hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lennon and the players

well done guys . has been great to be involved and win some European ties. tonight was just a step too far

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Was just about to post the same.

Some real drivel being spouted on the match thread.

They did well to get through Asteras to get this game . I didnt think we had much chance . Its been our best run in europe in a long time , well done lads

we are all hurting a bit . tie was winnable but we have went out to a good side and far from embarrassed ourselves

Left by mutual consent!
    No shame at all

Testimonial Due
    yeah lots of drivel on the match thread....

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Cannot agree enough! Phenomenal effort and just came up against better opposition.

Wish Molde all the best and hope they make the group stages.

We lost to a better team. It happens.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Good adventure while it lasted and valuable experience for the players. We go forward and want more.
    Neil will make sure of it.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lost to a better team. It happens.
    Personally I dont think they were really that much better, took their chances we didnt, good luck to them.

Hibs and proud, thanks for the ride lads, back to home glory now.

Pocketed a good wedge of cash and the players would of learnt a lot. Hopefully we can kick on this season and have another crack next year

Exactly, well done to all involved, there should be no silly knee jerk over reaction by the fans.

If chances taken could have been different, but no real shame tonight and no need for doom and gloom.

Well done lads.
    Molde are seasoned Europa stalwarts. No shame whatsoever.
    GGTTH 😁

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Yip, well done Hibernian. Three great European nights with about 45,000 Hibs fans through the door. Nothing to be ashamed about with the result tonight. Onwards and upwards, some folk want us to be Barcelona overnight but where we are going will take us a few years but we as a club are in the right track on and off the field

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    It's been emotional. Going to miss the two games a week for a bit.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    For a first run at it in a while, it went no bad.

Bit of experience, and bonding in the middle of the park will improve further.

We could have beat them though, too naive at times. Wasteful too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    well done guys . has been great to be involved and win some European ties. tonight was just a step too far
    Well done boys, let's now focus on the league......

Left by mutual consent! Disco Dave's Avatar
    They were there for the taking tonight, first half I thought we were by far the better team. It might have been a different story if we had went in 0-0 at HT but it wasn't to be sadly. I could disect the game more and pick flaws if I wanted too but I dont think it would be deserved, bright season ahead

Left by mutual consent!
    Gave us a taster for next season's run.

Can be proud. The adventure was going to end sometime. It's been amazing and the club will benefit from it. Puts us in good stead for another crack next season.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I thoroughly enjoyed the run. The last minute winner from Kamberi v Asteras will stay long in the memory.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member HFC_NYC's Avatar
    We just need to make sure that these European runs become a yearly thing. I really enjoyed it while it lasted, and hopefully, we can experience it again next year (third place in the SPL has to be the target).

Left by mutual consent!
    Good effort from Hibs just one match too far. We made some good money did ourselves proud and we can now concentrate on the SPL and making sure we are playing in Europe again.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the run. The last minute winner from Kamberi v Asteras will stay long in the memory.
    Exactly, good post And SJM's goal away in Greece

Perspective isn't a word you often see on .net.............but we've just lost a two leg tie with a good team from Norway, whereas Hearts lost to a team from Malta, The Rangers lost to a team from Luxembourg and a Rodgers Celtic side away to a team from Gibralter.........and some are saying our loss tonight is embarrassing

I'm hoping it's given the players, and players coming in, a taste for more Superb pre-season and the fans home and away have done us proud

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I thought we were done when we were two nil down at home to Asteras. This squad has quality, fight and heart - our manager has all that and more. Tonight was just a game too far for us.

Free midweek next week and more time in training with Lennon will do us the world of good. As will the quality of player that will inevitably arrive.

Proud of everyone involved in the club. Nights like the last few Thursdays were a distant dream for many years.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    3-0 defeat to molde saves us a hiding off zenit anyway

The Thursday/ Sunday routine was going to take its toll at some point this early in the season, especially with new players settling in and at the same time attempting to replace the best midfield (by common consent) in Scotland. If your glass is half-full, Lennon can now concentrate on playing his best team every weekend.

The Euro qualifers situation is ludicrous, but I suppose there's little point moaning about it when that's what we're trying to achieve through our league position every year! Was much easier to manage in the 'good old days' though.

Decent run. Getting through two ties and falling to a decent side is nothing to be ashamed of.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, no shame in losing to a good side who I suspect will do pretty well in the group stages. An early goal for Hibs would have made things interesting but ultimately they were too strong. BBC report describes it as a 'dismal' defeat which is well off the mark.

Good effort in Europe overall and will hopefully inspire the players to be back next year.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Yep, no shame in losing to a good side who I suspect will do pretty well in the group stages. An early goal for Hibs would have made things interesting but ultimately they were too strong. BBC report describes it as a 'dismal' defeat which is well off the mark.

Good effort in Europe overall and will hopefully inspire the players to be back next year.
    Pretty sure they have next to no chance of reaching the group stages