hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Atmosphere

Left by mutual consent!
    Pish atmosphere but to be expected.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Tinhat on, I personally don't think the current singing section is all that. I'm all for a way to get the atmosphere better but believe there are a few things that need to be done for that to happen:

1. We need more than 1 drummer & for Since 1875 to have a more public profile so as people can join their ranks.
    2. Needs to be in famous 5 lower right behind the goals for that added intimidating factor for opposing players.
    3. Needs to encourage the team for full 90 minutes, not just when we are on top or in a big game. The atmosphere is dead a lot of the time, which is a real shame considering our growing season ticket sales and general attendances.

Do I think any of these suggestions will come to fruition, probably not, but we want to make Easter Road an intimidating venue and having a great atmosphere can only help.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think there was/is a wedding this weekend that they'd all be at so they're probably all at that or have been and are either no there today or are there but chosen to leave the drum at home due to the sore heeds?
    You've just given me one trying to unravel that

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Folk are saying when was there ever an atmosphere for a Killie game. That shouldn't be the point but with 17,000 plus apparently in the ground there should be a far better atmosphere, particularly at the start of the game.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    Tinhat on, I personally don't think the current singing section is all that. I'm all for a way to get the atmosphere better but believe there are a few things that need to be done for that to happen:

1. We need more than 1 drummer & for Since 1875 to have a more public profile so as people can join their ranks.
    2. Needs to be in famous 5 lower right behind the goals for that added intimidating factor for opposing players.
    3. Needs to encourage the team for full 90 minutes, not just when we are on top or in a big game. The atmosphere is dead a lot of the time, which is a real shame considering our growing season ticket sales and general attendances.

Do I think any of these suggestions will come to fruition, probably not, but we want to make Easter Road an intimidating venue and having a great atmosphere can only help.
    Aye and the baby shark song

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    Folk are saying when was there ever an atmosphere for a Killie game. That shouldn't be the point but with 17,000 plus apparently in the ground there should be a far better atmosphere, particularly at the start of the game.

I was actually thinking that at the time. We have fantastic attendances yet it can still be really quiet. The only time it really picked up was after we scored the third.

The section I currently have my Season Ticket in (Section 2) must have the biggest group of boring bassas in the stadium. I try to join in the singing but almost nobody else does.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    There was no where near that many in the stadium. The East was half empty so was the Famous Five. I was in the West so I don’t know how that looked. It’s unbelievable how many season ticket holders aren’t turning up this season.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There was no where near that many in the stadium. The East was half empty so was the Famous Five. I was in the West so I don’t know how that looked. It’s unbelievable how many season ticket holders aren’t turning up this season.

There was probably less than 14k actually attended the game today. the East and FF had thousands of empty seats between them, so I presume the West was similar.

Still, I'd rather have that than be watching the games in front of 8-9,000.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    That's why I said apparently

I don't get it either. It's very strange.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    From experience the East (where I had my season ticket) and the FF upper where I normally go these days I'd say the West is the fullest of the three stands and suffers less than the East and FF (in particular with the lower FF) from non attendees.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Hibs were good today no idea what you were watching.
    What game were you at. We were **** in the first half and the killie fans would have been absolutely gutted at 2-0 down as I thoughthey were the better team in the first half... win ugly was what we did today

Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    What game were you at. We were **** in the first half and the killie fans would have been absolutely gutted at 2-0 down as I thoughthey were the better team in the first half... win ugly was what we did today
    That’s a very good trait to have..

Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post

While this should all be taken on board, it looks like from the comments on here that the section weren’t at full numbers today and possibly a bit worse for wear, which might explain the drum’s absence. Was missed though.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Singing section seemed missing today

I said as much to my brother today, we're pretty close to them in the East but we barely heard them all game, very unusual I have to say.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No drum no party.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    No drum no party.
    A few flares would have helped.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Singing section seemed missing today
    In the wrong place mate.....Get them to the East terracing 😏

Quote Originally Posted by vuefrom1875 View Post
    In the wrong place mate.....Get them to the East terracing 😏
    Section 43 rammed with season ticket holders mate. Since1875 were put high in the FF by the club and they’ve stated that there’s no prospect of them ending up in the Famous Five Lower.

People need to accept the reality of the situation

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Section 43 rammed with season ticket holders mate. Since1875 were put high in the FF by the club and they’ve stated that there’s no prospect of them ending up in the Famous Five Lower
    cynical head on ...... the club prefers empty seats.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Pish atmosphere but to be expected.
    Why?

Atmosphere was definitely poor first half but picked up a little more second half. Tbh before reading this thread I thought the singing section/ drummer had been away for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhibs View Post
    Certainly weren't. Good game between 2 good teams. We were a little lacking defensively and Jamie made a huge difference up front. As Lenny said we are a work in progress and will only get better when players get up to speed.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    It certainly was flat today. As a West Stand old fart I certainly don't want to have a go at the Singing section as they do normally make a superb atmosphere about the stadium which I really do appreciate, but I did notice it wasn't there today.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah_hfc View Post
    Atmosphere was definitely poor first half but picked up a little more second half. Tbh before reading this thread I thought the singing section/ drummer had been away for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw on one of the Hibs Facebook groups that the drummer was at a wedding yesterday

The atmosphere shouldn't be all down to one small group in the FF Upper.

FWIW, I thought the guys at the back of Section 43, and sometimes the rest of the East, were giving it a good go occasionally but they were very short in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    I saw on one of the Hibs Facebook groups that the drummer was at a wedding yesterday
    You’d have thought that they could have hired a disco like everyone else 😄

@hibs.net private member
    I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence! 😂😂

@hibs.net private member duffers's Avatar
    The majority of the group were at a wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence! 😂😂

Selfish or what!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    I’ll take the blame for this one, tied the knot and think 20-30 or so missed the match yesterday as a consequence!
    Might be a quickie divorce when she finds you on here the day after your wedding !