And Arthur Duncan.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Scott Allan

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Johnny Graham

Johnny Graham Johnny Graham Johnny Graham King of Scotland

Johnny Graham ( repeat )
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-09-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spot on!

That was exactly the debate I was trying to stimulate.

I felt even against Aberdeen Olly Shaw - who I think is a tremendous young prospect and finisher- seemed to be a bit light weight and got shoved around easily by the Aberdeen centre halves but at the end of the day you would accept 1-1 all day long against Aberdeen but a win would have been even better.

Lewis Allan by all accounts played really well and seemed to cope with the physicality posed by the Livvy centre halves but with Flo being injured our shortage of experienced back options was horribly exposed.

It was the fact that Brian Graham scored four goals at the weekend and seems to have all the attributes we are looking for and being an ex Hibby I just thought I would put it out there.

The feedback received however seems to be a resounding no from the fans and all we can do is wish him all the best for the future and the rest of his career.
    Lewis Allan done more in 45 minutes in terms of all round play than I ever seen from Brian Graham. Absolute stinker of a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Lewis Allan done more in 45 minutes in terms of all round play than I ever seen from Brian Graham. Absolute stinker of a striker.
    Lewis Allan has done really well to come back from serious injury against all odds and by all accounts performed well against Livvy has a good goal scoring record with the Development Squad has the physicality and hopefully he can benefit from the experience of his debut and can kick on and be a valuable addition to our first team squad.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Not good enough for Hibs but we could certainly do with an ‘upgraded’ Brian Graham in this squad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not good enough for Hibs but we could certainly do with an ‘upgraded’ Brian Graham in this squad imo.
    Finding such a nugget by January is the hard part.

Such a player may already be at the club as Olly Shaw and Lewis Allan have time on their side have plenty of room for improvement and with proper coaching and further physical development can only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    I get you dont rate Graham but that is silly, Graham has estblished himself in a few teams and scored goals - Lewis has a fair way to go yet.

The Cheltenham Town fans at my work seemed quite sad to see him go, although 6 goals in 31 games isn't exactly prolific.

His biggest problem was that he wasn't very exotic. If he'd been called Enrique Rodriguez rather than Brian Graham then he'd have been a cult hero.

I can't really remember him letting us down. Scored a really good header, plus another odd goal here or there and knocked his pan in every time he took to the field.

TBH I really quite liked him, and he doesn't figure anywhere near my list of worst Hibs strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    His biggest problem was that he wasn't very exotic. If he'd been called Enrique Rodriguez rather than Brian Graham then he'd have been a cult hero.

I can't really remember him letting us down. Scored a really good header, plus another odd goal here or there and knocked his pan in every time he took to the field.

TBH I really quite liked him, and he doesn't figure anywhere near my list of worst Hibs strikers.
    Paco Luna I suppose could be discribed as exotic a hero to some best remembered for his two excellent goals and his last minute miss against AEK Athens and he scored 8 from 43 ?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Are we saying then that Roberto Di Matteo would never have made it if he'd have been known as Bob Matthews?

Jim Blair

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Paco Luna I suppose could be discribed as exotic a hero to some best remembered for his two excellent goals and his last minute miss against AEK Athens and he scored 8 from 43 ?
    Paco Luna offered more than goals though. He was vastly more technically gifted than Graham and is possibly one of the best headers of the ball that I've seen in terms of Hibs strikers in my time watching the club despite not being all that tall.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Paco Luna offered more than goals though. He was vastly more technically gifted than Graham and is possibly one of the best headers of the ball that I've seen in terms of Hibs strikers in my time watching the club despite not being all that tall.
    Agree excellent in the air for such a small guy spring heeled and had that super star top player swagger about him totally confident in his own ability.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I get you dont rate Graham but that is silly, Graham has estblished himself in a few teams and scored goals - Lewis has a fair way to go yet.
    My point was that Graham was supposed to be a bit of a target man type for us to give old turbo tits a rest on occasion and every single time he started I forgot he was on the pitch.

Very poor mans Colin Nish, without the goals and first touch.

To be fair scored two good goals today

Motherwell 1 v 2 Ross Co

@hibs.net private member
    Scored four today.

OK it was against Raith who I must admit are gash!

Always thought he looked decent .

The type of hold up player with physicality and can score goals good in the air that we are crying out for.

Did he get a fair kick of the ball at HIBS ?

Were we correct to move him on or were we making space for someone else ( Big Dave maybe) ?

Did we get a fee for him?

Thoughts?
    I thought he was a decent squad player as you say - and his goals to minutes ratio while at Hibs 100% backs this up.

He was however down the pecking order behind Cummings, Holt and Keatings - so it was an understandable decision to let him go an seek first team football elsewhere.

His place in the squad was taken by "Big Dave" who was not a good replacement - a far inferior player from what I could see.

A very stylish, composed striker who was a good option back in the day.

Wouldn't get a look in nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    A very stylish, composed striker who was a good option back in the day.

Wouldn't get a look in nowadays.
    Fwoaf ! Couldn’t disagree more.

I thought he was a big lump who had the heart of a chicken, technique of a hearts player and the pace of a pensioner!

Delighted when he left

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Fwoaf ! Couldn’t disagree more.

I thought he was a big lump who had the heart of a chicken, technique of a hearts player and the pace of a pensioner!

Delighted when he left
    Next level description.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Personally thought he was a waste of a jersey. Not good enough.
    Kinda agree with this tbh.

I thought he played well today took his goal well and could easily have added a second with a simple header that looked an easier chance than his goal

Graham’s not that good. Would never have got near a Jersey in a Lennon squad. Would be an absolute stand out in this team of Hecks. Enough said.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I thought he played well today took his goal well and could easily have added a second with a simple header that looked an easier chance than his goal
    Scored a decent first because there was no pressure on him. The sitter 45 seconds later was the srtiker we had when he was here. No effort to glance the ball. Straight out for a bye from a decent cross.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    Scored a decent first because there was no pressure on him. The sitter 45 seconds later was the srtiker we had when he was here. No effort to glance the ball. Straight out for a bye from a decent cross.
    Skipped passed Naismith as if he wisnae there perfect finish for the first was under pressure for the header but should have scored by putting direction on the header as others have said would be a starter for us just now as we are a shambles

He’s rank rotten. Couldn’t hold down a place at Cheltenham or County. Plenty people on this board could have scored that yesterday given the space and time.