hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Andrew Dallas

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That article stinks of Bulls**t!
    Only the Glasgow based teams feel that the world is against them, and even some of them get turned over by them!
    But one good thing to maybe come out of the West Coast bias, is there is no way they will ever move to Murrayfield!!!!!
    Think it is very interesting and factual. The facts are there to see the first time an Edinburgh ref got the Scottish cup final was 107 years after it started. If that isn't very odd I don't know what is. Seems to be a clear bias shown to refs from the West, quelle surprise.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Its no surprise to see articles such as this. I was a member of the Angus referees association and they just get ignored totally by the SFA. I went to a couple of EDRA meetings and training sessions when I moved job and house and they wern't any better.

Quote Originally Posted by guidref View Post
    Its no surprise to see articles such as this. I was a member of the Angus referees association and they just get ignored totally by the SFA. I went to a couple of EDRA meetings and training sessions when I moved job and house and they wern't any better.
    Why do you think that was?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    No chance bingo

Hanlon got the ball, no penalty

Porteous has a bust lip and it happened right in front of the ref

Shaw was shoved in the back and had his shirt pulled on more than a few occasions - not much he can do about it

The ref needs to get a grip
    Agree with this - many Hibs.netters must be as blind as the Sportscene commentator - there is no doubt from the footage that Hanlon got something on the ball.

Re Dallas jnr - the Porteous-McKay-Stevens incident is just one of a number that had me shaking my head in wonder. There was one blatant yellow card foul on Boyle I think, right on the edge of the area (Mallan territory) which was ignored for example.

In his defence though he did play the advantage rule very well - on one occasion letting Boyle continue a run towards goal under a sustained series of assaults from the Aberdeen defence - and waiting until he'd lost the ball to haul back play and book not one but two Aberdeen players for separate challenges. That was excellent ref-ing even if he had me scratching my head in disbelief at other times.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Not a yellow, Porteous doesn't intentionally kick him, it was an overhead kick which he missed, purely accidental and a simple free kick.
    Defo a booking. Regardless if it’s accidental, he volleys the Aberdeen player on the forehead with his feet up at head height. That’s dangerous play.

Andrew Dallas.jpg
    Holly Johnson appointed by SFA as ref

Holly Johnson.jpg
    Andrew Dallas sings "Relax"

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Why do you think that was?
    EDRA had the Dougie MacDonald gang who looked after them selves. I went to a couple of meetings and training nights and didn't like it so I never went back and just stopped refereeing altogether.
    In my opinion and its just my opinion) the gang" looked after them selves being the big fish in the little pond. For the SFA overall they were obviously little fish so take what you want from that

Quote Originally Posted by guidref View Post
    EDRA had the Dougie MacDonald gang who looked after them selves. I went to a couple of meetings and training nights and didn't like it so I never went back and just stopped refereeing altogether.
    In my opinion and its just my opinion) the gang" looked after them selves being the big fish in the little pond. For the SFA overall they were obviously little fish so take what you want from that
    Quite depressing that.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Unfortunately, yes.
    ...there's always the BetFred cup game during which GMS will havd to hide from retribution. Suspect McInnes will bottle it and drop him.