hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Aberdeen Statement

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/14/clu...?cn-reloaded=1

First Clarke and now them. There are questions to be answered and hopefully clubs and individuals are brave enough to ask them.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Spot on. Hope the rest of us do the same.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stewart Milne....”It’s time to move on”.

Reap what you sow.

Rangers statement in 3, 2, 1...

We really deserve better than the SFA.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/09/14/clu...?cn-reloaded=1

First Clarke and now them. There are questions to be answered and hopefully clubs and individuals are brave enough to ask them.
    As long as we have Petrie at Hibs, we will say nothing controversial nor will we criticise the SFA. It is quite sad really as everyone can see that the SFA is rotten to the core and it is them that are dragging the game down to its knees. If they had any respect for Scottish Football they would all resign and let forward thinkers govern our game. They are like pigs at a trough.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Spot on. Hope the rest of us do the same.
    No chance the hibs board will rock the boat. Nothing to see here carry on like we have done for years..

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Good statement. Good for them for stating their intention to do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    No chance the hibs board will rock the boat. Nothing to see here carry on like we have done for years..
    Our manager gets banned for cupping his ears and we say nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yup.

Petrie has his eye on being in the chair making the questionable decisions in a few years' time.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Aye I'd love to see us come out with a statement similar to Aberdeens or Clarke's. Never in a million years though.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's worked out so badly for us, hasn't it?

Testimonial Due
    I'm not utterly convinced that the Aberdeen guy's challenge wasn't a red card. He cynically hauls the man down when he's through on goal. Sure there was a little shirt tug ahead of that but the issues for the panel are interpretation - what constitutes an 'obvious refereeing error' and an 'obvious goal scoring opportunity'.

Aberdeen's defence was pretty rubbish really. 'Yeah, but, he pulled our guy's shirt first' and 'our full back was running towards the attacker'.

Fair enough, we've seen some howling decisions this year - the Morelos incident in particular, but I'm not convinced the Devlin incident is one of them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

He didnt though did he, he got banned from screaming in the refs face at Killie, while I totally understand his reaction and didnt understand Clancy not even trying to speak to him before sending him to the stand (no doubt on the word of 4th official) I think you are always going to get in trouble for that. He had a suspended element to that though and his plane impression while very funny was always going to trigger that also.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Aberdeen are only making a statement because of Devlin, I am unclear why Hibs board would be making one?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    I'm not utterly convinced that the Aberdeen guy's challenge wasn't a red card. He cynically hauls the man down when he's through on goal. Sure there was a little shirt tug ahead of that but the issues for the panel are interpretation - what constitutes an 'obvious refereeing error' and an 'obvious goal scoring opportunity'.

Aberdeen's defence was pretty rubbish really. 'Yeah, but, he pulled our guy's shirt first' and 'our full back was running towards the attacker'.

Fair enough, we've seen some howling decisions this year - the Morelos incident in particular, but I'm not convinced the Devlin incident is one of them.
    Tend to agree think that one was a 50/50 one. Devlin wasnt stopping Brophy for speed and could kind of see why it was given.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Aberdeen are only making a statement because of Devlin, I am unclear why Hibs board would be making one?
    Yep better to keep powder dry until we have a cause to fight no doubt coming along soon.

Coaching Staff

He wasn’t banned for cupping his ears though....

Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post

Whilst the incident was the catalyst for their statement I think it's a bit irrelevant to the wider point they make regarding the lack of transparency when it comes to hearing appeals and handing out bans.

Disciplinary procedures in sport should be totally transparent to avoid accusations of corruption. As long as players and managers fates are decided by 3 people in a room with little or no explanation given for the reasoning behind a decision then there will always be an element of suspicion, especially when the decisions are baffling in their inconsistency.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Tend to agree think that one was a 50/50 one. Devlin wasnt stopping Brophy for speed and could kind of see why it was given.
    The reason he wasn’t catching him was because Brophy had fouled Devlin. It’s never a red card.

The reason he wasn’t catching him was because Brophy had fouled Devlin. It’s never a red card.

Not so sure think both were fouling.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He didnt though did he, he got banned from screaming in the refs face at Killie, while I totally understand his reaction and didnt understand Clancy not even trying to speak to him before sending him to the stand (no doubt on the word of 4th official) I think you are always going to get in trouble for that. He had a suspended element to that though and his plane impression while very funny was always going to trigger that also.
    Correct, he had a 2 match suspended ban, and the airplane was deemed to be "entering the field of play" (hard to argue, tbh) which gave him a one match ban and hence triggered the 2 suspended.

NL did talk to the media afterward, said he thought it was a bit harsh and that no common sense was used - but that rules (re entering the field of play) were rules - He also said it was worth it and he would do it again

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Whilst the incident was the catalyst for their statement I think it's a bit irrelevant to the wider point they make regarding the lack of transparency when it comes to hearing appeals and handing out bans.

Disciplinary procedures in sport should be totally transparent to avoid accusations of corruption. As long as players and managers fates are decided by 3 people in a room with little or no explanation given for the reasoning behind a decision then there will always be an element of suspicion, especially when the decisions are baffling in their inconsistency.
    I agree to some extent on transparency - although that has issues as well. In this case, the panel has published an explanation which is clear and, in my view, correct.

While ostensibly it’s a statement regarding one particular incident, we can all see the inferences run a lot deeper but until the clubs (who, after all, we are told, are the SFA) do something to rectify the ridiculous voting system used to affect change and progress, then it’s all just, sadly, hot air.

Testimonial Due

Brophy's foul on Devlin doesn't enter into the red card appeal which is entirely focused on Devlin's foul on Brophy because that's what the red card was for.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post

We have been on the recieving end on plenty of occasions and will continue to do so as the board never speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    It's worked out so badly for us, hasn't it?
    What?

The Aberdeen FC statement.............

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen FC

Aberdeen FC finds the explanation provided by the SFA in relation to the Michael Devlin red card appeal unacceptable.

The club maintains its view that the player was wrongfully dismissed, that the evidence presented was a robust defence and was overwhelmingly compelling in the player’s favour.

In light of recent decisions taken by the SFA, the club believes it is imperative for the country’s football authorities to establish consistency and transparency in the appeal and referral process and will engage in dialogue with the SPFL in this regard to seek their assistance.

Furthermore, at a time when technology is making a significant and positive impact across sport, the club believes that the impact of the VAR system trials in the English Premier League need to be considered if stakeholders in the game are going to regain trust in the process.

AFC is aware that the views we have expressed are held by many who have found key appeal and referral decisions this year perplexing and want to see the governing body dealing with this proactively, with a consistent and transparent appeals process high up on the agenda.

Doing so would enhance the game’s integrity, greatly assist referees, improve the game for fans and, ultimately, the perception of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    While ostensibly it’s a statement regarding one particular incident, we can all see the inferences run a lot deeper but until the clubs (who, after all, we are told, are the SFA) do something to rectify the ridiculous voting system used to affect change and progress, then it’s all just, sadly, hot air.
    Th ultimate irony was that there was a vote and Aberdeen were the team who decided to vote against changing the voting though personally think there may have been a bit more to it than that.

Yep better to keep powder dry until we have a cause to fight no doubt coming along soon.
    First they came for the Dons and we said nothing...