hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hendo in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Aritch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My understanding was that he wanted to work with Fabio Grosso again, the manager who signed him for Bari.

Sure we’ll see him making the step up to serie A sooner rather than later.
    I think I would too after those 2006 heroics

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    How many Scottish players are playing abroad now? Obviously Henderson, Jack Harper, Harvey St Clair? Jonny Russell in USAAnd the ex Dundee United player at Sporting Lisbon. Barry Douglas was in Poland but I can’t think of other players.
    Stokes in Iran

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Stokes in Iran
    He's not Scottish.

That's a tad annoying as I was in Verona three weeks ago and, without knowing he played for them, tried to find out if they were at home, but couldn't find anything.

Had quite a well presented club shop near the amphitheatre.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    How many Scottish players are playing abroad now? Obviously Henderson, Jack Harper, Harvey St Clair? Jonny Russell in USAAnd the ex Dundee United player at Sporting Lisbon. Barry Douglas was in Poland but I can’t think of other players.
    Ryan Gauld... out on loan to Farense

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Ryan Gauld... out on loan to Farense
    I'm told by people in Lisbon that it's a really strange move for him. They see the 2nd tier as very physical and don't think Gauld will cope. Apparently they all thought the move to Aberdeen on loan was a done deal, wonder what happened

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I'm told by people in Lisbon that it's a really strange move for him. They see the 2nd tier as very physical and don't think Gauld will cope. Apparently they all thought the move to Aberdeen on loan was a done deal, wonder what happened
    Ryan probably remembers what the winters are like

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    My knowledge on Serie B and Italian football in general these days is severely lacking but at his age with the experience of playing abroad I'd still like to see him in the squad for friendlies to see how he gets on.
    I get we have a number of semi decent midfielders but none of them are irreplaceable and why bother with friendlies at all if you aren't going to try something new? The squad may be in the bottom half of the league but there's constant news stories in regards to how well Henderson is playing.
    We need to start playing players in form and not just playing those who play at bigger clubs.

In saying that I haven't watched him play other than a few YouTube clips in recent times so I may just be speaking nonsense.
    Miss the football italia lol

Not good for henderson just now as Serie B has been suspended!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Why?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    He's not Scottish.
    Neither he is

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Why..? I noticed his team Verona are going well.. 4-1 win at the weekend and a Hendo assist.. 2nd in the table.. hopefully it’s nothing serious.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Neither he is
    😅 Lee Irwin is who is playing for the same team. (may have been mentioned already)

Simon Murray in SA.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Why?
    As far as I can tell, three teams were bombed out of the league in the summer for 'financial irregularities', but there was no agreement on which teams shouuld replace them, so this season they just cracked on with 19 teams instead of 22. But now it's gone to some court or arbitration body, who's said they have to stop playing games until there's a final agreement on who (if anyone) joins the league.

Having a good old go at making Scottish football's governance look competent.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    As far as I can tell, three teams were bombed out of the league in the summer for 'financial irregularities', but there was no agreement on which teams shouuld replace them, so this season they just cracked on with 19 teams instead of 22. But now it's gone to some court or arbitration body, who's said they have to stop playing games until there's a final agreement on who (if anyone) joins the league.

Having a good old go at making Scottish football's governance look competent.
    I nearly paid Euros to see Livirno in Serie B last night before this suspension (got beat 0-1). Opted for closer to accommodation Pisa v Cuneo instead and witnessed overpriced rubbish. The Pisa game was Serie C scheduled at a weeks notice (same league finance troubles apparently) and moved from Wednesday to last night at a couple of days notice.
    Italian football seems plagued with this and if I'm honest hasn't it always?

Left by mutual consent!
    I can't read the thread title without singing "Breakfast at tiffany's".

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I nearly paid Euros to see Livirno in Serie B last night before this suspension (got beat 0-1). Opted for closer to accommodation Pisa v Cuneo instead and witnessed overpriced rubbish. The Pisa game was Serie C scheduled at a weeks notice (same league finance troubles apparently) and moved from Wednesday to last night at a couple of days notice.
    What is Pisa like Iggy ? Only ask because a colleague's daughter is going there to study and he was/is a wee bit anxious - she is travelling around Italy first though (with a friend). It's one of the only parts of Italy I haven't travelled to. Sorry to hijack a thread and sound like trip advisor . I loved Italy have to say, would retire there in a heartbeat.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    How much was a ticket IP

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    What is Pisa like Iggy ? Only ask because a colleague's daughter is going there to study and he was/is a wee bit anxious - she is travelling around Italy first though (with a friend). It's one of the only parts of Italy I haven't travelled to. Sorry to hijack a thread and sound like trip advisor . I loved Italy have to say, would retire there in a heartbeat.
    Pisa is strongly recommended. Plenty to do and see, great train links to the rest of Tuscany and beyond. She will be fine in Pisa I think, it's a big enough city that's easy to get around. And in 5 mins here, she'll know more about it than me I've no doubt.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Pisa is strongly recommended. Plenty to do and see, great train links to the rest of Tuscany and beyond. She will be fine in Pisa I think, it's a big enough city that's easy to get around. And in 5 mins here, she'll know more about it than me I've no doubt.
    You didn't fancy the Venice or Verona options then?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    How much was a ticket IP
    40 -50 Euro for a seat in the Tribune. Got 20 Euro tickets in the Gradinate which is a concrete block not dissimilar to the adorable wee arrangement at Central Park stock cars. The game was largely ***** although the Pisa ultras did not stop from start to finish in the Curva. Unlikeable blue colours though.

Coaching Staff
    Cheers mate, I'll pass that on I think she will really enjoy Italy - her father will have to have deep pockets mind as she lives a champagne lifestyle on an Irn Bru wallet and it's not cheap there........I sense many a phone call home and quite a few online bank transfers

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You didn't fancy the Venice or Verona options then?
    Too much travelling ODS. Maybe next time. Need to get back to Pisa where the digs are and the trains aren't running late at night, but your advice was much welcomed. Even Livorno was too much of an ask as they kicked off at 9pm last night and no public transport from the stadium area after 10. Picking up,the paper in Florence with Hendo's mug in it got me racing though.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Cheers mate, I'll pass that on I think she will really enjoy Italy - her father will have to have deep pockets mind as she lives a champagne lifestyle on an Irn Bru wallet and it's not cheap there........I sense many a phone call home and quite a few online bank transfers
    Ooooft!. Asperol looks too much like Irn Bru. Watch oot!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Too much travelling ODS. Maybe next time. Need to get back to Pisa where the digs are and the trains aren't running late at night, but your advice was much welcomed. Even Livorno was too much of an ask as they kicked off at 9pm last night and no public transport from the stadium area after 10. Picking up,the paper in Florence with Hendo's mug in it got me racing though.
    No bother. Sounds like you've been having a good time anyway. Pretty jealous to be honest.

My cousin is over here just now from San Giovanni Valdarno just south of Florence. It's great to be able to speak Italian with her but it's really given me the itch to go back again. Three years is far too long a wait between visits.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    No bother. Sounds like you've been having a good time anyway. Pretty jealous to be honest.

My cousin is over here just now from San Giovanni Valdarno just south of Florence. It's great to be able to speak Italian with her but it's really given me the itch to go back again. Three years is far too long a wait between visits.
    Do you have Italian background ODS?

Remember the English boy, Owen Hargreaves, plugged away in Germany unnoticed, plays 145 games for Munich, then signs for Man U and plays 27 games and a game for Man City and has to retire at like 32, I bet if he'd stayed in Germany he'd still be playing today aged 37! I'm sure he retired at 32.

PS - I know we're talking Scottish but i'm just saying how these guys should just stay if they're happy and settled!
    Last edited by I'm Spartacus; 19-09-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Do you have Italian background ODS?
    Or is he just there for the Totti!!! :) (get it??!)

First Team Regular
    40 -50 Euro for a seat in the Tribune. Got 20 Euro tickets in the Gradinate which is a concrete block not dissimilar to the adorable wee arrangement at Central Park stock cars. The game was largely ***** although the Pisa ultras did not stop from start to finish in the Curva. Unlikeable blue colours though.
    That's pretty steep. I saw Napoli play twice last season while working in Naples; one ticket was €18, the other €24, both quite reasonable seats.