hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Clancy

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah, the old ‘end of’ usage. I’ve had my say, I’m correct and there’s no point in discussing the issue any further. The phrase gets on my mammeries. By the way, why describe the paranoia as Celtic-esque, when Sevco-esque, is more appropriate?
    Well what proof is there that referees are corrupt rather than inept?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Well what proof is there that referees are corrupt rather than inept?
    I’ve no tangible proof that they are corrupt but I don’t think you’ve got any more tangible proof that it’s all down to ineptitude. Clancy displayed the behaviour of someone who had made a firm decision about the offence, just as the vast majority of Hibs supporters and possibly RC supporters had, ( I don't doubt for a second that it was a yellow card), he more or less showed his thoughts by running to the player fingering his card but for some unknown reason ( I choose to believe it was for suspicious reasons) changed his mind.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by EricStoner View Post
    It isn't the mere existence of threads like this that are so amusing - or so disturbing, depending on one's view.
    The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us
    This is hilariously true. There’s been numerous occasions on which I’ve seen threads like this on both ours and our opposition’s pages simultaneously.

For people who think the refs are against us: what makes us right, and the Aberdeen fans (for example) wrong?

As a few have said, they’re just incompetent.

Kevin Clancy. ****o.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I’ve no tangible proof that they are corrupt but I don’t think you’ve got any more tangible proof that it’s all down to ineptitude. Clancy displayed the behaviour of someone who had made a firm decision about the offence, just as the vast majority of Hibs supporters and possibly RC supporters had, ( I don't doubt for a second that it was a yellow card), he more or less showed his thoughts by running to the player fingering his card but for some unknown reason ( I choose to believe it was for suspicious reasons) changed his mind.
    Jim that just sounds delusional. Read it again.

Innocent until proven guilty surely? He made a poor decision by not sending off the RC player, he should have walked, but to suggest he changed his mind because of corrupt or suspicious reasons is mental.

Testimonial Due
    It's a conspiracy.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    It comes down to accountability and reasoning

If Clancy was held accountable for his decisions and could justify not producing a second yellow or red card then I’d be interested to read that report

But until this is enforced fans like us will continue the cheat/incompetence debate most weekends

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    The man is horrendous. Misses a stonewall handball and penalty against the huns last season, gives a farcical penalty for handball away to killie and totally seizes the moment to give another penalty against us for handball. He must just make the rules up as he goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    The man is horrendous. Misses a stonewall handball and penalty against the huns last season, gives a farcical penalty for handball away to killie and totally seizes the moment to give another penalty against us for handball. He must just make the rules up as he goes along.
    To be fair to him, I don't think he was going to give the penalty until it was confirmed by the linesman.

The red card decisions were the ones I took issue with, as well as silly stuff like the Oli Shaw shot that was clearly deflected for a corner.
    Last edited by Smartie; 19-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    wtf

Dystonian realism

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It isn't the mere existence of threads like this that are so amusing - or so disturbing, depending on one's view.
    The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us.
    This half-trouser-legged, sash-wearing, Tory-voting recipient of brown envelopes from Gorgie & Govan would be the same guy who works as a teacher at a Kafflik school and who has a lengthy rap sheet of other "serious charges" directed at him by Rangers Media, Follow Follow and even the home for the housetrained Hun called GersNet, would it?
    Threads like this are significantly less tiresome than similar rants by managers - who at least heed the advice that calling a referee "a cheat" is injudicious - but they are tediously predictable nonetheless.
    As I said on the match thread, it's time a referee began litigation on stuff like this. In fact, the referees' association should pick a case, select its target and liquidate it. I hope the target won't be this site but, in my apparently incorrect view, there's no reason it couldn't be this site.
    Probably end up serving proceedings on an imaginary figure like Sydney hibby, late of this parish.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    wtf
    There’s a noticeable irony in people acting like EricStoner has lost the plot while they’re also claiming Hibs are being victimised by Scottish referees.

He’s making a fair point in a bit of an unconventional manner.

Left by mutual consent!
    The standard of refereeing in Scotland is generally of poor quality. Clancy's just one of a number of refs here that's guilty of poor decision making and will probably enrage fans of most clubs because of it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The disturbing thing is the unshakable conviction of most posters that the identical threads on Kerrydale Street and (especially) Follow Follow are composed for totally different reasons, by people who are nothing like us.
    This half-trouser-legged, sash-wearing, Tory-voting recipient of brown envelopes from Gorgie & Govan would be the same guy who works as a teacher at a Kafflik school and who has a lengthy rap sheet of other "serious charges" directed at him by Rangers Media, Follow Follow and even the home for the housetrained Hun called GersNet, would it?
    Threads like this are significantly less tiresome than similar rants by managers - who at least heed the advice that calling a referee "a cheat" is injudicious - but they are tediously predictable nonetheless.
    As I said on the match thread, it's time a referee began litigation on stuff like this. In fact, the referees' association should pick a case, select its target and liquidate it. I hope the target won't be this site but, in my apparently incorrect view, there's no reason it couldn't be this site.
    That may well be the biggest load of pish I’ve ever read on here.

United we stand here....

Why aren't referees asked to publicly explain their decisions? If you made as much of an arse of something at work like some refs do you would be almost certainly asked to explain what's going on

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Why aren't referees asked to publicly explain their decisions? If you made as much of an arse of something at work like some refs do you would be almost certainly asked to explain what's going on
    To your boss, but not your customers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    For the avoidance of doubt, my ‘paranoia’ doesn’t only stop at refereeing biased decisions involving Hibs. It’s a wider football phenomenon ........ and don’t get me started on Eurovision song contest rigged voting .......

Mibbe you have to stop sniffing the toner Eriks

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The old adage better that folk think you’re fool than open your mouth and prove it.

@hibs.net private member
    For the avoidance of doubt, my ‘paranoia’ doesn’t only stop at refereeing biased decisions involving Hibs. It’s a wider football phenomenon ........ and don’t get me started on Eurovision song contest rigged voting .......
    With you on the Eurovision without doubt. In all seriousness it was noticeable that no UK referees were at the World Cup finals. I can never remember that before.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    We are all EricStoner
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    We are all EricStoner
    Wait, are you suggesting he carries around a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Wait, are you suggesting he carries around a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire?
    I do that most days. Mind you, I live in Ormiston.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Oh right, well tbf you do have to deal with actual zombies then.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Is that not a picturesque, quiet sleepy little East Lothian village?

I don't buy the corruption theories to be honest, but refs are human beings and its far from impossible that one could make decisions based on dislike of an opposition team and especially manager … its looking more and more like Clancy falls into that category when it comes to Hibs and especially Neil Lennon.

Penalty decision and failing to send off the Ross County number 6 … which he clearly should have … notwithstanding, both he and the East stand linesman missed a clear Hibs corner when an Oli Shaw effort from the edge of the box clearly took a deflection off a defenders attempt to block it … the linesman had a clear view and I cant believe he didn't see it.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I don't buy the corruption theories to be honest, but refs are human beings and its far from impossible that one could make decisions based on dislike of an opposition team and especially manager … its looking more and more like Clancy falls into that category when it comes to Hibs and especially Neil Lennon.

Penalty decision and failing to send off the Ross County number 6 … which he clearly should have … notwithstanding, both he and the East stand linesman missed a clear Hibs corner when an Oli Shaw effort from the edge of the box clearly took a deflection off a defenders attempt to block it … the linesman had a clear view and I cant believe he didn't see it.
    Got to be said on seeing the goal highlights the penalty decision was spot on.

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Got to be said on seeing the goal highlights the penalty decision was spot on.
    Agreed. Stonewall penalty, but the word is that it was the linesman that spotted it - so Clancy can't even claim to have got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    To your boss, but not your customers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    If it wasnt for his "customers" he wouldn't have that job. Don't think it's asking a lot considering some of the scandalous decisions we regularly see in Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wigson13 View Post
    Don't think he cheats, he has an issue with us and basically whenever a 50/50 decision is required he chooses the decision against us. The second yellow both times, the penalty all 50/50 which could go either way and if in doubt as in a clear corner he elects to choose the option that goes against us!
    The penalty was not 50/50 - it was stonewall.

That said he does seem to make consistently pish decisions against Hibs - the change of mind about a second yellow being a case in point.

Re Scottish refs in general I think they have a tendency to let niggly fouls slip and to be slow to reach for the cards. Though you could argue this was "letting the game flow" or that "it's a man's game", in reality it benefits hammer-throwing sides like Hearts while penalising teams that try to play football. All in all a tendency which is bad for Scottish football IMO.