hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Indeed,strange as it may be the Prison/Young Offenders is not actually in Polmont but is in Redding.never understood that.

Gosh ,was glad to be thinking on something else after that shambles of a game.

Oh ****,reality.
    Dreadful area in my opinion. I lived in Falkirk for 6 years and don't miss it one bit......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Good for half an hour then rotten. Didn't help to have players alongside him who didn't fancy it one bit on that pitch today.

@hibs.net private member
    Thought Whittaker was excellent today. Would have had a goal but for a very good save from their goalie.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Funny how his critics are a quiet tonight.

He isn’t a CM, he admits this himself, play him in a more natural position and he will do just fine for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Funny how his critics are a quiet tonight.

He isn’t a CM, he admits this himself, play him in a more natural position and he will do just fine for us.
    Where’s ozy 😉

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Thought Whittaker was excellent today.
    You can’t be saying things like that.

In all seriousness, he was a hell of a lot more comfortable at right back. Played well.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Where’s ozy
    There are more than him that have said he is “done”...if they were there today, they surely couldn’t honestly maintain that view ..deserves a lot of credit. Was an important part of the second half performance ..

if you think steven can replace David in that role you are mad. We played the worst team in the league today. Steven is a good squad player and should only play if we have injuries

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    if you think steven can replace David in that role you are mad. We played the worst team in the league today. Steven is a good squad player and should only play if we have injuries
    Nobody is denying that. But the abuse he has taken recently whilst covering injured players was outrageous

Or I am mad and you are correct as always
    Last edited by Blaster; 22-09-2018 at 08:46 PM.

Nobody said he could replace David. But his performance today showed his value in relation to your second point.

@hibs.net private member
    They may have been the worst team in the league but it does not disguise the fact Whittaker had a very good game today. It is great to have competition in all positions and strength in depth.

@hibs.net private member

Whittaker

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Nobody said he could replace David. But his performance today showed his value in relation to your second point.
    I think some are unhappy he played well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    There are no passengers in this Hibs squad. Its great we can debate who should be playing where, who we would prefer to play where. Every player in this squad has value and something to give, the squad has rarely been this strong and is getting stronger.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I like it best when posters add that bit of gravitas to their thoughts by referring to players by their Christian names. It's so reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I think some are unhappy he played well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree. I don’t think he should be in our 11. But how much more comfortable was he today? In his position.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I agree. I don’t think he should be in our 11. But how much more comfortable was he today? In his position.
    Agreed. Lennon doesn’t see him as a first 11 when he has everyone available , but that’s not going to be available to him every week...at that performance level he is more than capable of playing and contributing very well ..he will be very happy with his shift today

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I like it best when posters add that bit of gravitas to their thoughts by referring to players by their Christian names. It's so reassuring.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Completely agree Iggy

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    I've been a critic in recent weeks. As always I like to think I'm fairly balanced and today praised him after a good game. I done so throughout the matchday thread.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though, Dundee never really threatened us at all. I stand by the fact his legs have gone and that he loses his man too easily as he's turned due to marking too tight as a consequence. If it's a case of fitness and confidence then I hope he can push on from today's performance.

It's also worth noting he was back to playing at RB today where he no doubt feels more comfortbale. Up against someone with a little pace though I'm not so sure.

Again good game.

I'm glad he did well but the biggest criticism is more the fact he was being played out of position when he just wasn't good enough for the midfield. Lennon has to take some of this criticism as he picks the team, also it was well documented he struggled with a niggly injury for a while, hopefully having the full pre season has helped.

Played where he is comfortable today and played really well.

Should never have been played in defensive midfield as he doesn't have the necessary skills.
    Lennon did him a disservice and Whittaker took a lot of fans abuse as a result.
    Milligans arrival will hopefully see that this madness is never repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Completely agree Iggy
    Don’t you mean James?

Nobody is denying that. But the abuse he has taken recently whilst covering injured players was outrageous

Or I am mad and you are correct as always
    I am correct as always. Thank you

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    yip, they usually like to think they know more than others for some reason

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Don’t you mean James?

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Played where he is comfortable today and played really well.

Should never have been played in defensive midfield as he doesn't have the necessary skills.
    Lennon did him a disservice and Whittaker took a lot of fans abuse as a result.
    Milligans arrival will hopefully see that this madness is never repeated.
    Wish some of our home support was a bit more supportive...the fans got right behind him when he came on yesterday...sadly wouldn't have been the case at ER...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Where’s ozy
    I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I would have expected him to have a decent game in that role. Dundee are absolutely terrible and I expect we had the vast majority of the possession. Whittaker when he has the ball is not a problem. The problem would be if we were playing a team capable of running at us.
    Would you be comfortable if he starts there on Tuesday up against Mackay-Steven or Niall McGinn? He will get rinsed if he does.
    I think Lennon knows this and I doubt he will start him there even if Gray isn’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I wasn’t at the game yesterday but I would have expected him to have a decent game in that role. Dundee are absolutely terrible and I expect we had the vast majority of the possession. Whittaker when he has the ball is not a problem. The problem would be if we were playing a team capable of running at us.
    Would you be comfortable if he starts there on Tuesday up against Mackay-Steven or Niall McGinn? He will get rinsed if he does.
    I think Lennon knows this and I doubt he will start him there even if Gray isn’t fit.

Dundee aren’t terrible going forward, they are terrible at the back. He had a good game against some capable players.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

49/51 possession yesterday .....Dundee are good on the ball ..keep Possession well ...not so good without the ball

Whittaker’s performance level yesterday was more than good enough to get a start on Tuesday if Lennon chooses

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Dundee aren’t terrible going forward, they are terrible at the back. He had a good game against some capable players.
    They have only scored 2 goals this season?