hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See my link above. Martindale is a former bar owner and convicted for drug offences. He initially worked at Livingston in an unpaid coaching role... now it seems he has rather more influence.

It’s murky.
    Saw it mate, I’m aware of some the circumstances that are going on at Livingston and it’s only a matter of time before it all goes horribly wrong for them again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Can you explain what you mean? Yogi is now being quoted as saying Martindale has put money into the club and is calling the shots
    To be fair, I was just responding to a number of earlier responses that accused you of lying, being wrong, offering proof that you were wrong etc. I'm more than happy to retract my post if you can provide concrete proof of him...

- 'owning the club'
    - 'paying for everything'

PS John Hughes spraffing in the press/media doesn't count as proof.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    To be fair, I was just responding to a number of earlier responses that accused you of lying, being wrong, offering proof that you were wrong etc. I'm more than happy to retract my post if you can provide concrete proof of him...

- 'owning the club'

Obviously I can’t prove anything but it’s common knowledge within the Scottish game. Martindale is running the club. He does not have his badges but is the assistant manager and has being financially supporting them. He’s the one calling the shots at the club.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

- 'owning the club'

I have no insider knowledge but something seems very murky.

The circumstances around Martindale being at the club are unusual to say the least. On the face of it he seems poorly qualified to be an assistant coach.

The director (Ward?) is doing a lot of media and is saying they are keeping the backroom team ‘out of a sense of loyalty’. This implies Martindale is a regular employee. But he also says that Martindale is involved in bringing players into the club - unusual, you might say, although perhaps explicable at a smaller club with a smaller group of employees.

The rest is rumour... but there is enough to suggest something very odd in the club’s set up. Perhaps a journalist might care to do some digging?

Kenny won’t be joining Hibs. He’s spoke to Lennon and at this time Lennon feels he isn’t what he’s looking for.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Kenny won’t be joining Hibs. He’s spoke to Lennon and at this time Lennon feels he isn’t what he’s looking for.
    Quite disappointed by that. Brilliant option off the bench.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Martindale and Hopkin go back quite some time, it was Hopkin who initially brought him on board. I’m not sure if he started working on coaching while he was in jail, but it’s what he wanted to do when he got out.

I like KM he could do a job feel he would be great for strikers we have in 1st team and youths Coaching

I think it's a missed opportunity, but if Lennon is looking elsewhere I'll trust he has something in the pipeline. There'll be as many Hibbies who'll be happy as there are those (like me) who are disappointed, however - was always going to be a signing which divided opinion!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I have no insider knowledge but something seems very murky.

The circumstances around Martindale being at the club are unusual to say the least. On the face of it he seems poorly qualified to be an assistant coach.

The director (Ward?) is doing a lot of media and is saying they are keeping the backroom team ‘out of a sense of loyalty’. This implies Martindale is a regular employee. But he also says that Martindale is involved in bringing players into the club - unusual, you might say, although perhaps explicable at a smaller club with a smaller group of employees.

The rest is rumour... but there is enough to suggest something very odd in the club’s set up. Perhaps a journalist might care to do some digging?
    Neil Is Rankine is still there at the club. They got fined because of his dual interest in them and East Fife previously. He is still there calling the shots.