hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definite red.

Definite pen for Aberdeen.

While not a stonewaller I’d say Boyle should have had a pen aswell.
    Disagree with you and the commentator re Aberdeen penalty claim - Hanlon clearly gets something on the ball from the replays.

Boyle's was a decent shout but a difficult call for the ref - there was a shove but he probably wouldn't have seen it from his position.

Mackay-Steven remaining on the pitch was one of a number of head scratching decisions from Dallas - in his favour though I thought he used the advantage rule well on a number of occasions - one time (not in the highlights) booking 2 Aberdeen players for successive fouls on Boyle after allowing Boyle to progress as he still had posession.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Hanlon doesn’t touch the ball at all if you have a good look at the replays. Was a tough one to call so I can see why so many thought it wasn’t a penalty at the time, including me and the ref, but the replays do show that Hanlon never gets a touch of the ball at any point
    You're blind man!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Hanlon didn’t get within a foot of the ball. He took the man.

Blatant penalty and we got away with it.
    Watched the slow motion replay and as Hanlon makes the challenge the ball accelerates which would not have happened if he had not made contact with the ball. The ball comes out of the challenge quicker than it went in and the attacker's feet were nowhere near the ball. Watched it 4 times now and seen the same thing each time.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Didn’t think it was a penalty at the time but if you watch the Sportscene replays from all angles STONEWALL! We dodged a bullet there but thought we had valid claims when Boyle got shoved in the back and GMS should have seen red for retaliation on Porteous even the intent to head butt him was enough for dismissal. 1-1 a fair result imo as both penalty claims cancel each other out!

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Watched the slow motion replay and as Hanlon makes the challenge the ball accelerates which would not have happened if he had not made contact with the ball. The ball comes out of the challenge quicker than it went in and the attacker's feet were nowhere near the ball. Watched it 4 times now and seen the same thing each time.
    The only mistake the referee has made here is not awarding a corner to Aberdeen. The ball shooting off in the direction it did could only have come from Hanlon’s boot. The Boyle one looked a bit debateable going by video, but I think he’s probably got that one right as well as Boyle maybe over egged it somewhat, as every player does of course.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    You're blind man!
    Base Hibby. You are the one that is blind sir

Gloryhunter, the ball accelerates away because the attacker nicks it away before Hanlon makes contact with him.

The best way to see it, aside from having normal working eyes, is the angle behind the goals using the squares of the net as a reference. The moment the ball changes direction its in the 4th square from the right but by the time Hanlons foot arrives in the same square the ball is already away.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Personally think it was a great yellow card to take for the team at that very late stage of the game and Ryan was left with no choice because Hanlon stood still - looking back at it again it may have been Paul carrying a knock as he was very very slow to react when the ball broke to the Dons player.

Porteous had a great game start to finish.
    Ryan’s been outstanding the only downside is a suspension will be on the cards as he gets booked every game😂

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

Gloryhunter, the ball accelerates away because the attacker nicks it away before Hanlon makes contact with him.

The best way to see it, aside from having normal working eyes, is the angle behind the goals using the squares of the net as a reference. The moment the ball changes direction its in the 4th square from the right but by the time Hanlons foot arrives in the same square the ball is already away.
    I have to agree

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Can you upload the frame where Hanlons foot eventually arrives in the same ‘square’ that the ball is in there?

@hibs.net private member
    Many years ago a goal was scored with the ball coming back off the metal goal frame. The defender picked up the ball to re start the game

but the ref gave a goal kick as if there had not been a goal.

Total bewilderment from everyone. If no goal had been scored then surely a penalty for the defender picking up the ball?

I think the ref was McGinn - not sure. The SFA will not allow the video to be shown.

Dallas' same mistake is on show for ever. Like his father's mistake ? in the Old Firm game when just after being cut on the head by a coin, he gives Ranger a penalty

when even the Rangers forward doesn't even ask for one.

No one can be singled out for the sins of a parent but I would keep my eye on this version.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Many years ago a goal was scored with the ball coming back off the metal goal frame. The defender picked up the ball to re start the game

Total bewilderment from everyone. If no goal had been scored then surely a penalty for the defender picking up the ball?

I think the ref was McGinn - not sure. The SFA will not allow the video to be shown.

Dallas' same mistake is on show for ever. Like his father's mistake ? in the Old Firm game when just after being cut on the head by a coin, he gives Ranger a penalty

No one can be singled out for the sins of a parent but I would keep my eye on this version.
    Les Mottram was the ref in the Partick Dundee United game when the ball hit the stanchion came out and a defender I think threw the ball to the goalie and he played on.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Can you upload the frame where Hanlons foot eventually arrives in the same ‘square’ that the ball is in there?

This is the frame immediately after the one posted above... as close as I could get, at least
    Last edited by Jack Hackett; 27-08-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    From the slow motion replay from behind the goal you can see that it's a penalty. However in real time it was an almost impossible call for the referee, especially given that the linesman's view was blocked.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Ref was Les Mottram and the video is on YouTube so not sure about your "The SFA will not allow the video to be shown" comment.

About 1min 17sec here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Dallas called it quits when he didn't give Aberdeen their penalty because he knew he'd messed up by not giving one for the shove on Boyle.

That was the conclusion of Jackie Mac Sr, who was sitting right next to me for both incidents.

I think that's as definitive as you can get. Case closed, etc.

@hibs.net private member

Having seen the images above I now have to concede - it's me that needs an update on my prescription and yes we got away with one there. All evened up by the Boyle incident in the opening minutes of course

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    That was the conclusion of Jackie Mac Sr, who was sitting right next to me for both incidents.

I think that's as definitive as you can get. Case closed, etc.

Agree. That's exactly what happened, he was evening things up to make up for his earlier mistake not to give a pen with Boyle. Dallas made an action which suggested he was going to give a pen to Aberdeen then stopped. If the lino had flagged he'd have probably gone with a pen as it wouldn't have been his decision.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Ref was Les Mottram and the video is on YouTube so not sure about your "The SFA will not allow the video to be shown" comment.

About 1min 17sec here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKuLtLXl7FI

Thanks for the video.

Many years ago there was a show of football errors by referees but the SFA would not authorise footage of that game.

Luckily it was recorded by someone at home hence this grainy quality.

The more I watch it the less I understand about a referees ability to change his mind.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Hanlon didn’t get within a foot of the ball. He took the man.

Blatant penalty and we got away with it.
    I’m sure it was a penalty, but even super slow mo and zoomed in me and my lad were struggling to see it.

That said Mikey Stewart makes a good point, if it wasn’t a penalty then it needed to be a corner.

J

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    I’m sure it was a penalty, but even super slow mo and zoomed in me and my lad were struggling to see it.

That said Mikey Stewart makes a good point, if it wasn’t a penalty then it needed to be a corner.

J
    I don't get that logic, presumably the ref thinks that Hanlon just gets the ball, and then the Aberdeen player kicks it out of play?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Yesterdays Highlights

Thanks for the video.

Many years ago there was a show of football errors by referees but the SFA would not authorise footage of that game.

Luckily it was recorded by someone at home hence this grainy quality.

The more I watch it the less I understand about a referees ability to change his mind.
    Didn’t impact the result right enough!

As well as the Ref the Partick keeper didn’t have the best of days either

As for the grainy quality, I’m pretty sure that was broadcast quality back in the day!