hibs.net Messageboard

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this the same Laidlaw who pulled off a terrific save from the free kick given away by another efe moment and then after the penalty pulled off a cracking double save?? Not bad for our 3rd choice keeper imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Laidlaw did nothing wrong today and I mean nothing other than one wayward kick out of touch.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Laidlaw did nothing wrong today and I mean nothing other than one wayward kick out of touch.
    I don't know how much was down to Laidlaw and how much was down to Efe but the pair of them had a few dodgy moments between them.

Laidlaw actually had some brilliant play with the ball at his feet and made a few very good saves as well.

He's not bad at all for a third choice.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    FWIW they were talking on the radio about him looking quite shaky.

Don’t think it was anything to do with the goals though (I only tuned into the radio after about 40 minutes)

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Free wine at the meal ?

Vittoria don't do free wine but if you could recommend a restaurant that does I'd be very appreciative.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Vittoria don't do free wine but if you could recommend a restaurant that does I'd be very appreciative.
    Do they still do 20% discount for ST holders?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Do they still do 20% discount for ST holders?

Don't tell me that now

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Burnley got gubbed by Watford yesterday and some are blaming their efforts in the Europa League.

Food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Don't tell me that now
    Yeah fink it’s oan vino tae 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Burnley got gubbed by Watford yesterday and some are blaming their efforts in the Europa League.

Food for thought...
    Aye Boyle and Stevenson looked dead on their feet yesterday

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Food for thought...
    Would be a nice problem to have! 😀 Maybe next season.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Aye Boyle and Stevenson looked dead on their feet yesterday
    This. Boyle looked hesitant at times in the later stages. Stevenson looked as sluggish as I’ve seen him. Hopefully nearly a full week with light training and without travel will help them.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    This. Boyle looked hesitant at times in the later stages. Stevenson looked as sluggish as I’ve seen him. Hopefully nearly a full week with light training and without travel will help them.
    Lennon mentioned after the game yesterday that those who have played the majority of the games would be getting a few days off. Think those two will be at the front of the queue for that as they both looked burst yesterday.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Would be a nice problem to have! 😀 Maybe next season.

Absolutely. It was an enjoyable European adventure this summer and surely everyone wants more of the same next year.

But the Europa League certainly impacts on domestic fixtures. We shouldn’t be too hard on the boys.

Efe and Laidlaw must work on these things in training?? They should be able to read each situation and know who holds the upper hand to deal with each ball - if the keeper calls then there is an understanding he can hold the ball or launch it clear and safe.
    Last edited by I'm Spartacus; 20-08-2018 at 11:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Lennon mentioned after the game yesterday that those who have played the majority of the games would be getting a few days off. Think those two will be at the front of the queue for that as they both looked burst yesterday.
    Yep, also mentioned specifically that he wanted to give Lewis a rest but couldn't. I wonder if he'll look to bring someone in, I'd been under the impression that Mackie may be his backup this season, but perhaps not given that he didn't feature yesterday.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Efe and Laidlaw must work on these things in training?? They should be able to read each situation and know who holds the upper hand to deal with each ball - if the keeper calls then there is an understanding he can hold the ball or launch it clear and safe.
    Laidlaw has not played much, and Lennon has said they have hardly been on the training pitch with all the games and travelling.

Players also make mistakes, it happens.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Aside from the ball into the box that led to the penalty, I'm not certain any of the back lot were in command of any situation the whole game. Below par and we got away with it. I know they shouldn't be tired, "young guys, I'd dae it for nothing", blah blah, but they looked jaded and the whole place was a wee bit less than it should've been on Sunday.
    Efe will be fine on Sunday mark my words. Having watched him arrive late that night back into Edinburgh after the Faroes trip I reckon it's a wee bit harder for him than some.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I genuinely don't know what people expect from goalkeepers, Laidlaw is absolutely fine, he's not quite as good as Rocky or Bogdan but he's a more than able replacement when we need him.

Laidlaw makes the saves you'd expect him to make more often than not, and sometimes makes ones that you don't expect him to.

Like every goalkeeper worldwide, he has a mistake in him, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he's more prone to them than most other keepers at our level.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I genuinely don't know what people expect from goalkeepers, Laidlaw is absolutely fine, he's not quite as good as Rocky or Bogdan but he's a more than able replacement when we need him.

Laidlaw makes the saves you'd expect him to make more often than not, and sometimes makes ones that you don't expect him to.

Like every goalkeeper worldwide, he has a mistake in him, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he's more prone to them than most other keepers at our level.
    We’ve been damaged by the years of Zibi and Maka and now folk panic as soon as the ball goes near our goalies.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

And him having this wee run of games can only be good for him if we need to call on him again

Correct. I have no concerns about him playing and I doubt there's too many fans of clubs at our level who could say that about their third choice goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Is Laidlaw meant to be a goalkeeper AND a clairvoyant? How can he actually prevent Efe from being Efe?
    Don't think he can. However, I do hope they talk to each other on the training field at least. or does Efe wear thon headphone things on the pitch at match days? my mate tells me the goalie was screamin' "leave it it's mine" .