hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Lennon is talking bollox, we know we have some money, so its obvious the other clubs will know it too.

Managers lie, its not a secret they do, and i'm surprised folk on here keep falling for it?

We will bring in some players, we will also let a few go too, loans and maybe permanents?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by londonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd give him it. He's worth it. Failing that £7k a week and a night a week for his contract with each of the wives/girlfriends of all Hibs.net private members/ITKers (Disclosure: I'm not a PM or ITKer...)
    No way would i be spending 10k a week on Mulumbu, it is miles above our pay scale and I just don't see him as being worth setting of a heep of wage problems for, if we are going to pay a wage like that there will others with similar ability at a better age than him.

We knew for months what the situation was going to be in the midfield. We should have had players targeted for it.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    No way would i be spending 10k a week on Mulumbu, it is miles above our pay scale and I just don't see him as being worth setting of a heep of wage problems for, if we are going to pay a wage like that there will others with similar ability at a better age than him.
    10k a week on him? Who’s quoting that? He hasn’t got a club. That’s how good he is. Fk me.

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you btw lol. Was just quoting the 10k part.

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Think some need to chill. That was never a 3 nil game. We gifted the first, second came from a terrible corner, taken by Hanlon?!? Then a 30 yard run when no one clipped him, then a fluke pass right under the keeper. The third is a huge deflection right to their man. We put 4 quality balls into 6 yard box that no one followed in, Mclaren hit the post. We weren’t great but no awful. We need another CH if big Daz humped. An attacking midfielder like Allan, a left back and another forward. That’s if we’re being greedy. We probably have enough to be in the top 5, but to get into Europe again, as Lennon said, we need to spend. But it’s not anywhere near as bad as some are making out.
    Agreed. But surely top priority a box to box midfielder/lynchpin type?

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Agreed. But surely top priority a box to box midfielder/lynchpin type?
    Yeah like I said, an Allan type would be ideal. I don’t think we’re a million miles away. But not anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Bad defeat on paper yes, actual evidence, no. We miss that creativity of Allan and the drive of McGinn. There’s players out there, we have two weeks left to find them. Panic come September when the obvious is still missing is what I’m thinking. Lennon knows what he’s doing. Plus, Slivka is much more affective further forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Also saying we don't have a lot of money? What the ****
    What's a lot of money? That's the problem to move to the next level money

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Between you and NL I know who talks the most *****
    Hmm at what point have I spoke *****? Cause I've repeated what lennon said in his interview & said hopefully he's talking *****?

👍🏼

If red bull salzburg had bothered to spend some cash we would probably be through.

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    That was, of course, tongue in cheek. Seriously, he's worth £5k a week at least. Cracking player who would anchor our midfield and provide class and experience we are missing. Rest of comments re Dundee's man stand.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Yeah like I said, an Allan type would be ideal. I don’t think we’re a million miles away. But not anywhere near as bad as some are making out. Bad defeat on paper yes, actual evidence, no. We miss that creativity of Allan and the drive of McGinn. There’s players out there, we have two weeks left to find them. Panic come September when the obvious is still missing is what I’m thinking. Lennon knows what he’s doing. Plus, Slivka is much more affective further forward.
    I’m not sure Slivka is that affective anywhere to be honest. Not consistently anyway. To me we need to replace him with a powerhouse of a midfielder.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Hmm at what point have I spoke *****? Cause I've repeated what lennon said in his interview & said hopefully he's talking *****?

👍🏼
    More the fact that you can't read in between the lines, as I replied to you previously he wasn't going to come out and say we've plenty money is he?

That was, of course, tongue in cheek. Seriously, he's worth £5k a week at least. Cracking player who would anchor our midfield and provide class and experience we are missing. Rest of comments re Dundee's man stand.
    5k a week on someone who’s played a dozen games at Killie and who now doesn’t haven’t a club?

He was one of the best players in the league last year. He’d be worth making our top earner IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Lennon is talking bollox, we know we have some money, so its obvious the other clubs will know it too.

Managers lie, its not a secret they do, and i'm surprised folk on here keep falling for it?

We will bring in some players, we will also let a few go too, loans and maybe permanents?
    So what you saying ?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m not sure Slivka is that affective anywhere to be honest. Not consistently anyway. To me we need to replace him with a powerhouse of a midfielder.
    Yip. His recent run of games have shown why he hasn’t been given a run before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Not saying he’s the answer, but doesn’t help that we continually play him out of position. Even tonight he was sitting deep

Had a bit tidier second half tonight. But he’s getting played here, there and everywhere. He can’t settle into a role. The boy has talent. We need to find a system that brings that talent out. We need to forget about Mcginn and Dylan and find a new way to play with what we have.

Left by mutual consent!
    1. Lennon said we need investment - he means we need to invest in the squad. We know it, he knows it. Hibs know it. Some people have taken this to mean we need outside investment, that is not true.

2. Lennon said we don't have much money after speaking about losing Mcginn - he means we don't have the money to replace Mcginn like for like as other clubs do. Which is true.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    So what you saying ?
    Managers lie, we will sign players but the manager is not going to shout out from the rooftops that we are loaded.

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    He was one of the best players in the league last year. He’d be worth making our top earner IMO.
    Two posts, differing opinions Cal. Which one you with. I agree with your second post. I don't think Killie got nearly the best of him last year and he was head and shoulders their best player.
    Based on you referring to Mulumbu, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Managers lie, we will sign players but the manager is not going to shout out from the rooftops that we are loaded.
    Sorry I was being a widoe, you were stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not saying he’s the answer, but doesn’t help that we continually play him out of position. Even tonight he was sitting deep
    I’m not really sure what his position is. It’s 100% not out wide, that much is certain, but where does he play in the middle? To me he’s not a number 10, he’s nowhere near sharp enough for it, he doesn’t get involved enough to be a box to box midfielder and he never gets close enough to his man to be a sitting midfielder. He’s by no means the worst player I’ve seen at Hibs but he’s the absolute definition of average imo.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Sorry I was being a widoe, you were stating the obvious.

to be fair, some folk need it pointed out and rammed up their nose.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s been a decent run in Europe but it’s clear that the midfield needs strengthened.
    Slivka and Bartley are not good enough anymore. It’s time to spend to bring in Kamara or Mulumbu or similar quality.
    It’s time to show we have the ambition to match Lennon’s ambition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely - we have bled an immense amount of midfield quality in McGinn and McGeough and that told tonight. We lost our best player in McGinn for the first leg but so did Molde in Haland. Molde hung onto Haland for now and he was the difference tonight just as McGinn was the difference for us against the Greeks.

I thought the team fought manfully tonight and didn't disgrace themselves - but we need to fill that McGinn/McGeough hole just to stand still from last season and that is the challenge for Lennon and the rest of the team. Record budget yes - and we are going to have to use it!

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I’m not really sure what his position is. It’s 100% not out wide, that much is certain, but where does he play in the middle? To me he’s not a number 10, he’s nowhere near sharp enough for it, he doesn’t get involved enough to be a box to box midfielder and he never gets close enough to his man to be a sitting midfielder. He’s by no means the worst player I’ve seen at Hibs but he’s the absolute definition of average imo.
    Jack of all trades master of none. He’s neat and tidy, and can look elegant at times but don’t think he has any real influence, good or bad, on most games he plays. Does some good stuff, some bad, but neither to the degree that it has much influence on the result.

First Team Regular
    10k a week on him? Who’s quoting that? He hasn’t got a club. That’s how good he is. Fk me.

Sorry that wasn’t aimed at you btw lol. Was just quoting the 10k part.
    That’s what I heard from good source. He’s not got a club due to his wage demands, not his footballing ability. He was on £20k a week originally. An English team will give him that no bother especially if desperate at end of the window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    That’s what I heard from good source. He’s not got a club due to his wage demands, not his footballing ability. He was on £20k a week originally. An English team will give him that no bother especially if desperate at end of the window.
    Rumours of West Brom wanting him. Wouldn't surprise me.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    More the fact that you can't read in between the lines, as I replied to you previously he wasn't going to come out and say we've plenty money is he?
    I wouldn't expect him to but it's a strange thing to say if we do have money, he could've just not passed comment on how much money we have altogether

Left by mutual consent!
    I am disappointed on going out but I think we have great players who had an off night. We definitely need a couple of more players but going forward our performance v St Johnstone is far more relevant than that of Molde.

It is up to NL and the club to ensure we improve on last season regardless of the sale of SJM.