hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jambos new Anti Semitic chant

They’ve really struggled since we ripped up their songbook haven’t they!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...es-jews-video/

2. Log in to remove the advert

sorry, just cant bring myself to click that one

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’ve really struggled since we ripped up their songbook haven’t they!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...es-jews-video/
    for your info, there are a lot of people, this side of the world that cannot bring themselves in any way to help or support that "rag" they call the Sun. most are for political reasons, some are what happened to Liverpool fans, a lot for happened at Orgreave, and most because they are a shower o' lying bassas. I cant even go into a shop for fags, sweets for my granddaughter or a pint o' milk if they have a Sun banner over the shoap!!

ying bassas .

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    for your info, there are a lot of people, this side of the world that cannot bring themselves in any way to help or support that "rag" they call the Sun. most are for political reasons, some are what happened to Liverpool fans, a lot for happened at Orgreave, and most because they are a shower o' lying bassas. I cant even go into a shop for fags, sweets for my granddaughter or a pint o' milk if they have a Sun banner over the shoap!!

ying bassas .
    I suspect that the OP is Scottish and just lives in Oz and thus is well aware of the opprobrium in which The Sun is generally held by right minded people. I'll click on a link but wouldn't dream of buying the actual rag (and yes, I know how online advertising works)

For those of you similarly afflicted, the crux of it is:

JAMBOS' SHAME Hearts fans belt out ‘he hates the f*****g Jews, his name is Aaron Hughes’ in vile antisemitic video

Sounds rather like some 14 year old hard man has worked out that Hughes rhymes with Jews and gone from there. That said I've not seen the clip as it's been deleted.

Having heard the "Edinburgh is wonderful" excrement and other similarly unappealing ditties from our very own minority of ******** fans in the past, I find it a tad hypocritical to jump on the moral high ground here.

Horrible, horrible chant though. I wonder if the Jambo away end self polices these things?
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 28-08-2018 at 05:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    What with this crud and the guy caught giving nazi salute few years back. Seems like an element very extreme views. Think this has been going on for a few years. Sure Queen Ann will sort it out.

@hibs.net private member
    Without clicking the link I assume this will be a tiny minority. We have our idiots too

I clicked on the link. Ugh.
    But to put this into perspective, there's also a link in the article about a very very recent and incredibly unsavoury tweet from a Hibs fan, and this forum has shown that almost all of the posters on here feel completely the opposite to what the tweet was about.
    The Sun article is typical sensationalism and not representative of any Hearts fan I know.

Not read the article as refuse to click on the Sun link but have seen the video. Seems to be half a dozen wee neds and fair play (did I really write that) to the Jambos the vast majority are calling it out for the moronic pond life behaviour it is.

I'm guessing the article didn't also highlight the considerable "Billy Boy" element in the Hertz support. If not that's no surprise. For a rag that thrives on sensationalism anti Catholicism isn't sensationalist enough , not even in 21st century Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I would also just like to point out that I did not click the link, because that seems to be the done thing these days.

I did click the link because I'm a bit of a maverick like that. The couple of pence generated in ad revenue is probably propping up the entire Murdoch empire.

Anyway daft bams behaving like bams. Every support has them; if it was a video of Hibs fans singing the Skacel song I'd say exactly the same. I'll leave the whataboutery to the Celtic and Rangers fans. Every support has an element that like to think they are 'edgy'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Why on earth would teenage spotties be making up this stuff about Jews? Does anybody really think they are aware of what they are saying? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    Why on earth would teenage spotties be making up this stuff about Jews? Does anybody really think they are aware of what they are saying? I doubt it.
    I think the primary reason is it rhymes with Hughes. Threads like this and ones in various other places are probably also a contributing factor. When people do things to provoke a reaction the default response always seems to be to give them exactly what they are looking for.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I think it's sweet how they've imitated us by forming their own singing section due to the poor atmosphere since we destroyed their songbook in 2016. Wee lambs. They're even talking about having displays after ripping us for years about them. Cute.

@hibs.net private member
    Surprised that rag hasn't suggested that Corbyn was at the back of the bus singing along. Wee neds who don't know any better and may well never learn. We have a good few in our support too.

Bit of an own goal from the Jambos there. They worked so hard to win that WW2 trophy, now the wantonly devalue it.

The irony of it all is that after the Ulster Banner and the Union Jack I wonder what their No.3 choice of antagonist flag to wave is? Most likely the flag of Zion (Israel). Just another example of Hun/Diet Hun lunacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Along with the rising sectarianism in their support they are doing their best to be totally obnoxious,a truly repulsive club and fans.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would also just like to point out that I did not click the link, because that seems to be the done thing these days.
    This.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I do know from snooping around Brokeback, that this song didn't go down well with MOST of the crowd on that. I was surprised that some were sticking up for it however. The admins then deleted a lot of the posts and issued warnings.
    So I do think they perhaps have more of a problem with their singing section than we maybe realise

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I do know from snooping around Brokeback, that this song didn't go down well with MOST of the crowd on that. I was surprised that some were sticking up for it however. The admins then deleted a lot of the posts and issued warnings.
    So I do think they perhaps have more of a problem with their singing section than we maybe realise
    In this case I don't think so. Remember, the same could be said of the tweet which was correctly deleted and over which warnings were raised. That sure as heck didn't represent more than just a few numpties in our support.

Is it me, or was Sectarian in football greatly reduced while the SevCo were off the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Bit of an own goal from the Jambos there. They worked so hard to win that WW2 trophy, now the wantonly devalue it.
    To the tune of Enola Gay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Is it me, or was Sectarian in football greatly reduced while the SevCo were off the scene?
    There was that, but also it’s been more noticeably aimed at us recently with Stubbs and particularly Lennon at helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Without clicking the link I assume this will be a tiny minority. We have our idiots too

I've only ever heard the "Edinburgh is wonderful" song being sung by Hearts Fans (who I told to shut it, in no uncertain terms) but it would be no surprise if we had a few young idiots in our support that have sung it as well.

Self policing is the only answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    We sure do, the fact that one tweeted he hoped Levine joined Mercer for one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart-farquhar View Post
    This

Probably just a handful of moronic and unbelievably ignorant brainless idiots.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This

Probably just a handful of moronic and unbelievably ignorant brainless idiots.
    Is that the same small group that sings up to your knees....?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post

ying bassas .
    I understand why you're no visiting the site but FYI companies don't make money from you visiting their site, they only make money if you click an add on the site. In fact by visiting the site and not clicking an ad you cost that company money as they have to pay for the bandwidth for your visit.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I’m stunned at how many people are just brushing it off as harmless ‘wee neds’ and even more so at those desperate to tell us all that ‘every support has them, including us’.

These types of videos and news stories come up about that support far more regularly than any other support in the county, except Rangers’. It’s absolutely abhorrent behaviour and a disgusting attitude to have and the people who are making suggestions that we, as a support, are ‘just as bad’ couldn’t be further from the truth.

Call it ‘point scoring’ or ‘whataboutery’ or any of the other buzzwords that usually appear on these threads but they have a far too much of a history of this kind of thing justbto pass it off as a few neds.

If it hadn’t been picked up by the paper it would only have been a matter of time before it was being belted out by hundreds in the Tynecastle concourse

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    We sure do, the fact that one tweeted he hoped Levine joined Mercer for one.
    The guy had a point to be fair. That Levine is a right ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk