hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 115
  1. #61
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    641
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Post the Belgium humiliation would anyone wish to currently fly the saltire? The snp have hijacked the saltire just like the bnp hijacked the St George one. The saltire has become similar to the St George one an utter embarrassment.

    Nationalism is one and the same a total despot tyranny one to be defeated.

    Mon Scottish Labour

    So because we were beaten by a better football team we should be embarrassed to fly our national flag?!

    And if Nationalism is one and the same a total despot tyranny one to be defeated then surely your Alan Partridge-esque sign off should read:

    Mon Universal Labour?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got nothing left but Tory tropes. Grievance politics, you scream, whilst all around us, Scotland suffers. When we're independent, you'll be able to transfer to your real church, the church of Maggie Thatcher.

    Enjoy. 😊

    #ermineandrobes
    Tory tropes, really?

    Whenever have I posted anything vaguely Thatcherite?

    You cant reallly answer any serious question put to you can you?

    Still, a hyperlink or a hashtag suffices in Natland.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your getting a bit crotchety mate. Jeremy has got to you.

    It was a ***** joke. Not a very good one though.

    Take a chill, and wrap yourself in the jack to take your mind off it.
    What was the joke btw? Never even got the Empire 2 comment. Take your point it wasnít a good joke but would appreciate you explaining it. Thanks in advance
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  5. #64
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got nothing left but Tory tropes. Grievance politics, you scream, whilst all around us, Scotland suffers. When we're independent, you'll be able to transfer to your real church, the church of Maggie Thatcher.

    Enjoy. 😊

    #ermineandrobes

    God bless Margaret Thatcher

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    12,908
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As no doubt the guy I replied to is mate. Usually I would ignore folk like him, but I have seen the opinion he espouses repeated by folk who actually do want to be taken seriously as politicians or social commentators.

    As you allude to, there's no doubt that there is a minority in the independence movement who are driven by anti English sentiment or because they have watched Braveheart Ö. I have about as much time for them as I do for folk like him. For me and I would say 90% of folk in the independence movement its about restoring Scotland to its place as a country in its own right Ö something that IMO was utterly betrayed in the act of union.

    I don't care if someone knows all the words to flower of Scotland and can point to their family tartan in a book Ö. If they think those things mean they belong to a proper country they are deluding themselves, they may well be 'proud Scots' but for me I fail to see any 'pride' in leaving your country in a situation where it is little better than the biggest region of another country with no seat at the table of the family of 'proper' nations. A situation which means the ideals, hopes, wishes and social outlook of its 5 million people will always be subservient to the ideals, hopes, wishes and social outlook of a far bigger 'partner'

    That's why Scotland isn't a proper country Ö its about as authentic as a state as those castles in Disney theme parks are authentic castles and that will always be the case until we finally take responsibility for all the functions and responsibilities of a proper nation state.

    As for his comments about the Saltire. In a way I sort of agree with him, but not for the reasons he and the unionist camp give. Perhaps it is time the independence movement came up with a new flag to rally to, one that they want to see as the flag of a future independent Scotland, which has no religious background and has never been part of another country's flag.
    Put him on ignore mate. Eventually heíll just be talking to himself.

    GIRLS DONT LIKE BOYS GIRLS LIKE SIMON MURRAY

  7. #66
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,049
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put him on ignore mate. Eventually heíll just be talking to himself.
    Why deprive yourself of the entertainment? :-)

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tory tropes, really?

    Whenever have I posted anything vaguely Thatcherite?

    You cant reallly answer any serious question put to you can you?

    Still, a hyperlink or a hashtag suffices in Natland.
    Aye, the Thatcher link was rather harsh on you, so I'll swap her for Blair and brown. Not much difference really. 😊


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye, the Thatcher link was rather harsh on you, so I'll swap her for Blair and brown. Not much difference really. ��
    Thatcher, loathesome as her policies were, changed the narrative in the UK along with Keith Joseph et al.

    Blair and Brown worked within that changed narrative but to suggest there wasn’t much difference is idiotic.

    Brown especially, the deal to let Blair replace Smith, was basically his ploy to have essentially unfettered control over domestic policy.

    That started with a tactical move to stick to Tory spending plans to prevent accusations that Labour was untrustworthy on public finances. After those first few years the spending taps turned on and by gosh, the money was flowing. If you worked in the public sector around 2000 onwards, there was funding to support all manners of progressive social policy.

    Not strictly all down to Brown, others were involved too, but there was a massive amount of what was essentially social engineering. Child tax credits, pension credits, SureStart, the minimum wage etc etc. All stuff to try and reconfigure the economy and workforce by putting more money into the pockets of the poorer, vulnerable and marginalised. The trick was to make it happen without it seeming a threat to the markets.

    Making out that wasn’t different from Thatcherism is laughable but betrays that you don’t really have any grasp of social policy. Sorry, it’s harsh but it’s true.
    Last edited by Mibbes Aye; 14-09-2018 at 07:26 PM.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  10. #69
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,033
    I'm confused... were saltires banned or not?

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused... were saltires banned or not?
    My money is no, it’s a load of pish.

    i get that flagpoles might be banned and I get that some flagpoles attached to Union flags may have got in, but that’s different from saltires being banned and I think the BBC said so.

    Still, the flames of grievance will die out if not continually stoked........
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  12. #71
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused... were saltires banned or not?
    Fake news!

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused... were saltires banned or not?
    People I've spoken with were told they were not allowed in, they then spoke with the supervisor who confirmed it.

    Unionists all over this thread trying to say it was grievance stoking, is rather sad.

    Some salatires made it in though. 🎶➰


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatcher, loathesome as her policies were, changed the narrative in the UK along with Keith Joseph et al.

    Blair and Brown worked within that changed narrative but to suggest there wasnít much difference is idiotic.

    Brown especially, the deal to let Blair replace Smith, was basically his ploy to have essentially unfettered control over domestic policy.

    That started with a tactical move to stick to Tory spending plans to prevent accusations that Labour was untrustworthy on public finances. After those first few years the spending taps turned on and by gosh, the money was flowing. If you worked in the public sector around 2000 onwards, there was funding to support all manners of progressive social policy.

    Not strictly all down to Brown, others were involved too, but there was a massive amount of what was essentially social engineering. Child tax credits, pension credits, SureStart, the minimum wage etc etc. All stuff to try and reconfigure the economy and workforce by putting more money into the pockets of the poorer, vulnerable and marginalised. The trick was to make it happen without it seeming a threat to the markets.

    Making out that wasnít different from Thatcherism is laughable but betrays that you donít really have any grasp of social policy. Sorry, itís harsh but itís true.
    And when introducing some laudable policies, they also introduced Atos.

    Living wage, peanuts, which should have been a real living wage.

    Sold the gold at its lowest ebb.

    Soft touch regulation on the banking authorities which allowed them to ride roughshod over people, and businesses.

    Then of course, Gordon got caught slagging off a member of the public, all of course after both he and Blair, sexed up a dossier to take us into an illegal war.

    If that's your socialism, (champagne style) you can ram it.

  15. #74
    Grown up politics in a progressive, forward thinking and modern Scotland eh?

  16. #75
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People I've spoken with were told they were not allowed in, they then spoke with the supervisor who confirmed it.

    Unionists all over this thread trying to say it was grievance stoking, is rather sad.

    Some salatires made it in though. 🎶➰
    So you really do believe that the BBC and the security guards all came together and agreed to ban the saltire, while at the same time agreeing Union Jack's are fine? You believe someone at the BBC agreed on this course of action, briefed the security team who then carried out these specific instructions where possible?

  17. #76
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grown up politics in a progrrssive, forward thinking and modern Scotland eh?
    Indeed, I know I have been guilty of stoking the flames, but only to show how ridiculous this is.

    Forget about Growth Commissions (how is that going by the way) and things like what currency we will have and who will be our central bank, no let's focus on fake news that saltires were banned from a BBC event.

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grown up politics in a progressive, forward thinking and modern Scotland eh?
    People should be able to carry/ wave their national flag in their own country shouldn't they?


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you really do believe that the BBC and the security guards all came together and agreed to ban the saltire, while at the same time agreeing Union Jack's are fine? You believe someone at the BBC agreed on this course of action, briefed the security team who then carried out these specific instructions where possible?
    I wasn't there, but I believe the information given to me by someone who was. You on the other hand believe the bbc. Your choice.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  20. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People should be able to carry/ wave their national flag in their own country shouldn't they?
    Yes.

    That point was somewhat lost in all the 'red Tory' and 'SNPbaaad' jibes that are an inevitable part of any discussion that has even the flimsiest link to political content in Scotland now.

    It's pitiful and painful stuff and trivialises a hugely important topic. The worst part is that it's obvious some people, on here and elsewhere, are intelligent enough to have an adult conversation about things but get dragged down to the point scoring gutter.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

    That point was somewhat lost in all the 'red Tory' and 'SNPbaaad' jibes that are an inevitable part of any discussion that has even the flimsiest link to political content in Scotland now.

    It's pitiful and painful stuff and trivialises a hugely important topic. The worst part is that it's obvious some people, on here and elsewhere, are intelligent enough to have an adult conversation about things but get dragged down to the point scoring gutter.
    Nice to hear it's ok to fly our flag in public. 👍 some on here hate the thought of it, and mock others who do.

    Theirs even some asking how people are spending their own money, as if it's any of their business.

    Sometimes when you're dragged to the gutter, it's better to kick out and fight for what you believe in, rather than sit silent and be cowed.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  22. #81
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't there, but I believe the information given to me by someone who was. You on the other hand believe the bbc. Your choice.
    I believe there is an extremely high probability that there was never any instructions to ban saltires while at the same time allowing Union Jacks into the event. I also believe that for this to be done in a deliberate manner in some kind of covert way by the BBC and all the stewards and security guards without anyone reporting this is also highly unlikely.

    But yes there is a small chance they were all in on it and all the BBC staff, Stewards and Security staff were all in on it and happy to comply.

    They are all against you. Wonder if MI5 were involved?

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,936
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe there is an extremely high probability that there was never any instructions to ban saltires while at the same time allowing Union Jacks into the event. I also believe that for this to be done in a deliberate manner in some kind of covert way by the BBC and all the stewards and security guards without anyone reporting this is also highly unlikely.

    But yes there is a small chance they were all in on it and all the BBC staff, Stewards and Security staff were all in on it and happy to comply.

    They are all against you. Wonder if MI5 were involved?
    Partronising much.

    You continue to believe all you read in the papers, and I'll believe the evidence given to me by someone who was actually there.

    Have a nice day, I'm off to see the Hibs.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,861
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't there, but I believe the information given to me by someone who was. You on the other hand believe the bbc. Your choice.
    Or indeed you could just judge for yourself if saltires were banned or not:


  25. #84
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Or indeed you could just judge for yourself if saltires were banned or not:

    Ok, so that photo would suggest not.

  26. #85
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    56
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok, so that photo would suggest not.
    The photo presented doesnít confirm that certain flags were banned per se, it only shows that certain flags were present.

  27. #86
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The photo presented doesnít confirm that certain flags were banned per se, it only shows that certain flags were present.
    True. But those confirmed as present were those supposedly banned!

  28. #87
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    56
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But those confirmed as present were those supposedly banned!
    Yes. Youíre banned from taking alcohol into Easter Road, but lots of people manage to do it.

  29. #88
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,951

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Youíre banned from taking alcohol into Easter Road, but lots of people manage to do it.
    They donít sell alcohol inside Easter Road. They were selling the Ďbannedí Saltires inside the venue as confirmed by Sandra White herself in response to a tweet. Itís all been a rather odd affair. A mountain out of a molehill perhaps?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  30. #89
    First Team Breakthrough Curried's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Port Misery
    Age
    56
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They donít sell alcohol inside Easter Road. They were selling the Ďbannedí Saltires inside the venue as confirmed by Sandra White herself in response to a tweet. Itís all been a rather odd affair. A mountain out of a molehill perhaps?
    You might want to check that with hospitality!

  31. #90
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Curried View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might want to check that with hospitality!
    Lowlifes like me never get near hospitality.
    Iím not so sure they get to drink inside the actual stadium now unless they are serving them booze in the posh seats now .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved