Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
My brother and his mates had a bad experience with Easyjet a couple of months ago on a flight back to Gatwick from Croatia.

The flight was almost 3 hours late in taking off due to a fault with the aircraft, the passengers were sitting in the plane on the tarmac for all that time, with hardly any access to water in temperatures in excess of 30 degrees.

Due to the delay, they were then too late to board their flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh, which was also with Easyjet, even although that flight was also late in taking off and they were at the departure gate in time for the delayed take off time but were still prevented from boarding.

They were told that the next flight to Edinburgh was the following afternoon and that they would need to pay £100 each to board that flight. Meanwhile, another member of their party who was originally meant to be getting a flight to Aberdeen was given a complimentary flight to Inverness (I know it's hardly next door to Aberdeen but they still paid for the flight). Meanwhile the Edinburgh crowd were told they had to pay. In the end, they all chipped in for a hire car at Gatwick airport and shared the driving back home.

I'll personally never fly with Easyjet after that again, if I can help it.
I hope they're claiming under the same scheme that I went through. They're eligible to a reasonable whack of compensation if it was a 3 hour delay within Europe.