hibs.net Messageboard

Coaching Staff

Irvine Welsh in Oz

Flying up to Brisbane from Sydney tomorrow (Tuesday) to meet up with a few Queensland based Hibbies to attend Irvine Welsh’ s ‘literary event’ on Dead Men’s Trousers.

Hopefully much discussion about 21/05/16...as pre publicity kinda/sorta suggests...

Anyone attended a previous ‘evening with Irvine Welsh’ thingy at a location near them?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flying up to Brisbane from Sydney tomorrow (Tuesday) to meet up with a few Queensland based Hibbies to attend Irvine Welsh’ s ‘literary event’ on Dead Men’s Trousers.

Hopefully much discussion about 21/05/16...as pre publicity kinda/sorta suggests...

Anyone attended a previous ‘evening with Irvine Welsh’ thingy at a location near them?
    Aye he read the section where the four of them go to cup final.You will enjoy it

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The man is a genius! He is a genuinely nice guy and a massive Hibby. He is also a lot taller than I imagined. He signed my copy of the book “To Billyhibs GGTTH Irvine Welsh.”

I was at his book reading at the biscuit factory in Bonnington.

One word of caution: I wouldn't take your Aunt Nelly along if I were you. He swears a lot.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    I attended brunch with Irvine in St Andrews a couple of years ago.
    Brilliant couple of hours, at the end I had a chap with Irvine and he signed his book with a fairly explicit hibs phrase.
    Really great guy.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk