hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marvin Bartley

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you in regards to last night Billy but playing Marv in the home leg meant a real lack of creativity in the middle of the park - We always struggle to break teams down when we play Marv plus a back 3 - he doesn't offer nearly enough in a forward sense. Games like last night and the uglies away and tiny-castle are made for Marv but apart from those types of games we need something else in his place...and I feel bad saying that as I love the big guy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    After he went off last night we didn't create any more chances than we did when he was on. Rather than it continually being pointed out that his inclusion leads to less creativity maybe we should be focussing on the guys in the team who are picked to provide that. Mallan was OK last night, but Slivka put in another disappointing performance and once he went off, Bartley's replacement Hyndman had another average at best performance. For me the issue isn't the inclusion of Bartley it's the guys who have been picked to provide the creativity. I'll sound like a broken record but get Scott Allan in alongside Bartley and we won't be focussing on what Big Marv doesn't do so well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    After he went off last night we didn't create any more chances than we did when he was on. Rather than it continually being pointed out that his inclusion leads to less creativity maybe we should be focussing on the guys in the team who are picked to provide that. Mallan was OK last night, but Slivka put in another disappointing performance and once he went off, Bartley's replacement Hyndman had another average at best performance. For me the issue isn't the inclusion of Bartley it's the guys who have been picked to provide the creativity. I'll sound like a broken record but get Scott Allan in alongside Bartley and we won't be focussing on what Big Marv doesn't do so well.
    Marv went off in first half. We created and missed chances in second half. Marv job isn’t to create tho

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Marv went off in first half. We created and missed chances in second half. Marv job isn’t to create tho
    Our best and most creative period was at the start of the game when Marv was on.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Could be a blessing in disguise, we need better than big Marv in my opinion. Yes he's very good at breaking up play, but lets be honest here, he is poor when put under pressure on the ball, and gives us nothing going forward.

When we had McGeouch, he could get the ball in, retain it and recycle it quickly. Big Marvin takes an age to get the ball moving, because he's not that comfortable on it.

He's had some fantastic games for us in the past, although having the players around him that he had, made it easier for him.

Now i'm sorry, but we need better, we need someone much better in possession who can play under pressure, who can start things off and get round the pitch putting the opposition under pressure to by winning the ball and getting things going.

Easy to say we need better, but who? No doubt Hibs are working on a proper replacement for Dylan but it ain’t easy to find that kind of quality.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Once more I will suggest moving Efe in there. It serves two purposes, gives us a more creative player in the middle who quite enjoys going forward, secondly, it gets him T.F. away from the defence.
    Of course doing that means we desperately need to sign another centre half, but I think we need to do that anyway.
    Last edited by MB62; 17-08-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Playing Bartley for 80 mins in the home leg was one of the reasons we didn't take a lead to Molde. I can also see the merits in playing him last night, he would never have let the guy waltz through for the 2nd goal.
    Poor finishing and wonderful goalkeeping was the reason we didn’t take a lead to Molde, absolutely nothing to do with Marvin Bartley. The only time we had a foothold in the midfield over the two games was when he was on the pitch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Our best and most creative period was at the start of the game when Marv was on.
    Not on the game I watched

All those mocking Barra's injury might know what karma is now. Hope Marv makes a swift recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Yeah early days but not been that impressed by Hyndman yet tbh didn't thibk he was great last night nor Perth on Sunday and no idea about Slivka he flatters to deceive

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Once more I will suggest moving Efe in there. It serves two purposes, gives us a more creative player in the middle who quite enjoys going forward, secondly, it gets him T.F. away from the defence.
    Of course doing that means we desperately need to sign another centre half, but I think we need to do that anyway.
    Can we get Fonts back?

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Genuine question on the clamour for Kamara. I remember him starting last season well but did he keep it up?

Can't remember much of him beyond early season. I could be wrong though.
    People that think kamara is the 2nd coming of McGinn will be dissapointed if he signs . He's like Bartley with neater passing , he doesnt drive forward with the ball and wont score any goals

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    People that think kamara is the 2nd coming of McGinn will be dissapointed if he signs . He's like Bartley with neater passing , he doesnt drive forward with the ball and wont score any goals
    He’d replace Dylan. Suspect it may not happen Dundee want too much cash

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    All those mocking Barra's injury might know what karma is now. Hope Marv makes a swift recovery.
    Please let me know how I should react when something bad happens to our rivals. Should I show sympathy? Maybe send a card?

I hope Berra's injury finishes his Hearts career. There, said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Not on the game I watched
    Well, we'll need to agree to disagree.

I was quite happy after half an hour, and thought we were doing fine.

We lost a bad goal, lost Bartley and fell out the game although yes, we did continue to create the odd opening and half-chance.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibee Gallagher
    You are probably right. We do need to look at getting someone slightly better than Marv but unfortunately all I think we are going to get is more of Whittaker playing that role and I don't think he's any better than Bartley.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Some on here were laughing at Berra after his hammy injury. Not so funny now when its one of your own players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Some on here were laughing at Berra after his hammy injury. Not so funny now when its one of your own players.
    I like Bartley but Berra is the bigger loss out the two. And out for much longer as well

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I can still easily laugh at Berra, while having sympathy for one of our players.

You printing off t-shirts to wear in support of Berra aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    You printing off t-shirts to wear in support of Berra aye?

You just answered your own question...

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    So it’s our fault that Marvin Bartley got injured because some people found it funny when the captain of our rivals got injured a few days before...

Away and don’t talk *****.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    So it’s our fault that Marvin Bartley got injured because some people found it funny when the captain of our rivals got injured a few days before...

Away and don’t talk *****.

Nah its nobodies fault he got injured. Just saying folk were laughing at Berra getting injured, not so funny now when it happens to one of our own when we are already short on midfielders who can play the Bartley role.

Nah its nobodies fault he got injured. Just saying folk were laughing at Berra getting injured, not so funny now when it happens to one of our own when we are already short on midfielders who can play the Bartley role.
    I dont know who you are talking for here, but i find Berras injury just as funny today as i did on saturday?

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    I wasn’t referencing your post, more the guy who was talking about ‘karma’ and all that pish.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

I make no apology for laughing at Berras injury.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Yeah. That's where I was on this. I'm not sure why he has suddenly been pitched as the answer. It's Scott Allan we need badly IMO.

Aye but i bet your not laughing now?

I dont know who you are talking for here, but i find Berras injury just as funny today as i did on saturday?
    Bartley got injured on a plastic pitch playing away in Europe.

Berra got injured at home catching his feet in grass his manager kept over-long in an attempt to stop good football being played.

If I was to laugh at one of them I'd laugh at the one laden with irony.

First Team Regular
    I have supported Hibs for well over 60 years and in that time I have never wished any player from any club a bad injury.

So i'll cancel your Berra T-shirt too then...