hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hire all the guys from the Icelandic FA who created the blueprint for improving their game, and fire everyone with the same responsibilities in Scotland.
    Think the local authorities helped in Iceland? Think they have over 7 indoor pitches

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal...2/land-of-fire

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Scottish game died many years ago due to TV money and greed of owners / sponsors and fans. We kid ourselves on that most of the top 6 teams could compete in the lower reaches of the Premiership. In reality most even the ugly sisters would struggle in the Championship

The SFA /SPL / SPFL / Juniors all cater for their own needs and stuff everyone else. We should have a professional league of 16 playing home and away. Then cup games more at the weekend. Everything else is amateur / part time.
    Coaching levels need to be raised and invested in, there needs to be a clear system where kids can be developed and their teams stop being interested in winning meaninless cups and leagues at 9, 10, 11, 12, years old etc and focus on developing skills and talents. Investment in facilities a no brainer.

There must be a mimum limit on the amount of grown players must have in their team / squad to invest in Scottish youth development, otherwise the clubs will always run to non Scottish players who will play for less and offer little improvement to our national game. Be honest how many times have you seen a so called professional player unable to pass and play with both feet comfortably, or trap a ball or header it accurately

I love watching football but I struggle when watching or listening to the radio - the pundits going on about a great game are they watching what we are watching ?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think the local authorities helped in Iceland? Think they have over 7 indoor pitches

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal...2/land-of-fire
    That was only part of it Billy - as I recall they revamped their coaching structure as well. My point was that someone there had the foresight to see what was required and they acted on it. We hire Alex McLeish and Malky McKay. It's no wonder we are knackered.....

Stop underselling our game and get a proper TV deal for starters.

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Scottish talent not on a par, if we were playing them 18 games into our season with a settled team I think it would have been a different outcome, we would most definitely have beaten them at ER plus they dont even play on grass and have double the investment from TV. Lets talk about level playing fields if they want to start that nonsense.
    I was only saying that to a Sellick fan
    I do think Europe is a bit unfair for a few countries
    Maybe if they started it 2 months later our coefficient would improve

Get much much more money for our main tv deal. Hopefully some upcoming streaming channels will enter the bidding.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Scottish talent not on a par, if we were playing them 18 games into our season with a settled team I think it would have been a different outcome, we would most definitely have beaten them at ER plus they dont even play on grass and have double the investment from TV. Lets talk about level playing fields if they want to start that nonsense.
    I think what they are getting at is the ball control of their players to ours.

In most cases a long crossfield pass is stopped by our players to get it under control, they appear to play the ball in front of their players so they continue running, hence a quicker attack!

I'm not saying we don't have players capable of this, but most of Scottish players control is usually with a radius of 5 yards, and hope to win the tackle for the ball???

The best way to start any revamp of Scottish for would be to start protests at international games. Publicise the fact that fans are sick of the SFA shrug their shoulders at the poor quality at promoting and developing the game.