hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: "Attendances"

"Attendances"

Good article here on how much the difference between "tickets sold" on "attendees" actually is at some clubs.

Wonder how easy it would be to do something similar in Scotland.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45158878

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good article here on how much the difference between "tickets sold" on "attendees" actually is at some clubs.

Seems to be good clear statistics, showing also the different reasons for different figures.

You need total tickets sold for Tax reasons, and total attendance at the game for Police, emergency and Safety reasons.

This seems to clear up what people on here have always griped about with other teams attendance figures.

It appears it is what figures the journo asks for is what's printed, hence sell out with loads of empty seats!!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ces-up-1767244

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Pity it's so out of date. I believe we tend to quote tickets sold now, but I think we were one of the last clubs to adopt this policy. Would just be nice to compare our record average attendance figures (which I'm pretty sure they still would be) against what we had in the past, to get a true reflection of the crowd growth.

Coaching Staff
    All the clubs are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    All the clubs are at it.
    Definitely, I don't think we were back in say the Mowbray years, would be curious to see equivalent figures from last year to compare

@hibs.net private member
    Definitely, I don't think we were back in say the Mowbray years, would be curious to see equivalent figures from last year to compare
    Two seasons ago we moved to the tickets sold system when Greg Mailer was in charge of marketing. This was to bring us in line with other clubs.

Prior to that we always counted attendees. At the time there was about a 10per cent difference between the two numbers. I don’t know if that difference has changed now.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Two seasons ago we moved to the tickets sold system
    At the time there was about a 10per cent difference between the two numbers. I don’t know if that difference has changed now.
    I believe the 10% has been quoted more recently as a general guide. Given that number and the fact we have very few sell out games I am confused why others are so obsessed with the exact figure. Even if we knew it, what would it mean? People go on holiday, get sick, attend work and birthdays etc. What would anyone change about that? I was not surprised about the Man United stat as they have sell outs and their tickets have a high commercial value with an active market. Even Chelsea fans do not turn up with their high ticket prices.

The way tickets are sold has altered, as now the majority are sold in advance by season or web. Clubs are entitled to count those fully. It is only really airlines who are reliant on a different model. The only fan value I can see is when you have the Arsenal scenario of frustrated waiting lists. But again that is more about overall numbers rather than specific games. I am pretty sure the club will have a good grasp on how dates, days, TV and times impact crowds.

There is an underlying trend of people not showing up for things , as restaurants are finding to their cost.