hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do Killie fans get added to fans of other teams when it comes down to competing against the oldfirm? Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Queens Park, Hamilton, Dumbarton, Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers are all around about the same distance if not closer .

Because there are several supporters clubs/buses that leave from Kilmarnock and around Ayrshire to go and and watch Celtic and Rangers every week!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Because there are several supporters clubs/buses that leave from Kilmarnock and around Ayrshire to go and and watch Celtic and Rangers every week!
    And do buses not leave Edinburgh, Stirling, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Cumbernauld, Ayr, Coatbridge, Airdrie etc....every week?

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Orange blood rather than Jambo blood. Not that it really matters but i remember it getting sang in the 80's rather than the 90's
    100% correct. It was the same era Hibs fans used to sing Roamin in the gloamin......Soldiers etc etc.....

Our Charman at that time, Tom Hart, publicly critised the songs sung by our supporters.

And do buses not leave Edinburgh, Stirling, Paisley, Hamilton, Motherwell, Cumbernauld, Ayr, Coatbridge, Airdrie etc....every week?

Yes, however Hibs and Hearts don't struggle for fans, the rest do however.

Yes, however Hibs and Hearts don't struggle for fans, the rest do however.

Which is my point. Why should Killie fans get credit for following Killie rather than the oldfirm

Which is my point. Why should Killie fans get credit for following Killie rather than the oldfirm
    I’ll happily give anyone in Scotland credit for supporting their local team rather than the old firm. Most Scottish cities and large towns have Celtic/ Sevco supporters clubs which make it easy for the faint hearted glory hunter to go and watch a winning team every week.

So fair play to them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    100% correct. It was the same era Hibs fans used to sing Roamin in the gloamin......Soldiers etc etc.....

Our Charman at that time, Tom Hart, publicly critised the songs sung by our supporters.
    Ah the good old days.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Eh? Never sung Hello Hello at Easter Road in my puff !
    I have never heard Hibs fans singing it and I have been going since the late 60’s

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    When they do their rendition of Hullo Hullo, do they sing the some words as rangers but just change to Killie boys or do they sing something different?
    Probably not, hun sympathisers that they are

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I’ll happily give anyone in Scotland credit for supporting their local team rather than the old firm. Most Scottish cities and large towns have Celtic/ Sevco supporters clubs which make it easy for the faint hearted glory hunter to go and watch a winning team every week.

So fair play to them.
    Precisely.

It’s loyal supporters like them that have kept their club alive as without them, they would be severely struggling financially and potentially out of business. Something Scottish football could do without.

Ayrshire is just full of Huns. Would be so easy for them to be Rangers supporters considering the number of Huns around the area. But fair play to them to staying loyal to their local clubs

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Why do Killie fans get added to fans of other teams when it comes down to competing against the oldfirm? Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Clyde, Queens Park, Hamilton, Dumbarton, Morton, St Mirren, Falkirk, Airdrie, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers are all around about the same distance if not closer .
    Ibrox is barely a 20 minute drive from Kilmarnock - understandable why a large number take the glory hunting option down that neck of the woods, albeit not enjoyed much in the way of glory in recent years.

I’ve been going since the early 70s and only e ver remember us singing the ‘ha ha ‘ version to show how ridiculous sectarian versions of. songs are. Some of our songbook was adopted by Celtc - so that’s an association I suppose but what can you do? We were around 13 years before them and almost all their initial support originally followed the hibees.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I’ve been going since the early 70s and only e ver remember us singing the ‘ha ha ‘ version to show how ridiculous sectarian versions of. songs are. Some of our songbook was adopted by Celtc - so that’s an association I suppose but what can you do? We were around 13 years before them and almost all their initial support originally followed the hibees.
    We definitely sang the "hello, hello" version at one point, and we sang "Tool Never Walk Alone" for a wee bit as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    Killie fans are huns without the bus fare.
    Really? How many do you know? I used to think I had strong views about RFC/TRFC until I got chatting to Killie fans I know and found that I was quite moderate compared to them!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I love these threads. You always see the same comments about how the songs were heard in the terracing back then but nobody ever seems to own up to singing them themselves

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Sometimes we would sing “ha, ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha, ha , ha ha, to that tune. Huns never liked it.
    That was clever and humourous. Wish ours and others efforts were as good.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I love these threads. You always see the same comments about how the songs were heard in the terracing back then but nobody ever seems to own up to singing them themselves
    I sang the "hello, hello" one (Jambo blood, iirc). It was in the Miller era, I'm sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I sang the "hello, hello" one (Jambo blood, iirc). It was in the Miller era, I'm sure.
    Deary me, not Hibs class!

On a more serious note, what was with singing pro IRA/rebel songs and anti monarchy songs while having a crown on our badge 🤣

Go to the pubs of Kilmarnock when both Killie and The Rangers are at home and they’re packed with fans of the latter. Ayrshire seems to just have that extra level of Hun-bias so it’s quite right that fans of Killie get our respect - in a non-condescending way - along with pretty much every other west coast club, with special mention for the young team at Motherwell.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Deary me, not Hibs class!

On a more serious note, what was with singing pro IRA/rebel songs and anti monarchy songs while having a crown on our badge 🤣
    I can't remember singing any rebel or pro-IRA stuff, even back as a daft youngster - would have been early teens- I knew the rights and wrongs of sectarianism/racism etc

The tune is “Marching through Georgia” by composer Henry Clay Work

A catchy little ditty, i think you'll agree and It was clever of the Kilmarnock fan who changed the bigoted lyric version of The Rangers fans from Billy to Kili.
    However, the baw bag who changed fenian blood to Ayr blood is at the other end of the intellectual spectrum.

As for ignorant Hibs fans who got themselves agitated when the Kilmarnock fans sang it, you need to be less trigger happy and get to know your history.
    Strangely many of them are the same Hibs fans who get angry quickly when we don't roll over the opposing team or they dare to put up a resistance.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't remember that at all and throughout the Miller era I probably only missed a handful of games per season home or away. Maybe as it coincided with me becoming drinking age I have drink induced memory loss

Been going since the early sixties and always loved a sing song and the only song I remember us singing to that particular tune went like this : A one, a two, a three a four a five, a one, a two, a three a four a five, we`ll **** the Glasgow Rangers just as sure as we`re alive, a one, two, three, a four a five.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Certainly remember it in the 70s but the singers were usually shouted down by older guys. Orange blood in these days...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Killie fans were terrible when leaving in front of the Hibs Kids. Language dreadful and very threatening. No stewards or police which was concerning as they were only a few rows away. South for the Hibs kids not a bright idea.
    Sorry. Kids will hear worse at school and even if they don't it's always been part and parcel of going to the football so if you're not willing to expose your kids to that then maybe you should try hospitality.

First Team Breakthrough
    I've lived and worked in Ayrshire over 30 years now, and am good mates with some Killie fans. I travelled through to ER yesterday on one of their buses(not for the first time) and they are brilliant with me, they know im a ST holder and offer me a seat through. Im usually having to drive through every home game, so its great to have the chance to get a few beers before the game for once.
    The ones I know through here, definitely aren't huns without the bus fare, they hate both the ugly sisters(along with Ayr obviously!).

Biggest Killie support I can remember at ER tbh.

There was a Killy fan in the West Upper near me at the FF end yesterday. Some wifey who went mental when they equalised! She kept saying sorry to those around here then started waving to the Kilmarnock fans in the away end! Strange behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Biggest Killie support I can remember at ER tbh.
    Sure they brought more last season in the 5-3 match.

"Hello, Hello, we are the Hi-bees boys,
    Hello, Hello, you'll know us by our noise,
    We're up to our knees in Jam-Tart blood,
    Surrender or you'll die,
    'Cos we are the mental Hibees Boys"

Sung by the young Hibbies, including myself, that used to congregate half way up the old main terrace, about level with the half-way line in the early 80s.

I also occasionally heard some Fans sing the 'orange blood' version, though that seemed to die out by the mid 80s.

We were stupid kids.