hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Happy birthday Sir Patrick.
    Remember me?... I used to deliver your newspaper

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Whether you're old and lucky enough to have seen him play or not, you know who he is.

Club Legend.

Happy Birthday Pat

Many Hibby returns sir Pat!!

A very happy birthday, Pat.

I was lucky enough to be in his company on numerous occasions, including the first trip to Athens and the good man wrote the foreword to my second book.

A nicer person you could not meet and my all time favourite Hibs player
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A very happy birthday, Pat.

I was lucky enough to be in his company on numerous occasions, including the first trip to Athens and the good man wrote the foreword to my second book.

A nicer person you could not meet and my all time favourite Hibs player
    Was my hero growing up and also met him in Athens but to my eternal shame was so pissed can barely remember it.
    What a player.

@hibs.net private member
    WoW 74! Can remember as a young lad of 18 going in to the Tolbooth Bar to have a pint with my Dad, he is sitting there with Pat Jimmy O and George Stewart playing Dominoes.
    Was brought into the company could hardly speak to them star struck.
    My Hero sitting with my Dad didn't get better for me, they treated me like they new me for years Great men!!
    What a player he was.
    Happy birthday sir.

First Team Breakthrough GTMRossaK3's Avatar
    Hi Pat

Have a wonderful birthday. If anyone is Hibs you are.

I was born and grew up in the West Highlands so have no direct area reason to have been a strong Hibs supporter for the last 60+ years. My Dad was born in Greenock so was a Morton supporter. Him and his family were moved to the West Coast as his Mother was from Skye, so they were relocated to the West Highlands due to the war. When I was about 5, given my Dad strongly supported a football team and played at a pretty high level in Highlands football, my elder brother and I decided we needed to support a football team too! This was about 1955 when I was 5 - my brother was older so got first pick - he looked at the league table and chose the top team - Partick Thistle! I chose the team sitting second - Hibs. As PT quickly slipped down the table my brother jumped ship to Celtic but me, I stuck loyal, and have enjoyed the experience of being a Hibs supporter for most of my life. I moved to university in Edinburgh so I could go to Hibs games! My son is also now a supporter after seeing Riordan's three v Kilmarnock. I hope it follows in the family with my lovely grandson Oliver, who at the same age as I chose Hibs, supports the GREEN team.

Have a lovely time Pat - you are a fantastic advert for our great club and such a lovely person!

Take care,
    Donnie

@hibs.net private member
    He was before my time unfortunately but the importance of the man is not lost on me. Whenever I talk to my dad and his mates about older Hibs legends the tone always changes when Pat Stanton is brought up and u can sense he was every bit as good as what everyone says. Happy birthday to, as my dad and his mates put it, “the greatest to wear the green”.

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Was my hero growing up and also met him in Athens but to my eternal shame was so pissed can barely remember it.
    What a player.
    My Dad's Hero,also pissed in Athens but was made worse when my mate came into the room and said "guess who I just had breakfast with"? It was of course King Paddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyHibee View Post
    My Dad's Hero,also pissed in Athens but was made worse when my mate came into the room and said "guess who I just had breakfast with"? It was of course King Paddy.
    Forgot to say, Happy Birthday to the number 1 Hibby of all time.

Left by mutual consent!
    Happy Birthday Mr Stanton, and once again - thank you ! Blessed to have witnessed the man

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Will do.....already had it pencilled in....😉
    I never doubted it! I saw Jimmy when I was up for The Open, he's in fine fettle!