Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Regards Aberdeen statement looks like they have taken up the opportunity to bring to the fore the issue of the woeful decisions made by referees and also the panel through the Devlin sending off, looking to set out a marker early on that what they have seen so far just isnt acceptable. Whilst it might not have directly affected us so far, I suspect our turn is just around the corner, given we haven't played the ugly sisters or the mob across the city yet, who appear to be the beneficiaries of the diabolical decisions.
Aberdeen and Clarke are setting the stall out for the rest to follow about not rolling over and accepting all the biased, woeful decisions of match officials and their bosses.
Just on not getting involved at this time as its not us that have been affected, we had quite a number of awful decisions against us last year and as a club/board there was nothing said ie Clancy's impact in our games during the season. So perhaps it goes back again to we say nothing, because of our chairman's ambitions ....so if thats it we can look forward to whole lot of £hit decisions that affect our results again this season !!!
We're in quite an interesting and strong position on this one - in that we haven't been affected by anything yet, so can be considered to be (fairly) neutral and objective. Other teams could be accused of sour grapes or a vested interest in matters. Do we have to wait until we are hard done by before we get involved? We are going to benefit through Dicker missing the game against us at the weekend, which is a ridiculous state of affairs. I like that Aberdeen have been critical of the process, and don't think it would be wrong of us to weigh in in support, although I do tend to prefer to see us near the bottom of the statement league.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Our Board challenging outright lies by the media would be nice once in a while though...viz Bojangles Jackson: "every Rangers player on pitch was attacked or spat on by Hibs fans during Hampden riot".
RP, LD et al played an absolute blinder throughout that debacle. Whilst there were ridiculous lies printed, we can't hide the fact that we were on the pitch when we shouldn't have been, some Rangers players had attention that they should not have had and that some property was damaged. Hibs didn't get involved in hysterics and quietly went about minimising the fall out, and I think they did a superb job of it. Anyone who has half a brain cell knows that what the DR printed was garbage - why get involved in tit for tat drivel? "Don't roll with pigs in s**t" was great advice given to me many years ago - and that is exactly what getting into a public war of words would have been doing.