hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure it was Brian McLaughlin that covered the game and he's a dyed in the wool Jambo.

Just sayin'
    No he didn’t write the piece with “dismal’. His piece said more positives than negatives from campaign.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    I thought we should have done so much better. 3rd goal was fortunate for them, other two was poor defending.

If we have performed to our capabilities, we'd be playing zenit next week. We have the tie away, for me, that's dismal unfortunately.
    We were well in the game and there was never 3 goals in it. Losing Bartley didn't help us defensively.

Mikey Stewart summed it up for me on Twitter.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    It's been emotional. Going to miss the two games a week for a bit.
    I’m already breaking out in a sweat worrying about what I’m going to do next Thursday 🙈

Anyone book flights to Minsk?

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Disapointed to be out, but how good was it to have a wee European run? It’s not like it happens without fail every single year. It’s brought a bit of money in, lifted the club profile and given the fans a couple of memorable nights.

I would still like to see the squad strengthened further, but I’m looking forward to the next game on Sunday.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    evry european night at ER has been special no matter who we've played

Nothing much in the first leg. They bring their best player back and we sell ours, game over. Midfield a big problem Slivka while technically decent goes missing. Can't lose three top midfielders and not replace with some class.

Sorry if I'm covering something already said but I have no regrets with that 2nd leg. We set out positively which imo was our only option considering our style of play. Gutted it didn't pay off but glad we didn't shy away from the tie. We may have missed chances and gave away cheap goals but any side that keeps 2 consecutive clean sheets against a side like ours deserves respect and I wish Molde all the best in the next round. We were capable of beating them but it wasn't to be. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    Nothing much in the first leg. They bring their best player back and we sell ours, game over. Midfield a big problem Slivka while technically decent goes missing. Can't lose three top midfielders and not replace with some class.

Pretty much spot on, we are about 3 players short in the squad, we have lost 2 players who were the heartbeat of the team and not replaced them, Mallan is a pretty decent player but it's looking more and more likely that Slivka is not going to be what we need in the middle. I had high hopes for him but no matter how technical a player you are, he just doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck and Bartley although does the dirty tackling etc is poor technically with his distribution, a mixture of both is needed, we look very lightweight right now.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Disappointed to go out and frustrated because we didn’t give a performance that we’re capable off. A bit naive over the two legs I thought. Having said that, this team are 6 European games better off. We have to make sure we are there next year and hopefully we can go a couple games further. We’ll be better for the experience this year.

Btw special mention to the fans who were there - could hear them loud and clear at the end of the game doing the club proud, Hibs Class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Was just about to post the same.

Some real drivel being spouted on the match thread.

Match day threads are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Pretty much spot on, we are about 3 players short in the squad, we have lost 2 players who were the heartbeat of the team and not replaced them, Mallan is a pretty decent player but it's looking more and more likely that Slivka is not going to be what we need in the middle. I had high hopes for him but no matter how technical a player you are, he just doesn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck and Bartley although does the dirty tackling etc is poor technically with his distribution, a mixture of both is needed, we look very lightweight right now.

Sure, but a bit of patience and support is needed.

We’ve lost three first choice midfielders from last season. It takes a little time to put a team back together.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_NYC View Post
    We just need to make sure that these European runs become a yearly thing. I really enjoyed it while it lasted, and hopefully, we can experience it again next year (third place in the SPL has to be the target).
    Regular appearances will help the players to improve. This year will have helped the development of the younger players like Porteous and Shaw, given them something to aim at. It will also help players like Kamberi and Mallan that we have on multi-year deals - they should be looking to qualify next year and put this experience to good use. Hopefully we get a similar draw to this year, where the first 3 rounds were all eminently winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Sure, but a bit of patience and support is needed.

We’ve lost three first choice midfielders from last season. It takes a little time to put a team back together.

I've been very patient, I've not added to any threads relating to players coming or going as I have been patient but now starting to think we need to ramp up our signings as the squad isn't as good as last season and is pretty thin on the ground re quality.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ToffeeCabbage View Post
    Sorry if I'm covering something already said but I have no regrets with that 2nd leg. We set out positively which imo was our only option considering our style of play. Gutted it didn't pay off but glad we didn't shy away from the tie. We may have missed chances and gave away cheap goals but any side that keeps 2 consecutive clean sheets against a side like ours deserves respect and I wish Molde all the best in the next round. We were capable of beating them but it wasn't to be. GGTTH

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Onwards and upwards - here's to qualifying again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I've been very patient, I've not added to any threads relating to players coming or going as I have been patient but now starting to think we need to ramp up our signings as the squad isn't as good as last season and is pretty thin on the ground re quality.

Agree that we could do with another midfielder but it’s too early to judge where we are.

How will the new wingers integrate into the team? We simply don’t know. Hyland ditto.

Mallan has started brightly but is still adapting to new surroundings.

Slivka has disappointed so far but time to write him off? Don’t think so.

Patience and positivity!