hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can anyone who doesn't think Milligan is a good signing explain why?
    Genuinely interested?
    Also. My conspiracy.
    Hyndeman only here till Jan cos SA has agreed to sign pre contract

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Who will play there from January till next season?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

What age was Sauzee when he signed...?

First Team Regular Sproule Three's Avatar
    As i live in Australia I've seen lots of him. I've always thought he was one Aussie player that I'd like to play for us a few years ago but thought he might be too old now.
    He's been by far the stand out Australian player in the A league over the past 10 years with a few stints abroad in China and Japan then obviously chasing the money in UAE and Saudi , Was linked with a move to Crystal Palace a few years ago which fell through . Has had few other options in Europe that for some reason haven't materialised. Think there may have been issues obtaining a visa when he wasn't fully established in the national team . Guus Hiddink selected him in the 2006 WC squad when he had just come through the youth ranks so he was clearly a standout then.
    He's a Western Sydney boy and played for Sydney FC initially but spent most of his A league career at arch rivals Melbourne Victory. Always stood out in that fixture and took plenty of abuse from the Sydney fans (me included) . He's tough and real leader but also got a lot of skill
    Usually plays CM and scored a few important goals in his time. Very versatile though which is what we need. . Was trusted to play out of position at CB in recent world cup as the manager clearly didn't fancy any of the other options . Has also played at RB for Australia on a few occasions .

As i said I thought he would have been a bit too old now but obviously the recruitment team know better than me . He would have had options to earn more money in Asia or as 'marquee" player back in Australia so obviously playing for Hibs is for footballing ambitions rather than a big earner .

Always happy to read about the Hibees in the Aussie media and his signing will mean more coverage. Hopefully the clowns that run the Scottish game can get the overseas TV deal sorted out pronto and ensure we see more games

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I don’t know if he will be a good signing or not, my only concern is his age.
    At this stage he is past his peak and his abilities are in decline. That’s true for the vast majority of players. Can we squeeze two good years out of him? Maybe. But it’s more of a risk than signing a 25 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not with his playing record it isn't. Looks exactly the type of player we need reads the game and is aggressive and a leader plus can cover centre back. On the face of it looks a very good signing but like all signings will see how it goes.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Official Site: HIBERNIAN COMPLETE SIGNING OF MILLIGAN

Quote Originally Posted by Sproule Three View Post
    As i live in Australia I've seen lots of him. I've always thought he was one Aussie player that I'd like to play for us a few years ago but thought he might be too old now.
    He's been by far the stand out Australian player in the A league over the past 10 years with a few stints abroad in China and Japan then obviously chasing the money in UAE and Saudi , Was linked with a move to Crystal Palace a few years ago which fell through . Has had few other options in Europe that for some reason haven't materialised. Think there may have been issues obtaining a visa when he wasn't fully established in the national team . Guus Hiddink selected him in the 2006 WC squad when he had just come through the youth ranks so he was clearly a standout then.
    He's a Western Sydney boy and played for Sydney FC initially but spent most of his A league career at arch rivals Melbourne Victory. Always stood out in that fixture and took plenty of abuse from the Sydney fans (me included) . He's tough and real leader but also got a lot of skill
    Usually plays CM and scored a few important goals in his time. Very versatile though which is what we need. . Was trusted to play out of position at CB in recent world cup as the manager clearly didn't fancy any of the other options . Has also played at RB for Australia on a few occasions .

As i said I thought he would have been a bit too old now but obviously the recruitment team know better than me . He would have had options to earn more money in Asia or as 'marquee" player back in Australia so obviously playing for Hibs is for footballing ambitions rather than a big earner .

Always happy to read about the Hibees in the Aussie media and his signing will mean more coverage. Hopefully the clowns that run the Scottish game can get the overseas TV deal sorted out pronto and ensure we see more games
    Cheers for the summary Sproule Three!

Everything I’ve heard / read from Aussies or people that have seen him, suggests he’s a good acquisition.

I sense he might be a fans favourite just because he’ll kick **** out of the Jambos and Sevco. Doesn’t sound like he takes any nonsense.
    Last edited by Baw187; 19-08-2018 at 08:19 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think it is.

Milligan, Maclaren and Stuart Lovell.
    Jack Reilly anyone?

Edit: See he wasn't capped until three years after he left Hibs. Does that still count?
    Last edited by oneone73; 19-08-2018 at 08:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    What age was Sauzee when he signed...?
    Same age as Whittaker and De Graff?

He is getting on and that rings alarm bells for plenty of us. What makes him seem like a good gamble is the fact that he hasn’t had a long term injury to contend with. Guys like Roy Keane would tell you that the SPL takes no prisoners. If you aren’t fit enough here then you won’t be given time to play.

I wonder if we will see a 4-4-2 line up today, that would appear to suit our personnel more and allow Gray and Stevenson to play in behind the two wide men (Horgan and Boyle).

Exciting times ahead methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Same age as Whittaker and De Graff?

He is getting on and that rings alarm bells for plenty of us. What makes him seem like a good gamble is the fact that he hasn’t had a long term injury to contend with. Guys like Roy Keane would tell you that the SPL takes no prisoners. If you aren’t fit enough here then you won’t be given time to play.

I wonder if we will see a 4-4-2 line up today, that would appear to suit our personnel more and allow Gray and Stevenson to play in behind the two wide men (Horgan and Boyle).

Exciting times ahead methinks.

Can’t see us going 442. We have to many CMs. Lennon likes a 3 in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Can anyone who doesn't think Milligan is a good signing explain why?
    Genuinely interested?
    Also. My conspiracy.
    Hyndeman only here till Jan cos SA has agreed to sign pre contract

If Allan signs a pre contract he'll not be able to join us until end of May, so why get Hyndman till January when we'll need him to the end of May.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Can’t see us going 442. We have to many CMs. Lennon likes a 3 in the middle

Tactics should change according to the strengths of the personnel, a midfield four seems a reasonable proposition. Lennon has brought Horgan in to play and Boyle should always be a contender. A fit and on form Gray makes our defence stronger, especially with a winger in front of him.

He was good enough to play in the World Cup 2 months ago for an Aussie side unlucky to lose against France. If I recall correctly, France went on to have a pretty decent tournament.

We'll soon find out of course, but I don't think he'll be out of his depth in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sproule Three View Post

Thanks for this. It is great to read something from someone who has access to in depth information.

It may be a premature judgement, but Im very excited by this signing. Sounds like he will have a lot of presence. More so with Bartley injured, Im glad we have a bit of hard man on the books.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    If Allan signs a pre contract he'll not be able to join us until end of May, so why get Hyndman till January when we'll need him to the end of May.
    It was suggested on here that was Bournemouth's decision and not ours.

If Hyndman is getting regular game time and doing well for us then we should be able to extend him if we have to wait for Allan.

If he isn't playing regularly, Bournemouth will want him somewhere where he will be playing.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Know nothing about him but from the video he looks pretty decent!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Good article on the Scotsman today.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...igan-1-4786769

Played every minute of Aussie’s 3 World Cup games - ✅

Never played for a European club before - 🤔

He seems to have technical ability and is in good shape - let’s hope he can adapt to the pace of the Scottish game.

Coaching Staff
    Why are people fixated on his age ? If you watch MoTD2 last night you would have seen a 34 year old scoring for Brighton & a 33 year old scoring for Watford. Both Murray & Deany ran rings round their much younger opponents.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Why are people fixated on his age ? If you watch MoTD2 last night you would have seen a 34 year old scoring for Brighton & a 33 year old scoring for Watford. Both Murray & Deany ran rings round their much younger opponents.
    And Murray's a baldy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post

Because we’ve had two 33 year olds in the squad recently whose best days were clearly behind them?

Having said that, Holt did a job for us and Whitts is not as bad as some make out. But clearly not the players they were.

Mark Milligan seems to have moved to CB which is a concern if we are hoping for an energetic presence in midfield.

Let’s hope he can be more like another 33 year old to play for Hibs... a certain Franck Sauzee

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Give him 6 months till his hair transplant takes, then he’ll look like Brian May.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Good article on the Scotsman today.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...igan-1-4786769

Played every minute of Aussie’s 3 World Cup games - ✅

Never played for a European club before - 🤔

He seems to have technical ability and is in good shape - let’s hope he can adapt to the pace of the Scottish game.
    Liking those passing stats a lot.

He sounds just what we need right now.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Give him 6 months till his hair transplant takes, then he’ll look like Brian May.
    He May look like Martin Boyle!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Liking those passing stats a lot.

He sounds just what we need right now.
    This is a great read for anyone sceptical about him. I don't think he's an exciting signing like Horgan but sounds exactly what we need.

In fact, not a million miles away from a more defensive version of Dylan.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    To all those uninspired by a 33 year old signing, bear in mind that Juventus have also signed a 33 year old who seems to still be able to do the business!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    To all those uninspired by a 33 year old signing, bear in mind that Juventus have also signed a 33 year old who seems to still be able to do the business!
    They're also keen for us to sign Mulumbu. Who will soon be 32.

See also James Milner down in the prem.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    They're also keen for us to sign Mulumbu. Who will soon be 32.

See also James Milner down in the prem.
    Not to mention the folks who think we should be looking to bring in Kenny Millar.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Mibbe cos we can cut a deal to sign him cut price then. Just a theory

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Cheers for the summary Sproule Three!

Everything I’ve heard / read from Aussies or people that have seen him, suggests he’s a good acquisition.

I sense he might be a fans favourite just because he’ll kick **** out of the Jambos and Sevco. Doesn’t sound like he takes any nonsense.
    Think has everything and will be some player for us. And yes like most Aussies a winner and will get everyone up for the Jambos game.

In today’s EEN...

Jamie Mac says he’s delighted (and surprised) we’ve got ‘Millsy’ and he is a real leader in the dressing room.

For the good of humanity we need to make the nickname Spike stick.

Coaching Staff
    Spikestick?

Cannae see that catching on😂