hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Title challenge

Title challenge

Who agrees here,things are looking up for the hibees!!record crowds,decent jaunt in europe,some cracking prospects in the sqaud,still signings iminent,most revered scottish club in recent times.ultra postive fanbase (cough).stadium ours, facilties ours.one of the best coaches we could hope for,leeann dempster amonst others steering the ship.and the list go fluckin on and on.special times continue lads n lassies enjoy 🙌🙌🙌

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who agrees here,things are looking up for the hibees!!record crowds,decent jaunt in europe,some cracking prospects in the sqaud,still signings iminent,most revered scottish club in recent times.ultra postive fanbase (cough).stadium ours, facilties ours.one of the best coaches we could hope for,leeann dempster amonst others steering the ship.and the list go fluckin on and on.special times continue lads n lassies enjoy 🙌🙌🙌

One too many?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    One too many?
    Totally sober!!!im a pretty negative guy wi a bevvy 😂

Assuming this is a serious post, we won't win the title this season.

I'm not being negative but you can't expect to jump from 4th to 1st when we've lost arguably three of the best midfielders in Scotland from last season's squad.

If we can finish top 4 again i'll be content.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

I'm not being negative but you can't expect to jump from 4th to 1st when we've lost arguably three of the best midfielders in Scotland from last season's squad.

Yeah that would be a decent season imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

dinny spoil ma night way a username like that chief.remember when allan left we thought the same? Turned oot awrite there,have faith man.titles coming hame bud 😉.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Tony Rougier was the best manager you worked under Jim Duffy? He had us challenging for the title in fact we were at the top of the league.... for a minute.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    We won't win the title. I'm expecting a similar season to last year and if I'm right, I'll be very, very happy. Even though we fell short right at the end between the football and the excitement it was a great year to be a hibee.

Think the new squad will take a big of bedding in, now we're done with the distraction of Europe (kidding, but the two games a week wasn't ideal at this stage) Neil will get a proper chance to work with the players, a few niggly injuries an be put rested up and we'll soon be firing on all cylinders.

I'd take 4th, if we'd kept the 3 then I'd have wanted 3rd and maybe a 2nd ... but the we've not replaced unfortunatley.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    We are so far away from a title challenge 😂

Not trying to be negative, more realistic, and think we are a couple of signings from being back to similar strength as last season. But a title challenge? Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Not trying to be negative, more realistic, and think we are a couple of signings from being back to similar strength as last season. But a title challenge? Not going to happen.

If we were as strong as we were in the second half of last season then a title challenge would be possible

As it stands we are not that strong

We need to spend,spend,spend. If we can replace some of the quality we've lost we might be up there in the race.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

Agree with this. We aren't as good as last year and teams around us are better. 4th would be great but a few more signings could make a big difference.