hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My brother and his mates had a bad experience with Easyjet a couple of months ago on a flight back to Gatwick from Croatia.

The flight was almost 3 hours late in taking off due to a fault with the aircraft, the passengers were sitting in the plane on the tarmac for all that time, with hardly any access to water in temperatures in excess of 30 degrees.

Due to the delay, they were then too late to board their flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh, which was also with Easyjet, even although that flight was also late in taking off and they were at the departure gate in time for the delayed take off time but were still prevented from boarding.

They were told that the next flight to Edinburgh was the following afternoon and that they would need to pay £100 each to board that flight. Meanwhile, another member of their party who was originally meant to be getting a flight to Aberdeen was given a complimentary flight to Inverness (I know it's hardly next door to Aberdeen but they still paid for the flight). Meanwhile the Edinburgh crowd were told they had to pay. In the end, they all chipped in for a hire car at Gatwick airport and shared the driving back home.

I'll personally never fly with Easyjet after that again, if I can help it.
    I hope they're claiming under the same scheme that I went through. They're eligible to a reasonable whack of compensation if it was a 3 hour delay within Europe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope they're claiming under the same scheme that I went through. They're eligible to a reasonable whack of compensation if it was a 3 hour delay within Europe.

Think he said almost 3 hours.

The exact same thing happened to us with Ryanair except we had NO access to water. My daughter took no well and ended up taking a full blown panic attack. Luckily there was a therapist on board who gave her a massage and talked to her but the staff were horrible and will never fly Ryanair again. As it was 20 mins under the 3 hours, we were entitled to nothing.

Will never use Ryanair again.

Delayed my flight home from Porto by 4 or 5 hours before cancelling it around 1am. Was told I'd be waiting around a week to get another flight home. They told everyone they couldn't put people up in hotels, before later agreeing to this after an hour or so. I just stayed in the airport overnight, flew to Madrid, then home from there two days later. Luckily I had a bit spare cash and found an alternative route home for only a couple hundred extra.

When I complained, Ryanair replied claiming theyd cancelled the flight in advance so it wasn't there fault. That complete lie put me off them more than the actual experience in the airport