hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Longer training sessions. Get them doing more weights, yoga, swimming etc
    We have fitness experts employed to decide on these things. I have a feeling they know how much footballers should be doing and our players are doing it.

If I could change anything it would be this ''good old days'' attitude, I'd have people stop overthinking daft nonsense and just enjoy whats infront of them.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 13-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Eh? How does that work then?

Should teachers income tax be used solely to pay for schools? Nurses and doctors for the NHS?

Gonna be a bit of a funding gap there I think!

Top earning footballers pay way more tax than the rest of us already and help pay for the public services that you and I enjoy.
    Just last week a French politician proposed a 5% tax on all football transfers, with the revenue being reinvested at grass roots level. Across here they do stuff like this quite a lot - saying that the money raised in a certain new tax will be used for a specific purpose and in general it is (at least for the first year or two).

End all TV and radio interviews with players. They just talk in clichés anyway so you never learn anything.

That and coloured boots. Black only please. We're not on the beach.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Just last week a French politician proposed a 5% tax on all football transfers, with the revenue being reinvested at grass roots level. Across here they do stuff like this quite a lot - saying that the money raised in a certain new tax will be used for a specific purpose and in general it is (at least for the first year or two).
    I was asked if I would like my tax to stay in Scotland or the UK as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We have fitness experts employed to decide on these things. I have a feeling they know how much football should be doing and our players are doing it.

If I could change anything it would be this ''good old days'' attitude, I'd have people stop overthinking daft nonsense and just enjoy whats infront of them.

Touché

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Who decides what a normal wage is? Plenty people watching Hibs that will be a earning more than the players.
    i doubt plenty fans will be earning at least £100k per year, some yes, plenty no

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Socks that don’t have holes cut into them...wtf is that all about?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    i doubt plenty fans will be earning at least £100k per year, some yes, plenty no
    From what people say on here (which admittedly could be ***** ) I doubt many of the players are either.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Socks over the knee....wtf?

Stop playing super loud, super crap music a couple of minutes before kickoff.

Can players adopt footwear suitable for the conditions and stop sliding about on their *****.

Finally, can we have another decade when we rarely lose to H*****

Shirt tucked in, socks pulled up!! Oli McBurnie... Shambles.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Every defeat should be punished with a session running the sand dunes at Gullane

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    From what people say on here (which admittedly could be ***** ) I doubt many of the players are either.
    £2k per week would be the average id guess for first team players

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Approx 1% of uk earn >100k pa

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup. Majority of people wouldn’t even play football if it was for a normal wage seeing as you’d need to start from the bottom in a new career when you retired. Footballers are paid what they’re worth due to their on pitch ability, marketability etc, even if it is astronomical amounts.
    How’s about reduce ticket prices and not have people giving money away for nothing to various schemes, include reducing the price of replica strips too

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I read an article a while back about the All Blacks and how they all pitch in to clean the changing rooms and carry out any tasks that need done. It's part of the honour of playing for the side.

Whilst it's hard to translate that to football because players will just go elsewhere I'd like to see young lads given a bit of a grounding like they were back in the day. Maybe helping to wash strips, sweep changing rooms, wash boots and so on. I don't think there's anything wrong with reminding anyone that they have a chance to live a pretty privileged life if they have the right work ethic.
    "Legacy" is a brilliant book and I think that humilty, whilst being World class, is something that's a real 'growth mindset'. It might stop some of the "I've arrived" over confidence which you could possibly level at some Scottish players over the years.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    "Legacy" is a brilliant book and I think that humilty, whilst being World class, is something that's a real 'growth mindset'. It might stop some of the "I've arrived" over confidence which you could possibly level at some Scottish players over the years.
    I wonder if they use similar psychology in Australia. I noticed during Milligan's interview with Hibs TV he made a big point about still having things to learn, not something you hear often from 33 year old established internationals.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    How’s about reduce ticket prices and not have people giving money away for nothing to various schemes, include reducing the price of replica strips too
    You could do, but then you could say that about anything that makes a lot of money. Coca Cola could reduce the price of their product etc. I personally don’t think £20 odds for 90+ minutes of live entertainment is that bad to be honest and is pretty comparable to other live events like musicals, concerts etc. Likewise replica strips - they’re not cheap, but not a lot of stuff is nowadays. I looked at a tshirt in the Nike outlet for wearing to the gym the other day that was £35. Just a plain tshirt and that was in the outlet aswell, the RRP was presumably more than that.

Let’s remember that even the players at Hibs and other Scottish teams are better than 99.999% (I made this figure up but I’d hazard a guess it’s true or not far off it ) of the worlds population at what they do. Anyone else that’s at such a high level in most other fields probably earn more than that.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Bring back booking players who stop free kicks being taken. Bring back the 6 second rule for keepers but mostly bring back footballers being real men. The women are far harder than the men from what I can see. Any player rolling about should be given a one month ban for bringing the game into disrepute.
    That's just the start.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Big leather fitbas with a bladder inside and 20 sections of leather sewn together and a bit where you had to tie up a lace to keep the bladder in.

Doubled in weight when it rained.

The youngsters today don't know how easy they've got it. We used to have to carry our own pitch to every game.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Jumpers for goalposts etc

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I’d get rid of all this modern sports science guff. Whatever happened to running up Arthur’s Seat? That was a science in my day

@hibs.net private member
    Get rid of squad numbers please. Starting line up should be 1-11 and the names on the jerseys are unnecessary. It's just a marketing ploy to sell more jerseys and then charge you an extra few quid for letters on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Every defeat should be punished with a session running the sand dunes at Gullane
    Watched by a cardboard cutout of Jock Wallace.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Not a ban as such but I wish players would tuck their tops in. Nobody does that any more. I would however ban fluorescent boots as they look ridiculous.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Moan fest message boards