hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

Eleven Sports Live Football Advice Please

Eleven Sports showing 2 games free of charge each weekend from Serie A and La Liga through facebook. I have a Samsung Smart TV but asks me to get Flash Player to view. Unfortunately it wont download on my TV. Any suggestions ?
    I know i could stream via my Tablet but dont have the HDMI cable & hoped to watch without buying one. Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 2belhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eleven Sports showing 2 games free of charge each weekend from Serie A and La Liga through facebook. I have a Samsung Smart TV but asks me to get Flash Player to view. Unfortunately it wont download on my TV. Any suggestions ?
    I know i could stream via my Tablet but dont have the HDMI cable & hoped to watch without buying one. Cheers
    I've got an lg smart tv and it doesn't support flash, I presume Samsung doesn't either, can't you cast your tablet screen to your tv,no need for hdmi cable
    Last edited by jst1875; 17-08-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Go to screen mirror on your Samsung then share the tablet with the TV via the wireless 👍

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    Go to screen mirror on your Samsung then share the tablet with the TV via the wireless 👍
    Wish I had the foggiest idea what that meant Sean.

I subscribed for the golf last week and although i have numerous devices i couldnt cast any to the telly.I also couldnt get it up on the smart tvs internet.Gave up after hours of trying.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hadnt the fogiest about casting etc guys but just did some investigating and found a smart view button on tablet which allows me to cast onto the TV. All sorted now. Cheers all.
    Hesitating whether to subscribe or not. I see they are showing 2 games free each weekend incl Ronaldos 1st game this weekend.

Hadnt the fogiest about casting etc guys but just did some investigating and found a smart view button on tablet which allows me to cast onto the TV. All sorted now. Cheers all.
    Hesitating whether to subscribe or not. I see they are showing 2 games free each weekend incl Ronaldos 1st game this weekend.
    They were doing a free trial for a week or just under during the golf.. not sure if still available, if so you could try it out first. Easy to cancel your subscription without payment, unlike some other products which make you phone up to do so.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    So, signed up to the free trial and will consider the annual pass, if they get a tie up to either Chromecast or Sky.

Lazio 1 up on Napoli just now and the Lazio shirt maker and sponsor look awfully familiar...

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Download TV cast (Samsung) on both your phone/tablet and smart tv. Connect the two and hey presto. It worked perfectly for me last week.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Whats this Eleven sports? Is it on sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Whats this Eleven sports? Is it on sky?
    Nope. Broadcast by streaming over the internet only. Seems like an expanding company however.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Nope. Broadcast by streaming over the internet only. Seems like an expanding company however.

Thanks for quick reply. Just looked at their website, not paying £50 a year for that.

Watched the first 2 la Liga games last night on my PC.
    HD quality picture and zero buffering. Way, way better than either sky Go or Virgin TV anywhere apps were on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Watched the first 2 la Liga games last night on my PC.
    HD quality picture and zero buffering. Way, way better than either sky Go or Virgin TV anywhere apps were on the computer.
    Their coverage of the USPGA golf was first class last week as well (especially when it was free 😁)

Their coverage of the USPGA golf was first class last week as well (especially when it was free 😁)

Unfortunately I'm not a golf fan so that is no good to me.

Will this be a channel on sky ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Will this be a channel on sky ?

I asked further up the thread and the reply says no, its an online streaming service only.

I asked further up the thread and the reply says no, its an online streaming service only.
    Cheers

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Bit pish. I enjoy watching the Spanish football but I can't be arsed with either watching it on a laptop or plugging my laptop into the tele to watch it. I know it's lazy but it's put me off getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Bit pish. I enjoy watching the Spanish football but I can't be arsed with either watching it on a laptop or plugging my laptop into the tele to watch it. I know it's lazy but it's put me off getting it.

Not to mention the 50 sovs year for the privilege.

Testimonial Due
    Used to show SPL in Singa pore. Not sure about this season.

Their website FAQs state they're still duscussing showing it through Sky, BT, Virgin etc. Also hope to have Chromecast support at some stage.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Not what the papers were saying. Cut out on the winning putt, plus other countless times with poor analysis. But suppose if it was free you can’t complain. They won’t have it next year going by the reports, USPGA were very unhappy with it.
    Last edited by Col_0762; 19-08-2018 at 10:53 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Less than a £ a week is no bad for what is shown

Anyone know if they have an on demand service and if its any good for watching highlights or full games?

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Anyone know if they have an on demand service and if its any good for watching highlights or full games?
    They seem to have loads of on demand stuff, and it's free to view. See here. Free 50 minute video of Andres Iniesta's career on there as well.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Not what the papers were saying. Cut out on the winning putt, plus other countless times with poor analysis. But suppose if it was free you can’t complain. They won’t have it next year going by the reports, USPGA were very unhappy with it.
    I watched it for all four days and it didn’t cut out once. It certainly didn’t cut out on the winning putt. I suspect it’s the papers making it up due to them being owned by the same person as sky.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I watched it for all four days and it didn’t cut out once. It certainly didn’t cut out on the winning putt. I suspect it’s the papers making it up due to them being owned by the same person as sky.
    Whilst I haven't watched much of their golf coverage, I have watched some. The coverage of it I've seen + their football has been sufficiently good that I'd recommend their subscription package to everyone.
    I certainly haven't encountered any problems

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Whilst I haven't watched much of their golf coverage, I have watched some. The coverage of it I've seen + their football has been sufficiently good that I'd recommend their subscription package to everyone.
    I certainly haven't encountered any problems
    Neither have I. I haven’t watched that much on it to be fair, but what I have watched has been decent.

United we stand here....