hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great together but thought the boy from Ghana made a brilliant ER debut . Looks a player and then some more.
    He is a full international at a young age...on the books of Man City.

So he must be pretty descent. :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Flo’s just back from surgery on his knee. It’s going to take time for him to be back to his best.

The pair of them them are doing just fine and will only get better.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Need time to adjust to playing together without the cheeky wee reverse passes from Scotty Allan and also playing with their new team mates. Flo was showing glimpses of his old self today but still a bit to go.

We put out all the stops to get both back so we need to play them, they just work well together. Stevenson in a back 4 was a problem last year as Barker was dreadful at dropping back to help out and left him exposed. Boyle's usually good at helping out but Mallan, Horgan and Hyndman are poor in their defensive side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They are better players and we are a better team when they play together. Finding a system that can accomodate both should be a priority.
    I agree, I thought they linked up really well at times and when both are up to speed we'll see a shed load of goals.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    He is a full international at a young age...on the books of Man City.

So he must be pretty descent. :)
    Nah, I think he's on the way up.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Name it....
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Think he's thinking

Bogdan

Stevenson
    Gray
    Hanlon
    McGregor

Milligan

Boyle
    Mallan
    Horgan

Kamberi
    Maclaren

Can't see us dropping the likes of Ambrose though
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
    Milligan
    Agyepong/Boyle. Mallan Horgan
    Kamberi Maclaren

Defence brings up problems because I don't think Efe or Porteous need dropped but barring injuries that's our best defence imo. Agyepong and Boyle is just personal preference.
    We're all on the same page, although Lennon may prefer Ambrose over McGregor.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They are better players and we are a better team when they play together. Finding a system that can accomodate both should be a priority.
    The only possibility to play all our must start players is to have a 4-4-2 -

Bogdan/Rocky
    Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
    Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan
    Kamberi Maclaren

Happy days

This is why it's absolutely crucial our business should always be done as early as possible. We start the season behind the 8 ball all the time. Same last year. Get the players signed ASAP and a preseason under there belts.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This is why it's absolutely crucial our business should always be done as early as possible. We start the season behind the 8 ball all the time. Same last year. Get the players signed ASAP and a preseason under there belts.
    I bet the club wish they'd thought of that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    We did, didn’t we? The biggest complaints on here were that we didn’t have a last minute deadline day panic.

Complete agree that we need to be playing these two together and you have to assume that was the intent with re-signing them both.

It does make for a problem:

1) Defensively the clear preference is for 3 at the back with the intention of Hanlon pushing up into midfield when we're bossing games.
    2) We've signed wingers.

I think as most seem to think that will involve moving to a back four.

The concern there is that we're not looking great defensively which means you're banking on either the midfield offering more protection or the attacking players forcing teams onto the back foot to mitigate having fewer defenders. This feels a little risky as I think since we went 3 at the back I've felt we look happier.

The fact we have wingers - Boyle and, based on yesterday, Agyepong worries me for holding the centre mid although to be fair Agyepong was surprisingly robust which was very nice to see.

Milligan also feels like he's going to be a first name down player (there was a moment when he seemed to realise a challenge was going to be a real 50/50 at pace and it felt like his eyes lit up).

Grranted it's early days for Milligan but we do need some grit in Centre midfield so to me that leaves the current must picks for the outfield as:

Boyle Milligan Mallan
    Kamberi MacLaren

Mallan may be questionable for some but it's difficult to argue with the set piece work and particularly the goals.

It then feels as though we lack a bit of balance - we need more in the Centre for me or we risk being over run and exposing the now smaller defence.
    I think we need a winger on the other side for balance too.

Any chance we can get dispensation to play twelve and go 4-5-2 ?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    The only possibility to play all our must start players is to have a 4-4-2 -

Bogdan/Rocky
    Boyle Mallan Milligan Horgan
    Kamberi Maclaren

Happy days
    Milligan a must start player? Based on a wee subs appearance yesterday where he did nowt? Can’t see it somehow.

We’ve got about 3 or 4 must start players, 2 of which are our strikers.

The rest can be swapped around depending on the opposition and injuries etc but these two should, and will, start every game when available.

I thought Flo didn't have the best of games before Macca came on. But they two came a live, both winning knock downs for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Complete agree that we need to be playing these two together and you have to assume that was the intent with re-signing them both.

It does make for a problem:

1) Defensively the clear preference is for 3 at the back with the intention of Hanlon pushing up into midfield when we're bossing games.
    2) We've signed wingers.

I think as most seem to think that will involve moving to a back four.

The concern there is that we're not looking great defensively which means you're banking on either the midfield offering more protection or the attacking players forcing teams onto the back foot to mitigate having fewer defenders. This feels a little risky as I think since we went 3 at the back I've felt we look happier.

The fact we have wingers - Boyle and, based on yesterday, Agyepong worries me for holding the centre mid although to be fair Agyepong was surprisingly robust which was very nice to see.

Milligan also feels like he's going to be a first name down player (there was a moment when he seemed to realise a challenge was going to be a real 50/50 at pace and it felt like his eyes lit up).

Grranted it's early days for Milligan but we do need some grit in Centre midfield so to me that leaves the current must picks for the outfield as:

Boyle Milligan Mallan
    Kamberi MacLaren

Mallan may be questionable for some but it's difficult to argue with the set piece work and particularly the goals.

It then feels as though we lack a bit of balance - we need more in the Centre for me or we risk being over run and exposing the now smaller defence.
    I think we need a winger on the other side for balance too.

Any chance we can get dispensation to play twelve and go 4-5-2 ?
    Don’t think we’ll get away with 12 but I admire your confidence in only going with 9.

Coaching Staff
    They are a bit like the dynamic shown by comedians Morecambe and Wise.

Competent on their own, but their respective abilities hugely enhanced when playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    They are a bit like the dynamic shown by comedians Morecambe and Wise.

Competent on their own, but their respective abilities hugely enhanced when playing together.
    They bring me sunshine on Leith.

Both have had a shot on their own up front this season and have struggled.
    When McLaren played on his own you could see why it didn't happen for him in Germany.

BUT as soon as they joined up together yesterday there was an immediate spark.
    AND the midfielders suddenly had something to work with and we looked like last seasons post January side again.

Re Milligan, he was a shoe in every week as soon as we signed him unless he had gone over the hill. Composed, great passer, organiser and hard.

We will do well again this season (3rd-5th) and come next season I think the rebuild will have been competed and we could even surpass last seasons team.

Exciting