hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To further highlight just how far ahead HMFC are ahead of HFC when it comes to financing their club, HMFC benefactors have pumped at least £8m of cash in to “Project Hearts” (since Admin) in addition to the £7m pumped in by the 8000 or whatever fans at FoH. This £8m includes Budge donations, Anonymous donations etc. They’ve also taken out bank loans of £2m to help finance the project and they also have some anonymous guys paying for the sponsorship deal with Save the Children.

This lot totals anywhere between £16-18m. That’s at least £16m in addition to the normal football club income such as season tickets, walk up tickets, club shop, pies etc. £SIXTEEN MILLION POUNDS! Put that in a glass with ice, swirl it around and have a sniff.

When HMFC don’t have a new main stand to pay for, they are going to be the third best financed club in Scotland. Absolutely miles ahead of us.
    Frightening.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Just joined! We can’t afford to be left behind Hearts. Fair play to them their supporters have put their money where their mouths are maybe they got a big fright after administration it is a road we don’t want to go down. We need to increase awareness and subscriptions to HSL and who knows with enough subscribers Scott Allan might now be a HIBS player?

Time to push this hard or it could be more years of trailing them .. not a pleasant thought..

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Under 2000 subscribers when he have 13k plus ST holders tells its own story.

It’s not that people are not aware of HSL or don’t know how to sign up.

The simple fact is that the vast majority of us, for whatever reasons, don’t want to.

I know this annoys some of you but you have to accept that those of you who are so passionate about HSL and fan ownership are absolutely in the minority compared to the rest of the fan base.

Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. I have no idea how you hope to somehow entice another 6000 or so folk to join.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Under 2000 subscribers when he have 13k plus ST holders tells its own story.

It’s not that people are not aware of HSL or don’t know how to sign up.

The simple fact is that the vast majority of us, for whatever reasons, don’t want to.

I know this annoys some of you but you have to accept that those of you who are so passionate about HSL and fan ownership are absolutely in the minority compared to the rest of the fan base.

Sorry, but that’s just the way it is. I have no idea how you hope to somehow entice another 6000 or so folk to join.
    Just because it's like that now didn't mean it'll always be like that.

We need more people to sign up, unless we're content to fall behind our rivals.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Nothing like a knee jerk reaction.

If we trail Hearts at the end of the season, and they keep up their form, there may be something in all this. I'll wait and see.

I much prefer clubs to make their money trading players, and getting punters through the gate. It focuses the "football department"'s brain better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post

If we trail Hearts at the end of the season, and they keep up their form, there may be something in all this. I'll wait and see.

I much prefer clubs to make their money trading players, and getting punters through the gate. It focuses the "football department"'s brain better.
    Was thinking the same. I cant beleive some of the overreaction. I guess its normal after a poor defeat and performance. Its been that long I'd forgotten what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    We need more people to sign up, unless we're content to fall behind our rivals.
    If we are relying on HSL donations to keep up with Hearts then our business model is all wrong.

If what you say is true then, yup, we will fall behind and just have to deal with it.

First Team Breakthrough
    People are just not understanding this it is about creating working capital for the club to invest in the playing staff. I am just so amazed at Hibs supporters who will readily accept the yams being ahead of us

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If we are relying on HSL donations to keep up with Hearts then our business model is all wrong.

If what you say is true then, yup, we will fall behind and just have to deal with it.
    How would the club keep up with Hearts without this help, when hearts are getting around £160k/month from their fans via FoH?

I'd be amazed if a business model exists for us to bring in that amount to keep up.

First Team Breakthrough
    You are perfectly correct Matty I can't understand what is wrong with people they are so Opposed to HSL

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    People are just not understanding this it is about creating working capital for the club to invest in the playing staff. I am just so amazed at Hibs supporters who will readily accept the yams being ahead of us
    I thought the FOH was set up to "save the club" by building up enough money to pay back Ann Budge. Also some of the funds being diverted to help pay for their new stand.

I didn't think they were contributing to the clubs "working capital".
    Last edited by hibbymac; 03-09-2018 at 12:37 PM.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    I thought the FOH was set up to "save the club" by building up enough money to pay back Ann Budge. Also some of the funds being diverted to help pay for their new stand.

I didn't think they were contributing to the clubs "working capital.
    They did in the early (2 or 3?) years.

Then the money was diverted to the new stand.

When that's done, they will revert to Plan A, to repay Dr. B.

And then... they will be contributing to working capital.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Just joined! We can’t afford to be left behind Hearts. Fair play to them their supporters have put their money where their mouths are maybe they got a big fright after administration it is a road we don’t want to go down. We need to increase awareness and subscriptions to HSL and who knows with enough subscribers Scott Allan might now be a HIBS player?
    I have to say that because of the ongoing discussion I had a look at the Aberdeen membership against the HSL offering & here are few thoughts.
    1) finding info on Don's web site so straight forward, easily found on the top banner, click on it & a full menu of costs & awards. Attractive easily understood, it sold itself immediately. I'd join if I supported them.

2) HSL had to navigate Hibernian web site & missed it first time round, then ok found it. All about share ownership, fan ownership of the club, fan appointed Directors, a photo of David Grey signing up & a statement that all funds go to support the team.
    A FAQ section talking about why & where, what would happen should S.Tom Farmer sell,etc etc etc. Sorry but HSL didn't sell itself & that shows in the fact there are 2200 subcribers after being on the go for some time.
    Aberdeen 6000 after just being launched.
    Perhaps HSL is too complicated, not focused not everyone is interested in fan ownership, I have my doubts. Whether you like it or not Budge has promoted, push on & put money into Hearts, I know she expects to get it back.
    Same with Stewart Milne, money actively pushing promoting Dons.
    Sir Tom doesn't like football a benign saviour.
    Anyway just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    How would the club keep up with Hearts without this help, when hearts are getting around £160k/month from their fans via FoH?

I'd be amazed if a business model exists for us to bring in that amount to keep up.
    We can’t, that’s my point.

Unless something happens that threatens our existence then there is zero chance of Hibs fans collectively donating £160k a month.

That’s a huge figure and enormous credit should be given to Hearts fans for continuing to donate.

Mind how everyone here told us that the direct debits would stop once they were out of admin, got promoted, had a few bad results etc?!

That was all wishful thinking.

As another poster said, the way we compete is by being astute in the transfer market and trading players for profit.

Increased commercial activity off the pitch and continued good performances on it and we will do just fine.

A few more folk donating a couple of quid a month won’t do diddly squat.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They did in the early (2 or 3?) years.

Then the money was diverted to the new stand.

When that's done, they will revert to Plan A, to repay Dr. B.

And then... they will be contributing to working capital.
    That's my take on it, the way some are making out, it is as though the money is going straight to the team/playing budget.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post

Don’t take this personally but compacency like this is a huge threat. Times are changing and schemes like HSL and FOH are the way ahead. Did you read the figures quoted by cocteautwin? Is that comfortable reading for you? If not, you can do something about it. Its not hard.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hibby Mac you are missing the point once the budgie has been paid off it will all be going to working capital. When you look at the size of their squad it already looks as though some of the money is being diverted to pay wages.

Hibby Mac you are missing the point once the budgie has been paid off it will all be going to working capital. When you look at the size of their squad it already looks as though some of the money is being diverted to pay wages.
    Don't think I'm missing any point, you stated... "People are just not understanding this it is about creating working capital for the club to invest in the playing staff."

FOH/Hearts are not doing that at the moment, they are paying for a stand and repaying Budge. As CWG said earlier, once that is all paid, then if they are still contributing to FOH, that money would more than likely be put straight into the "working capital" of the club

Don't think I'm missing any point, you stated... "People are just not understanding this it is about creating working capital for the club to invest in the playing staff."

FOH/Hearts are not doing that at the moment, they are paying for a stand and repaying Budge. As CWG said earlier, once that is all paid, then if they are still contributing to FOH, that money would more than likely be put straight into the "working capital" of the club
    They are also being propped up by their mystery benefactors which will no doubt help with their playing budget.

Will a sticky be placed on the forum to encourage/help people to sign up? Seems like the obvious thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    Will a sticky be placed on the forum to encourage/help people to sign up? Seems like the obvious thing to do.

Do people read the stickys? I tend to skip right past them.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Same as you. I’m completely blind to the stickies. My eyes go straight down to the main forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Well there is only 3 of them, 2 are beautiful and one is for fundraising.

But a thread where someone can read what HSL is about (without muddying comments) and a link to the website and explanation on how it all works would be a good thing, especially going by the amount of questions that every HSL thread has on it.

I think it was yourself that said if it wasn't for .net you wouldn't know about HSL, that's exactly why there should be a sticky IMO.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

Do you honestly think that FoH would object to a % of their cash going towards a signing? There are many ways to slice a pie within a budget.

GGTTH
    Last edited by Leithenhibby; 03-09-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As it says on the tin

After months of humming and hawing I've finally taken the plunge at £10 per month. Funnily enough the main catalyst for my decision has been Hertz successful start to the season. After 5 years where they have barely made a penny from domestic cup runs or Europe and where they have committed over 10 million quid to ground redevelopment they are still competitive and IMO there is no doubt that FOH are the main, in fact the only, reason for that.

Its not being over dramatic to surmise that if and when that new stand is paid for and the FOH donations continue to roll in we are going to find ourselves at a considerable disadvantage to them financially … HSL currently has 1,700 members … FOH has 8,000 members …. If they are contributing an average of £10 each that's a difference of £750,000 every year, which in Scottish football terms is a substantial amount of money.

Like every football fan I live in hope that some disgustingly rich white knight is going to ride over the horizon and turn Hibs into Scotland's Man City …. but the truth is that's a million to one shot at best and until it happens its going to be up to the folk who love this club to ante up and keep us in the race.

I know we all contribute a lot already through season tickets and the like, but the truth is so do the Hearts fans, so the difference is going to be how much more we are willing to do over and above that … as things stand we are lagging miles behind and unless we recognise that fact now in a few years time we will have to face up to the reality of what that means …. the current mini meltdown over a mediocre start to the season has been compounded by their good start to it ……. how much worse will that be if they continue to challenge and we don't?

If that's not enough to convince folk then just think of the smug feeling joining HSL will give you, knowing you are far far better than most of our fans. Don't worry if you have to cut the kids food budget to make the payments either, you will be contributing to the fight against Scotland's rampant obesity crisis …. its a win, win.

GGTTH

Well done and welcome to the HSL

Reluctance from supporters to joining HSL

I do think one of the reasons was the break down in trust with boards of the past and ,to some extent the continued,if figurehead, involvement of Rod Petrie in the club.

I am by no means saying that there should be a connection,as an HSL member myself,but ,I do think this is a strong underlying reason,trust when lost can be incredibly hard to recover.

That covers the fans that know about it, but ,there are still a large number of fans who have only have a vague and probably inaccurate view of HSL

I do think HSL might benefit from an allowance from the funds being allowed to used for marketing and promotion, marketing is a little better than in the past but is still pretty poor. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Leithenhibby View Post
    Do you honestly think that FoH would object to a % of their cash going towards a signing? There are many ways to slice a pie within a budget.

GGTTH
    where did I say FOH "would object to a % of their cash going towards a signing"? I am simply stating the reason for FOH and its contributions.

I contribute £18.75 a month, its not much but the more supporters that sign up and even give even the min payment, it all adds up.

I'd like to see the HSL put more into rallying support up. I get what was said in HSL's earlier post on here about not wanting to bombard this forum with posts as it seems like they are constantly rattling the begging bowls which is fair enough but perhaps for example on match days they could set up stalls or something and give the supporters a chance to ask questions etc and hopefully get a few more folk signed up.

Hearts have done well to rally a lot of support behind FoH but I wish we would stop comparing the HSL to them. They HAD to get as many supporters signed up as possible as they were in dire straights and dangerously close to losing their club due to financial disaster. We, thankfully, aren't in such a desperate do or die position, this is simply to create bigger funds for the manager, not to save the club.

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar

where did I say FOH "would object to a % of their cash going towards a signing"? I am simply stating the reason for FOH and its contributions.
    The way I read your post was you stating that they (FoH) were paying for a stand & Ann Budge. As far as I'm concerned, they can divvy it up any way they like as my only concern is what we can do at ER. I may well have misunderstood your point, it's no big deal.