hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    All about opinion but I thought O’Donnell played very well and has put a marker down to be the first choice right back.

Playing against a awful team who rarely troubled but he can only play who he is up against.

Constantly got forward, couple of good crosses, won his headers, pressed well and won his tackles.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't stand Naismith but he's not "finished" like some would have us believe on here...that much is evident

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I never said he was finished. Although I do think he will fade quickly. A few of goals against st mirren and Albania won't change my opinion.

Anyway. Good result tonight. Back to proper football on sat now 😀

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Naismith, McGinn and Robertson had good games. McGregor also made a couple of good stops when he had to. McDonald from Fulham was utterly dreadful and rightfully hooked at half time.

I can't stand Naismith but he's not "finished" like some would have us believe on here...that much is evident

So because he has scored a couple in the first 4 games for hearts and one game for Scotland completely erases the fact he has done nothing for 6 months......lets just see how it pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I never said he was finished. Although I do think he will fade quickly. A few of goals against st mirren and Albania won't change my opinion.

Anyway. Good result tonight. Back to proper football on sat now
    No wasn't meaning yourself mate indeed big game now for the Hibees on Sat need a big performance on Sat

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Naismith played very well. I thought he was a good player to begin with, but struggled to see how he could lead the line for us. He's proved me wrong.

Still, I'm sure even if he finished top scorer in the league and scored a hat-trick against us in every derby this season, he'd still be "past it".

Well done Scotland limited opposition or not that was a potential banana skin.. professional performance and hopefully better players to come back in..

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    So because he has scored a couple in the first 4 games for hearts and one game for Scotland completely erases the fact he has done nothing for 6 months......lets just see how it pans out.
    His performances for hearts and Scotland suggest he’s definitely not finished. It’s not difficult, for all he’s a nasty wee Jambo twat ;)

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Im not watching but Willie 'gonad heid' millar has described McGinn as,'magnificent' on the radio, despite the errors.
    I was watching. I agree with Willie Miller. Actually - although the whole team played well I thought Mcginn, Souttar and Naismith were the pick of the bunch.
    Last edited by GreenOnions; 10-09-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Come on...he's started the season extremely well...take the Hibs tinted specs off for a minute mate...he's been instrumental in them winning all their 4 matches in league and played well tonight. I personally can't stand him but he's playing well so far...whether he keeps it up we shall see but he's obviously a lot fitter than he was last season. Don't see the point in lying to ourselves

No wasn't meaning yourself mate indeed big game now for the Hibees on Sat need a big performance on Sat

I know mate. It's all good.

Feeling (hoping) we will get a big performance. Boys will be fired up.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    I know mate. It's all good.

Feeling (hoping) we will get a big performance. Boys will be fired up.
    We normally bounce back well after a disappointment under Lenny so fingers crossed

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    That team is a joke.

Naismith who’s been here and done it before over our best striker avaiable.

Gonna be a long 90 minutes at hampden.
    I’ll take back what I said about Naismith 👀
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    His performances for hearts and Scotland suggest he’s definitely not finished. It’s not difficult, for all he’s a nasty wee Jambo twat ;)
    Agree. Said when they got him back he’d do all right for them. He wasn’t fit when he signed for them in January but their rare decent performances/wins in the latter part of the season usually coincided with him doing well.

He’s a prick but he’s still more than capable of doing well in our league.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not had a lot of football this season, an injury the sitting on the Celtic bench.
    Looks to be carrying a few pounds too many to me.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Agree. Said when they got him back he’d do all right for them. He wasn’t fit when he signed for them in January but their rare decent performances/wins in the latter part of the season usually coincided with him doing well.

He’s a prick but he’s still more than capable of doing well in our league.
    Yup my thoughts exactly...both about his ability and my dislike for the wee runt lol :)

Come on...he's started the season extremely well...take the Hibs tinted specs off for a minute mate...he's been instrumental in them winning all their 4 matches in league and played well tonight. I personally can't stand him but he's playing well so far...whether he keeps it up we shall see but he's obviously a lot fitter than he was last season. Don't see the point in lying to ourselves

Lets be clear, im not saying he is finished....i just think he is rubbish. Thats my opinion. Lets put our hibs glasses on for a minute......do you think that if any hibs player had played like he did from Jan to May on a reputed 8k a week would be getting the same plaudits Naismith is?? Seems like folk cannot wait to praise him after they realised he was so poor last season.

I can't believe people are suggesting that Naismith is finished.

He's clearly Scottish.

@hibs.net private member
    Lets be clear, im not saying he is finished....i just think he is rubbish. Thats my opinion. Lets put our hibs glasses on for a minute......do you think that if any hibs player had played like he did from Jan to May on a reputed 8k a week would be getting the same plaudits Naismith is?? Seems like folk cannot wait to praise him after they realised he was so poor last season.
    He wasn't fit...he has now had a good pre-season...only 31 years old...think he is still a very good player..a real menace on the pitch. I'll predict he will get 20 goals this season, and be one of the performing players in the league...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We played Albania tonight folks. Let's not get too excited by Naismith.

Happy to be proved wrong but I think he will fizzle out quite quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He wasn't fit...he has now had a good pre-season...only 31 years old...think he is still a very good player..a real menace on the pitch. I'll predict he will get 20 goals this season, and be one of the performing players in the league...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Well we will agree to disagree....im glad he scored this evening but i just dont rate him and havent done since his Rangers days. Just my opinion. Lets wait and see.

He ain't rubbish mate sorry...I wish he was. He clearly wasn't fit last season..had a decent pre season. He's more than good enough in our league

Sensible post alert 👍

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I thought we played pretty well tonight and with a wee bit of luck and composure in front of goal it could have been a much bigger win. We shouldnt be comparing ourselves to Belgium as they are the benchmark of where we want to be but at the moment we're at the level where Albania is a good victory. And Super John is still very much Super. MOM tonight and worked his socks off

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Wasted 45 minutes and didn't even get the payoff of seeing the win, as my boss decided to take me for lunch!

Glad we got a win at last!

Never saw the game - what was the attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I thought we played pretty well tonight and with a wee bit of luck and composure in front of goal it could have been a much bigger win. We shouldnt be comparing ourselves to Belgium as they are the benchmark of where we want to be but at the moment we're at the level where Albania is a good victory. And Super John is still very much Super. MOM tonight and worked his socks off
    Not sure if it was this thread i mentioned it or not but Scotlands home record in competitive matches is actually quite good. Since the start of Euro 16 qualifiers which began in 2014 i think, we have lost one match at home....Germany beat us 2-3. Not bad.

We were playing against rubbish but can only beat what’s in front of you. We were comfortable and should have won by more.

Nothing to get too excited about but if it’s ever going to turn around it needs to start somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Never saw the game - what was the attendance?
    17 something

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    We were playing against rubbish but can only beat what’s in front of you. We were comfortable and should have won by more.

Nothing to get too excited about but if it’s ever going to turn around it needs to start somewhere.
    They qualified for Euro 2016.