Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highlights

@hibs.net private member

Highlights

Any links for today?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Good goals from hibs.

A fantastic debut by Daryl Horgan. He has it all - pace, trickery, stamina and goals to boot.
    Mallen's goal was a typical scorcher from distance. What a great signing he has been as well - 6 goals at this early stage of the season from a midfielder is practically unheard of.
    Efe was, well, typical Effy, he goes from quality and class to "bumbling schoolboy" in a split second. Neil Lennon was not too happy with him and, indeed, commented on his penalty calamity after the game.
    Overall a gritty if unspectacular performance from our boys, and, let's face it, getting through is the prime aim in cup games. Pleasing-on-the-eye footie is a bonus.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by gogsy23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good goals from hibs.

Stunning goals.

I don't think Mallan has had one shot inside the box for Hibs yet. Never seen someone so consistent at getting shots on target from distance. He's my new Barker in terms of pure entertainment.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Man Down Under View Post
    I don't think Mallan has had one shot inside the box for Hibs yet. Never seen someone so consistent at getting shots on target from distance. He's my new Barker in terms of pure entertainment.

Sent from my SM-J330G using Tapatalk
    his set piece shots seem much better with a bit of distance. he seems to have a certain knack of curving shots over the wall and his shots tend to curve downwards. brilliant goal yesterday though.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    3 great goals from Hibs. Nice start to a Monday seeing them again.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    3 great goals from Hibs. Nice start to a Monday seeing them again.
    Yep fantastic goals all 3 Horgan looks a real asset and Stevie Mallan is such a goal threat from outside the box.

Great goals from us but the penalty award was a joke IMO

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    Great goals from us but the penalty award was a joke IMO
    A joke in the sense that Ambrose needs to just clear the ball, doesn't and takes the boy down?

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    A joke in the sense that Ambrose needs to just clear the ball, doesn't and takes the boy down?
    A joke in the sense that you’ll struggle to see a more blatant stonewaller all season?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Having seen the penalty incident again for the first time, its a stonewaller, what was Efe thinking? It was a harmless cross going straight to Laidlaws arms and it looked as if he he shouted for the ball.

Coaching Staff
    You know I Iistened to the game on radio & followed the match thread on .net. I have to say that all on BBC Scotland were pretty positive about Hibs, while pointing out their poor points. Today I've read the match report in 2 daily papers, again positive, yet on the match thread the majority were less than impressed, the term crap used on numerous occasions. So whose right ? Are we as fans overly critical or are the pundits too kind ?
    Seeing the highlights, well great goals from Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You know I Iistened to the game on radio & followed the match thread on .net. I have to say that all on BBC Scotland were pretty positive about Hibs, while pointing out their poor points. Today I've read the match report in 2 daily papers, again positive, yet on the match thread the majority were less than impressed, the term crap used on numerous occasions. So whose right ? Are we as fans overly critical or are the pundits too kind ?
    You also need to credit Ross county who look like they are keen to get back up. They have a number of experienced top league players in their team and have strengthened so were never going to be an easy game especially after beating Dunfermline last week at East end. On top of that given our european exploits and rotating the squad a bit we did extremely well to come through the tie.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You also need to credit Ross county who look like they are keen to get back up. They have a number of experienced top league players in their team and have strengthened so were never going to be an easy game especially after beating Dunfermline last week at East end. On top of that given our european exploits and rotating the squad a bit we did extremely well to come through the tie.

First Team Breakthrough
    The tempo ross county played at was superb, they only dropped off for the last 10 mins which was crucial for us. Big strong physical team that wanted to get the ball down. Hope the come up

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    There was undoubtably a bit of sloppiness about our play at times and Ross County looked more like the SPL side for large portions of the match. You could perhaps put it down to tired legs and unsettled line up but there were too many misplaced passes and under par performances throughout the team. That said, when the chips were down (ie when Ross County twice went ahead and in the closing stages) this Hibs side showed they had character and quality in reserve and produced it in the shape of three well executed goals. So - both POVs are valid to some extent. The fans are right to expect more while the praise from the media is not entirely misplaced for an entertaining match - although Ross County deserve their share of the plaudits and can perhaps consider themselves unfortunate.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Didn't appreciate how good Mallan's goal was from the East - thought it was straight and just dipped quickly. Superb strike, whipped right into the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Didn't appreciate how good Mallan's goal was from the East - thought it was straight and just dipped quickly. Superb strike, whipped right into the corner.
    Yeah, me too. At the time I thought it was very speculative and caught the keeper napping but it was a very good strike - albeit the keeper was a bit slow (unsighted maybe?).

Went yesterday to get a look at some of the new recruits. Like the look of Horgan who got better as the game went on. Was quite impressed with Hyndman should some nice flashes of skill and his direct running at the defence was good, pity that he faded out the game...all great goals tho...ref was murder.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Must admit I thought it was deflected due to the movement. Didn’t realise it was a squiggler!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Having seen the penalty incident again for the first time, its a stonewaller, what was Efe thinking? It was a harmless cross going straight to Laidlaws arms and it looked as if he he shouted for the ball.
    Efe is definitely at fault but imo if that’s Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous then we would have more than a few people on here jumping to their defence by saying he didn’t get a shout from his team mates or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Must admit I thought it was deflected due to the movement. Didn’t realise it was a squiggler!
    He caught the goalie out by shaping as if he was putting it in the right corner then reversed the shot to the other corner, brilliant goal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    He caught the goalie out by shaping as if he was putting it in the right corner then reversed the shot to the other corner, brilliant goal.
    Used the defenders as a wall too, ensuring the goalie seen it late.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Used the defenders as a wall too, ensuring the goalie seen it late.
    Yep superb play.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Efe is definitely at fault but imo if that’s Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous then we would have more than a few people on here jumping to their defence by saying he didn’t get a shout from his team mates or something similar.
    If that's Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous the ball would have been hoofed up the park before the County lad had a chance to get to it. That was typical Efe for me, he just cant bring himself to launch the ball when that's the best option and its exactly the sort of thing that lead to Neil Lennon having a wee go at him after the game.

I love Efe and the way he tries to play himself out of situations to find a pass, but it can lead to exactly the sort of thing that happened on Saturday and if there's one thing he can still add to his game its deciding when its possible to do that and when its not.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Aye

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If that's Hanlon, McGregor or Porteous the ball would have been hoofed up the park before the County lad had a chance to get to it. That was typical Efe for me, he just cant bring himself to launch the ball when that's the best option and its exactly the sort of thing that lead to Neil Lennon having a wee go at him after the game.

I love Efe and the way he tries to play himself out of situations to find a pass, but it can lead to exactly the sort of thing that happened on Saturday and if there's one thing he can still add to his game its deciding when its possible to do that and when its not.
    You’re probably right actually, especially with McGregor and Porteous.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You’re probably right actually, especially with McGregor and Porteous.