest. In keeping with this 'big team' charade and the 'famous' line (only in their own heads).

Levein on the radio today claiming that Sean Clare was a coup as EPL clubs wanted him is absolute fantasy land stuff (in his head). For perspective, we sign a left back who has played many seasons for Feyenoord, league winner in Holland, with numerous Champions League appearances, and an Australian international mainstay who played in the World Cup this year and yet they claim to have signed the new Gareth Bale in an untried Man United youth player with 1 first team appearance, and a guy who couldn't even hack it at Bury, Accrington Stanley and Gillingham but was allegedly a target for Spurs yet he's the new Dele Alli that for me, is the reality better a cruel truth than a comfortable delusion as they say !

As ever, cannot wait for the derbies this season - we are the better team

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts have benefitted from all their main rivals being in Europe and having slow starts through injuries, fatigue and the like, while they’ve been able to focus purely on the league - Cove Rangers etc aside. Celtic played a weakened side against them as they had their biggest game of the season v AEK days later. We’ve still not even been able to play a settled side yet due to the hangover of playing Thursday/Sunday for weeks. We weren’t full stength against St Johnstone for example. Rangers wouldn’t be midtable if they didn’t have such a big run of games.

Hearts have been decent, but also fairly fortunate and their position is massively exaggerated. They’re no great shakes and the derby will be a tight affair.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As delusional as Hearts fans are - I don't think a single one genuinely believes that they are even outsiders to win the league.
    I wouldnt bet on it...not the ones i work with anyway...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Was so sweet listening to Potter on Radio after game yesterday. All very gloomy and he sounded well miffed.

Karma, you Yam fud! 😁

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    Was so sweet listening to Potter on Radio after game yesterday. All very gloomy and he sounded well miffed.

Karma, you Yam fud! 😁
    Does he ever sound anything else?

Alot of Hearts fans do genuinely believe they are a massive club. Such a massive club that have not won the League or League cup in over 50 years in one of the weakest domestic leagues in Europe.

To be fair to them they do have a massive stadium , it's the biggest football stadium in Edinburgh. They also have a state of the art training facility that they own and dont have to rent out. Oh wait , no they don't .

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Booing your team off sitting top of the table and after 5 straight wins is all very Hearts. New stand is bad enough to get out without having to watch your feet stepping over the teddies and dummies scattered around.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Booing your team off sitting top of the table and after 5 straight wins is all very Hearts. New stand is bad enough to get out without having to watch your feet stepping over the teddies and dummies scattered around.

Tbf they had just endured Hearts v Livi. Hoofball ++. The Hoofball Cup Final.

Maybe even Jambos have a limit to how much eye bleeding football they can endure?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Tbf they had just endured Hearts v Livi. Hoofball ++. The Hoofball Cup Final.

Maybe even Jambos have a limit to how much eye bleeding football they can endure?
    Sounds like some of them have given up if they are actually admitting to a crowd of only 17300 in their "over 20,000" capacity stadium, especially when every week is a "sell out" and there's another 380,000 locked out.
    Last edited by Bostonhibby; 24-09-2018 at 09:48 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Someone told me that hearts right now are like an Elephant up a tree. No c*** kens how they got there, but they won't be there for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

It will be interesting to see how they deal with a dip in form. They have performed well (in the attritional Levein style) up to now but have benefitted from a couple of game changing decisions to win games (as all teams will). Hopefully we see a few go against them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they deal with a dip in form. They have performed well (in the attritional Levein style) up to now but have benefitted from a couple of game changing decisions to win games (as all teams will). Hopefully we see a few go against them soon.
    Hi Michael Stewart!!! :)

What Livingston have done is shown every other team how to play against them. Sweet!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Hi Michael Stewart!!! :)

What Livingston have done is shown every other team how to play against them. Sweet!

Livi dragged them into a battle and they cancelled each other out.

We could approach the next derby with 90 minutes of punting it long and trying to win the 2nd ball, but I’d rather we didn’t.

Shades of 1986 30 games early.

Mutants.

ENDOF

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    NO