Voters
175. You may not vote on this poll
  • White sleeves

168 96.00%
  • No white sleeves

7 4.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    White sleeves all the way.

We might have copied the idea from Arsenal but IMO our strip looks a lot better …. you see a few strips with white sleeves with red or blue bodies, in fact did Arbroath not rock up at ER a few seasons ago in a maroon top with white sleeves? … Anyway, for some reason none of those strips ever seem to work as well as green does, the classic Hibs kit of Green top with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks with white tops is IMO one of the best strips in world football.

Its a fact that the strip sets us apart as well, nobody has anything resembling it and you cant mistake somebody wearing it for anything other than a Hibs fan. If you don't believe me just look at the current advert for SKY sports, there's dozens of team shirts in the advert, but even though the guy in the Hibs top isn't even front and centre in the ad and only appears for a few seconds you can pick him out a mile off

Like one of the posters above said, I also hate it when the white runs over the shoulder … just the sleeves please!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hated our all bottle green top a few years ago. It just wasn't Hibs. Was dull and bland. Must be what it's like being a Hearts fan. There's nothing better than seeing the emerald green and white running out the tunnel at Easter Road. Turns me into a wide eyed 5 year old every time.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    White sleeves for me.

Coaching Staff
    When I started going to ER it was to watch the Tornadoes, absolutely captivated by the strip. White sleeves always. Iconic.

Looks pretty conclusive to me.

White sleeves for me.

But...my first ST was during the '94/95' season and I LOVED that Calor Gas 'candy stripe' sleeve effect. I know that would probably be sacrilegious for some on here, and I can see their point, but it brings back so many happy memories.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On another thread, there is a picture of Jimmy O'Rourke in what i think is our best ever strip, the deep bottle/racing green one with no white sleeves.

I'm not that bothered about the white sleeves, but realise others will feel different.

Thought i'd do a poll to get some sort of idea who's bothered either way?

Hope this works as its my first poll?
    Your poll works very well
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

long white sleeves, green cuffs.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    As has been said by many others imo its just not a Hibs strip without the white sleeves. Iconic

Without a doubt,White sleeves always

Left by mutual consent!
    This one really has folks on the fence..

White sleeves, emerald green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    As has been said by others, I think there’s a technical issue with bottle green strips, especially on a dreich day. The players just can’t see each other as well.

So emerald green with white sleeves (with a little bit of bottle green detail) is best for me. I loved the ‘doon the slope’ shirt from a few years ago, and I like this season’s too.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    A big yes for me. The iconic images of the Famous Five, Turnbulls Tornadoes and the Cup win all had white sleeves. It makes our strip unique. Happy to stand corrected but I cant think of any other team that has that combo.
    Some Plymouth Argyle strips over the years have been similar to the Hibs strip. Ironically when Bobby Williamson left Hibs it was for Plymouth iirc.

I’d prefer it if we always played in white shorts and white socks. Reminds me of European nights and that Cup Final.

The green shorts and socks combo of the 2007 cup win and Mowbray era are a massive no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I’d prefer it if we always played in white shorts and white socks. Reminds me of European nights and that Cup Final.

The green shorts and socks combo of the 2007 cup win and Mowbray era are a massive no for me.
    I agree. White socks look great

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    White sleeves every time. The green body with white sleeves has been our defining look for more than 80 years and it helps set us apart from the rest of the pack. Looking at old black and white photos of us in that strip, we are easily identifiable. The images of the famous five or Turnbull’s Tornadoes playing in our famous green and white kit are iconic and help make our club what it is today.

But please, no repeat of that horrific shirt from the 90s with the green and white striped sleeves. That was absolutely awful.
    The non family photos I have on my wall are Johnny Cash, Miles Davis, a coloured pic of George best in the Bukta top and a signed B&W photo of Pat Stanton. While it's B&W there's no doubt its green and white, it's iconic. Happy for tribute strips occasionally but it's green and white for me.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    An all green jersey with white trims, and an all white away jersey with green trims for me.

Oh, and with a golden harp on the chest.