Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Fed up hearing this BS that there is nowhere to play. Tell you what, its a decent night, take a trip to your local park, Leith links, Lochend park, Meadows whatever. Tell me how many kids are out playing football. They are all deserted, **** all to do with lack of facilities.
Yip, plenty pitches available. It’s good people that’s needed and better coaches. There are way less clubs now than when I was a kid. There are loads of reasons for that concerning bureaucracy and child protection and that is where the money needs spent to help people who want to run clubs.
I coach at Spartans and it’s the easiest place in Scotland to coach. Everything is done for us and we have amazing facilities. CPD courses are booked for us and our PVG paperwork is all handled by the office staff. We just show up and coach. That is nothing like the experience of most youth coaches out there. They mostly have to do all that themselves, build goals and get nets up, bring all their cones, footballs in their cars etc. And on top of all that they are filling in paperwork themselves when they get home.
What needs to happen though is for that kind of support made available to every club. And that costs money.
Every team playing in the top division in each region should have a coach with his UEFA B license provided to them. But again, that costs money.
I’m just a volunteer coach who has a kid in the team. Already every kid in the team is a better player than I was at that age and I don’t have the time to study for the coaching badges that would really make a difference. They need high quality coaches if they are to continue improving. And I’m certain that is the same for most clubs.
Wasting money doing up Hampden when we have so much else we could spend money on is madness. I’m certain that is the way the SFA will go though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk