hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Let’s have a beer at Easter Road. And the PBS. And Ibrox. And Hampden...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-45970058

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    No thanks

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Not for me.

Nah. Bad enough people going back and forward during the game.

Give their bladders a rest!

Plus they would charge a fortune for pisswater

Left by mutual consent!
    I vote no

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Nah.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I’ll pass 🤔

First Team Breakthrough
    When we all go to Germany or that for a football match we all rave about being able to get a beer, it has too happen we need to move on. Then again the way catering is going at ER we’d end up with flat warm beer along with horrible hard pies

@hibs.net private member
    Surprised at lack of support for this. As it is now fans determined to get pissed just drink as much as they can before the game so turn up steaming. Allow a few beers during the game and it might do away with that. Reminds me of when I lived in England and in pubs people would be on the shots by half 9 because the pub shuts at 11. I don’t see that up here due to the later opening hours.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surprised at lack of support for this. As it is now fans determined to get pissed just drink as much as they can before the game so turn up steaming. Allow a few beers during the game and it might do away with that. Reminds me of when I lived in England and in pubs people would be on the shots by half 9 because the pub shuts at 11. I don’t see that up here due to the later opening hours.
    I very rarely go to the pub before matches but as you say people that do some try get in as many pints as possible but if you can get one at the game there’s no need too

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Yes. Adds to the experience for those who do want to drink, more money to the clubs and an improvement in atmosphere too. 100% in favour of this.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Is this a reference to taking a beer into the seating area,like say Germany or just being able to buy and consume under the stands before the game and at halftime like in England?

Not bothered either way myself, I like a drink on my football days but prefer a bevvy or two in the pub before the game, not botheredpersonally about getting a drink at the ground. The stuff they normally serve in England is overpriced and pretty dire but Im sure younger elements in our support would like to indulge*

* I say that based on experience in England where its usually "the lads" hogging the bar areas under the stands from about the 40th minute to the 50th minute.

Don't want it. Days out at Hampden are miserable with pished fans everywhere, fighting etc.

I don't think it will happen anyway, the amount of incidents involving fans on the pitch in Scotland is far too much. Many cannot be trusted.

I think it could work at low risk games i.e. Dundee v Livingston, Motherwell v St Johnstone etc and see no reason why it cannot be done.

Higher risk games i.e. Rangers v Celtic, Hibs v Hearts would be a big no-no and I can't see that ever changing. There's already enough of a security risk at these games as it is, without making alcohol available within the stadium.

Left by mutual consent!
    No way I would want our club selling drink to the Glasgow **** that come and also hearts. Can you imagine the carnage and abuse in the ground?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Don't want it. Days out at Hampden are miserable with pished fans everywhere, fighting etc.

I don't think it will happen anyway, the amount of incidents involving fans on the pitch in Scotland is far too much. Many cannot be trusted.
    Hampden might be different looking at it, many fans are smashed before the game drinking fast as they can before hand. If they sold pints in the ground it might actually be more relaxed.

Selling alcohol in the ground would be a backward step imo.
    OK - you can’t stop those going to the pub before a match but as others have said, there are some right disruptive pissheads who ruin games for the majority.
    Once again we’d be pandering to the minority by bringing it in.
    And another point, when was it ever sold in grounds previously? Not in my lifetime as I recall.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Selling alcohol in the ground would be a backward step imo.
    OK - you can’t stop those going to the pub before a match but as others have said, there are some right disruptive pissheads who ruin games for the majority.
    Once again we’d be pandering to the minority by bringing it in.
    And another point, when was it ever sold in grounds previously? Not in my lifetime as I recall.
    What about a drinking stand like the family stand?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Not for me. Too many pissed up ersepieces as it is.

Surely the bevvy merchants can last a couple of hours without peeve.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Not for me. Too many pissed up ersepieces as it is.

Surely the bevvy merchants can last a couple of hours without peeve.
    Perhaps it would encourage more people to come to the game if they can have a couple of pints there instead of sitting in the boozer?

No thanks.Fortunately it’ll never happen the Scottish Government already warns about lives ruined by alcohol and won’t relax drink laws.

First Team Breakthrough
    Most grounds in Scotland can't handle the queues for the food, let alone booze. Not too fussed either way, but if it happened it would be overpriced plastic glass poor quality beer. Not for me, but if people want to pay £5 for a pint of Fosters, their choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Perhaps it would encourage more people to come to the game if they can have a couple of pints there instead of sitting in the boozer?
    I doubt the numbers of people who don’t go to games because they can’t drink is significant. It’s been well over thirty years since alcohol was banned at games.

Maybe the probable heightened incidences of peeved idiocy would deter folk though?

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    What about a drinking stand like the family stand?
    LOL. Might resolve the empty seats conundrum in the allegedly “sold out” FF I suppose.

Still don’t agree with it mind you!!

I doubt the numbers of people who don’t go to games because they can’t drink is significant. It’s been well over thirty years since alcohol was banned at games.

Maybe the probable heightened incidences of peeved idiocy would deter folk though?
    Banned at bringing it in to games - yes - but it’s never been sold inside the ground before. Has it?
    Think that’s what most folk on here are objecting to.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Banned at bringing it in to games - yes - but it’s never been sold inside the ground before. Has it?
    Think that’s what most folk on here are objecting to.
    Certainly never sold on the terracing.

I think most folk are actually in favour of keeping stadiums drink free during matches.

100% yes from me, you can eveywhere else in Europe so why not here.

Certainly never sold on the terracing.

I think most folk are actually in favour of keeping stadiums drink free during matches.
    Never ever sold within a ground only behind the scenes in hospitality areas or in fans bars without access from the ground.In my young days OF fans used to get off the train outside ER and lug crates up onto the terracing.Many a fortune founded on collecting the empties.

I doubt I'd bother with a pint at the game as I like my pre and post match pub time, but are we seriously suggesting the English are able to manage this situation but the Scots can't? After all, the original ban on alcohol was a knee- jerk response to the 1980 cup final riot, and no-one is advocating a return to cairry-oots on the terracing!

It could provide much needed finance to our clubs, and won't make any difference to those who turn up blootered in the first place. If the polis did their jobs properly then the "bevvy merchants" wouldn't get into the ground anyway!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Of course we should have this available.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!