https://www.foundationofhearts.org/a...ewards-scheme/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aw, you mean like, 'loyalty points'...

I've just joined HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aw, you mean like, 'loyalty points'...
    Exactly but without the ticket access.
    Have a read at that though. There is nothing of any value given away as a reward at any of the levels. A framed photo seems to be it.
    But the yam I chat with in the pub can’t wait till he gets the full set. He’s told me exactly where they are going to be hung in his house, the lot.
    When they get to a certain level they get invited into Tynecastle on a lunchtime where a buffet is put on and there is a pay bar and Gary Locke is there to present with their latest reward.
    By the time my mate gets the last one he will have contributed the best part of £2k.
    Does he care that the framed photos could prob be bought for £50 for the lot? Does he heck.
    Have we got fans like that? Have we got fans that would like to be invited into the hospitality at Easter road to be presented with their framed 1991 League cup limited edition framed photo by Keith Wright? Absolutely we have, loads of them.
    Rewards like that cost nothing but mean a lot to football fans.

We don’t need to offer discounts on tickets or for the shop etc like Aberdeen.
    Football fans just like feeling like they belong. Give them that and they will gladly give money for the privilege.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 03-09-2018 at 04:44 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    HSL need to copy this. It works.

https://www.foundationofhearts.org/a...ewards-scheme/

Your right, hate to say it but really professional presentation. As you say just copy it.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I worry that there's too much talk again about HSL, what it means, where the money goes. Badly marketed from the start, (fairly) high profile opposition, crap communications and a fair bit of fudging when it came to re-engaging on the back of this European campaign.
    Scottish Cup win, great campaign last year, big crowds same old stuff from HSL who seem happy to spraff about the ****ing Hearts model.. Seriously. What is the percentage of season holders against contributors? In other words, 13,000 vs what?
    Can debate it to death on here with anonymous usernames and you'll never know who you're conversing with as this site represents a fraction of the demographic. I go to games with 4 other non .net users and 3 of them are non-HSL.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    You must be the best-kept secret in Scottish football, and I speak as an HSL contributor.

When are you ever on Sportsound for example, or out and about amongst the fans on matchday?

What budget are you afforded by the club to push the scheme?

Genuine questions btw, not looking to have a dig or undermine you in any way.
    Scotty

We appreciate that you are not intending to have a dig and we will of course continue to make efforts to raise our profile. Here a couple of things we have tried in the past :

- We wrote to everyone on the Club database ( 30,000 + ) making them aware of HSL and what we were trying to achieve

- as recently as May we were on Sky Sports live and throughout the day promoting the HSL message

- we have had pop up stands in all sections of the ground at various points but general feedback suggested that fans simply did not want to engage on match day

- we have had numerous articles in the Edinburgh Evening News who have been very generous towards us

- we have distributed 20000 leaflets on match days ( twice )

- we have done presentations to a number of supporter Branches at the Hibs Club

- the Club have promoted us numerous times on their web site

We have presented to a room of 60 Hibs fans and had a Q & A session afterwards to ensure that everything is understood and walked out with one Member Application Form

As we have said on other occasions it would seem that supporters know we are there but we believe that the biggest hurdle is apathy, the feeling that there isn't really any need to do anything.

Having said all of that, our Membership continues to grow and we really do believe that the tide is turning and more and more supporters see HSL for what it is - a simple way to financially assist our Club, in the same way that FOH are assisting their Club.

We will be on all evening and are happy to debate any issues raised.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Under 2000 subscribers when he have 13k plus ST holders tells its own story.

It’s not that people are not aware of HSL or don’t know how to sign up.

The simple fact is that the vast majority of us, for whatever reasons, don’t want to.

I know this annoys some of you but you have to accept that those of you who are so passionate about HSL and fan ownership are absolutely in the minority compared to the rest of the fan base.

Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. I have no idea how you hope to somehow entice another 6000 or so folk to join.
    While the Chief

Couldn't agree more.

The only point we would want to add is to remind everyone that HSL isn't some abstract third party ( we know you weren't suggesting this ), it is us, the ordinary supporters. We can assure you that your current Directors are not rampant fanatics demanding 100% fan ownership. The Board decided that the wanted supporters to own part of the Club and we agreed that this made sense and would help in the long run. Our primary target is to achieve a meaningful stake of 25.1 %. After that it is for supporters to decide. If there isn't an appetite for more then there won't be any more.
    The great thing about HSL and how things are structured is that it provides a simple, efficient means by which fans can financially assist our Club. The money donated is not going to any existing shareholders it is going to the football dept. We bring to the attention of our supporters what is going on around us and it is then up to them to decide what they want for our Club. We have no desire to coerce, embarrass or indeed "sell". Just help if you can and you want to.

HSL

@hibs.net private member
    One of the biggest issues was the DD stopping after 12 months. I would have kept contributing, but never got round to doing it again. I did send a couple of one-off donations during European offering.

That said, I’ve finally got round to registering again but the website is saying im already registered when im trying to set up a new DD. Can anyone help?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    While the Chief

Couldn't agree more.

The only point we would want to add is to remind everyone that HSL isn't some abstract third party ( we know you weren't suggesting this ), it is us, the ordinary supporters. We can assure you that your current Directors are not rampant fanatics demanding 100% fan ownership. The Board decided that the wanted supporters to own part of the Club and we agreed that this made sense and would help in the long run. Our primary target is to achieve a meaningful stake of 25.1 %. After that it is for supporters to decide. If there isn't an appetite for more then there won't be any more.
    The great thing about HSL and how things are structured is that it provides a simple, efficient means by which fans can financially assist our Club. The money donated is not going to any existing shareholders it is going to the football dept. We bring to the attention of our supporters what is going on around us and it is then up to them to decide what they want for our Club. We have no desire to coerce, embarrass or indeed "sell". Just help if you can and you want to.

HSL

Could the website not get the % bought up, working like a bit of a count? Always feel that gets the debate going, people see it increasing etc. Similar to the ticket dot counts in here.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    One of the biggest issues was the DD stopping after 12 months. I would have kept contributing, but never got round to doing it again. I did send a couple of one-off donations during European offering.

That said, I’ve finally got round to registering again but the website is saying im already registered when im trying to set up a new DD. Can anyone help?
    Please email us at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk and we will be happy to help.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Exactly but without the ticket access.
    Have a read at that though. There is nothing of any value given away as a reward at any of the levels. A framed photo seems to be it.
    But the yam I chat with in the pub can’t wait till he gets the full set. He’s told me exactly where they are going to be hung in his house, the lot.
    When they get to a certain level they get invited into Tynecastle on a lunchtime where a buffet is put on and there is a pay bar and Gary Locke is there to present with their latest reward.
    By the time my mate gets the last one he will have contributed the best part of £2k.
    Does he care that the framed photos could prob be bought for £50 for the lot? Does he heck.
    Have we got fans like that? Have we got fans that would like to be invited into the hospitality at Easter road to be presented with their framed 1991 League cup limited edition framed photo by Keith Wright? Absolutely we have, loads of them.
    Rewards like that cost nothing but mean a lot to football fans.

We don’t need to offer discounts on tickets or for the shop etc like Aberdeen.
    Football fans just like feeling like they belong. Give them that and they will gladly give money for the privilege.

Ozy

We agree completely and intend to progress these things. Circumstances in the past have prevented us moving some of these things forward but perhaps that now that HSL have more members there will be an appetite to do some if not all of these things.

HSL

@hibs.net private member

HSL
    Done.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    While the Chief

Couldn't agree more.

HSL
    I genuinely admire what you guys do and agree with what you say above.

I think it’s important that folk realise you guys are just ordinary fans like the rest of us and do this in your own time.

The concept is simple and as you say it gives people who want to own a part of the club a way to do so. Everyone and their granny should know by now that the funds raised are given to the club and that no one else benefits financially.

I’ve mentioned before about my concerns with fan ownership so won’t repeat myself again.

The latest fashion though appears to be that whenever we have a bad result the cry will be that we need the fans to donate more money.

I strongly disagree with this and when I see folk say “donate a tenner, ever little helps” I think it sucks.

It just won’t.

Whether Hibs have my £10 a month or not makes not one iota of a difference to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As it says on the tin

After months of humming and hawing I've finally taken the plunge at £10 per month. Funnily enough the main catalyst for my decision has been Hertz successful start to the season. After 5 years where they have barely made a penny from domestic cup runs or Europe and where they have committed over 10 million quid to ground redevelopment they are still competitive and IMO there is no doubt that FOH are the main, in fact the only, reason for that.

Its not being over dramatic to surmise that if and when that new stand is paid for and the FOH donations continue to roll in we are going to find ourselves at a considerable disadvantage to them financially … HSL currently has 1,700 members … FOH has 8,000 members …. If they are contributing an average of £10 each that's a difference of £750,000 every year, which in Scottish football terms is a substantial amount of money.

Like every football fan I live in hope that some disgustingly rich white knight is going to ride over the horizon and turn Hibs into Scotland's Man City …. but the truth is that's a million to one shot at best and until it happens its going to be up to the folk who love this club to ante up and keep us in the race.

I know we all contribute a lot already through season tickets and the like, but the truth is so do the Hearts fans, so the difference is going to be how much more we are willing to do over and above that … as things stand we are lagging miles behind and unless we recognise that fact now in a few years time we will have to face up to the reality of what that means …. the current mini meltdown over a mediocre start to the season has been compounded by their good start to it ……. how much worse will that be if they continue to challenge and we don't?

If that's not enough to convince folk then just think of the smug feeling joining HSL will give you, knowing you are far far better than most of our fans. Don't worry if you have to cut the kids food budget to make the payments either, you will be contributing to the fight against Scotland's rampant obesity crisis …. its a win, win.

GGTTH

Nae Nookie

Once again thank you for launching this thread. In that last few hours alone we have had 10 new supporters join HSL.

It takes about one minute to join and while you may not feel £10 pm adds up to much as others have shown when many thousands pay the same amount it adds millions to our Managers budget.

Thank you

HSL

Ozy

We agree completely and intend to progress these things. Circumstances in the past have prevented us moving some of these things forward but perhaps that now that HSL have more members there will be an appetite to do some if not all of these things.

HSL
    Even encouraging existing members to pay just an extra £1 a month if they can. Yes try and get many new members as we can but see what existing members could maybe add too.

If 20% do it, it would be around an extra £300+ a month

I genuinely admire what you guys do and agree with what you say above.

I think it’s important that folk realise you guys are just ordinary fans like the rest of us and do this in your own time.

The concept is simple and as you say it gives people who want to own a part of the club a way to do so. Everyone and their granny should know by now that the funds raised are given to the club and that no one else benefits financially.

I’ve mentioned before about my concerns with fan ownership so won’t repeat myself again.

The latest fashion though appears to be that whenever we have a bad result the cry will be that we need the fans to donate more money.

I strongly disagree with this and when I see folk say “donate a tenner, ever little helps” I think it sucks.

It just won’t.

Whether Hibs have my £10 a month or not makes not one iota of a difference to anything.
    If everyone took the attitude that their tenner won't make a difference, then there would be no money going into Hibs.

If a thousand people took the attitude that their tenner can help make a difference, then that would be £120k extra per year in cash for the club. And as that money has not been budgeted for, it goes straight into the playing budget.

Scale that up - if four thousand people did that we'd have an extra £480k per year, and that's assuming everyone is paying a tenner a month. Some will pay more.

Of course, if all four thousand took the view that their tenner wouldn't make a difference, then our club would have £480k less each year.

That is the iota of difference that we can make together.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    If everyone took the attitude that their tenner won't make a difference, then there would be no money going into Hibs.

If a thousand people took the attitude that their tenner can help make a difference, then that would be £120k extra per year in cash for the club. And as that money has not been budgeted for, it goes straight into the playing budget.

Scale that up - if four thousand people did that we'd have an extra £480k per year, and that's assuming everyone is paying a tenner a month. Some will pay more.

Of course, if all four thousand took the view that their tenner wouldn't make a difference, then our club would have £480k less each year.

And £480k is enough for three players at the top of our wage structure.

^ That kinda goes without saying though!

The point being that around 11000 fans do share that attitude apparently.

There can’t be a Hibs fan alive that isn’t aware of HSL. We’ve had numerous discussions on here with people suggesting ways to increase take up etc over the last few years.

We won the Cup and with all the euphoria that brought and increased attendances etc yet hardly any new members have signed up. Why do you think that is?

Dream up as many incentives or initiatives that you like but I’ll bet that the demand just won’t be there and there will never be 4000 subscribers.

You’d be as well hoping for an Arab billionaire buying us. Probably more chance of that happening!

There can’t be a Hibs fan alive that isn’t aware of HSL. We’ve had numerous discussions on here with people suggesting ways to increase take up etc over the last few years.

We won the Cup and with all the euphoria that brought and increased attendances etc yet hardly any new members have signed up. Why do you think that is?

Dream up as many incentives or initiatives that you like but I’ll bet that the demand just won’t be there and there will never be 4000 subscribers.

You’d be as well hoping for an Arab billionaire buying us. Probably more chance of that happening!
    HSL has about half that number at present, so 4000 shouldn't be impossible.

Worth noting that our two comparable rivals Hearts and Aberdeen have been able to persuade thousands of their fans to sign up to pay cash each month.

I don't have the answer why they can do it but we can't. I do know that I can do my bit to help and hope that others will realise that they can also do their bit which, when added together, will make a difference.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar

Not sure I agree with that WTC, if I didn't read this message board I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have a clue about what HSL was about, and I'd guess the vast majority of Hibs fans never read Hibs.net. Who knows how many subscribers HSL would have with a sustained recruitment campaign behind it, we really don't know do we we are just casting our opinions. It doesnt sound like HSL are particularly interested in pushing things on that front from what has been said on this thread so its immaterial anyway.
    Last edited by Lancs Harp; 03-09-2018 at 08:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

If we didn't have a clown like Neil Doncaster in charge of the SPFL we would have a tv deal worth 2-3 x the current package (just look at what other similarly sized nations get). That would be potentially worth £1.5-£4m more for a hibs team finishing top 4. We have a great product, best supported top league per capita in Europe and we sell ourself short by having a balloon like Doncaster in charge. The potential money from a decent (fair) tv deal is way more than the money you suggested from HSL.

I'm not meaning that as a dig at HSL, I think it's great there is a group that want to do something to help Hibs grow and improve. I just wish we had competent people running our game in Scotland as increased TV money would be a massive boost to the (already good imo) product.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As it says on the tin

After months of humming and hawing I've finally taken the plunge at £10 per month. Funnily enough the main catalyst for my decision has been Hertz successful start to the season. After 5 years where they have barely made a penny from domestic cup runs or Europe and where they have committed over 10 million quid to ground redevelopment they are still competitive and IMO there is no doubt that FOH are the main, in fact the only, reason for that.

Its not being over dramatic to surmise that if and when that new stand is paid for and the FOH donations continue to roll in we are going to find ourselves at a considerable disadvantage to them financially … HSL currently has 1,700 members … FOH has 8,000 members …. If they are contributing an average of £10 each that's a difference of £750,000 every year, which in Scottish football terms is a substantial amount of money.

Like every football fan I live in hope that some disgustingly rich white knight is going to ride over the horizon and turn Hibs into Scotland's Man City …. but the truth is that's a million to one shot at best and until it happens its going to be up to the folk who love this club to ante up and keep us in the race.

I know we all contribute a lot already through season tickets and the like, but the truth is so do the Hearts fans, so the difference is going to be how much more we are willing to do over and above that … as things stand we are lagging miles behind and unless we recognise that fact now in a few years time we will have to face up to the reality of what that means …. the current mini meltdown over a mediocre start to the season has been compounded by their good start to it ……. how much worse will that be if they continue to challenge and we don't?

If that's not enough to convince folk then just think of the smug feeling joining HSL will give you, knowing you are far far better than most of our fans. Don't worry if you have to cut the kids food budget to make the payments either, you will be contributing to the fight against Scotland's rampant obesity crisis …. its a win, win.

GGTTH

Great post! This is the exact reason I started my DD in the summer. I have it coming off on pay day and never notice it. Great way to add a little extra. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    If we didn't have a clown like Neil Doncaster in charge of the SPFL we would have a tv deal worth 2-3 x the current package (just look at what other similarly sized nations get). That would be potentially worth £1.5-£4m more for a hibs team finishing top 4. We have a great product, best supported top league per capita in Europe and we sell ourself short by having a balloon like Doncaster in charge. The potential money from a decent (fair) tv deal is way more than the money you suggested from HSL.

I'm not meaning that as a dig at HSL, I think it's great there is a group that want to do something to help Hibs grow and improve. I just wish we had competent people running our game in Scotland as increased TV money would be a massive boost to the (already good imo) product.
    Imagine what could happen if we could combine that improved TV deal with a much larger HSL membership?

However only the increased HSL membership is in our own hands.

Between the internet, the Evening News and fans talking its nigh on impossible not to have heard of HSL by now if you’re a Hibs fan.

Let me ask you this, do you know of anyone that isn’t aware?

Now let’s open it up to the board in general, does anyone on here that’s read this thread know of a Hibs fan that hasn’t heard of HSL?!!!

If your answer is yes then you’ve clearly not been doing your job! Get talking about it!

These things need to have an initial impact. Start with a bang and get folk clamouring to join. That ship has well and truly sailed I’m afraid.

The best they can hope for now is a handful of new subscribers a season unless, god forbid, we lurch into financial disaster, or face Armageddon!

Between the internet, the Evening News and fans talking its nigh on impossible not to have heard of HSL by now if you’re a Hibs fan.

Let me ask you this, do you know of anyone that isn’t aware?

Now let’s open it up to the board in general, does anyone on here that’s read this thread know of a Hibs fan that hasn’t heard of HSL?!!!

If your answer is yes then you’ve clearly not been doing your job! Get talking about it!

These things need to have an initial impact. Start with a bang and get folk clamouring to join. That ship has well and truly sailed I’m afraid.

The best they can hope for now is a handful of new subscribers a season unless, god forbid, we lurch into financial disaster, or face Armageddon!
    Your right.. let’s do nothing and watch Hearts and Aberdeen pull further and further away from us.. you then may have your scenario where we are on our knees because fans start drifting away again.. now is the time to push this hard ..

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Imagine what could happen if we could combine that improved TV deal with a much larger HSL membership?

However only the increased HSL membership is in our own hands.
    Your right, we can have frustrations about the guys running the game but have no control and can only work with what we can control.

@hibs.net private member

HSL
    Thanks for your help. Now contributing what I can afford again.

Hopefully this thread encourages others to do the same.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Has HSL thought about a flyer/application form to get sent out with the ST renewal letters? Then that way every current ST holder would have no reason to not know about it. (Ok, I know the renewal letters and about 6 months away, but just a thought)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Mutley

This is where the FOH had an advantage, there was only one proposition put to fans which involved a small, my long term commitment to the cause which of course is proving to be the most attractive to all involved.

It's not too late for us, all we need is fans like you, if you can afford it, to join HSL for a small amount that you feel you wont miss.

We would love to have you on board.

HSL
    OK, you've finally got me!! Ive just signed up

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    OK, you've finally got me!! Ive just signed up
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!