hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Mallan needs removing from this criticism of our midfield. More quality is needed to compliment him, not replace him.
    Mallan is fine. We're just soft in the middle of the park. Need a tough tackler / enforcer / ball winner to sit alongside him. Slivka/Hyndman/Bartley/ Whitty are not the answer.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Reality is we had an absolute dream midfield trio from Jan 2018.

We have lost all three and at best replaced one of them (Mallan). Slivka and Hyndman and Barker all have a part to play this season but IF we are truly serious about competing in top 3 then we need to bring in Scott Allan and a driving dynamic midfielder like Kamara or Mulumbu.

Kamberi is carrying an injury, Maclaren is not fully match fit and Horgan was not signed in time. With the winger from Man City and Boyle more often than not consistent I think we fine up at top end and wide.

Defensively we have options especially when Macgregor but my 3rd priority would be another centre half.

Just get the deals done Hibs. It’s no coincidence we have drawn 2 and lost 1 scoring 1 goal in last 3 games since SJM left.
    I wonder if the sticking point could end up as not identifying the right player(s) or not biting the bullet and splashing the cash?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I've no doubt that there will be minskies saying it's embarrassing to lose to a team who have won the Europa cup. Questioning the commitment of their players, questioning the signing policies, calling each other yams or whatever their local rivals are. It's surely the way of things
    Strangely, their local rivals used to be owned by one Mr. Romanov.

So... what's Belarusian for LTYF?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Mallan is fine. We're just soft in the middle of the park. Need a tough tackler / enforcer / ball winner to sit alongside him. Slivka/Hyndman/Bartley/ Whitty are not the answer.
    Mallan will be a huge player for us this season. Will score more than most SPL forwards.

Get Lafferty in!!!

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    Malumbu has been holding out for £10k a week that’s why no one has signed him. He was on £20k per week down south. Maybe an English championship team will take him towards end of window.

I'd give him it. He's worth it. Failing that £7k a week and a night a week for his contract with each of the wives/girlfriends of all Hibs.net private members/ITKers (Disclosure: I'm not a PM or ITKer...)

@hibs.net private member
    What I don't understand is the kind of players we've brought in this summer and how they will fit into our formation.

Despite generally playing 3-5-2 we've now got 3 wingers in the squad but only 1 defensive midfielder in Marv, who I don't actually think Lennon rates that much. We have no one to cover for Lewis should he get a bad injury.

Bar Porteous our defence are all late 20s or early 30s and I'm not sure we can get a full season out them anymore.

We also miss Scott Allan big time. He was absolutely vital in bringing the best out of both McLaren and especially Kamberi. They looked lost tonight without him pulling the strings. If we can get him back, sign someone like Kamara and another defender then I'll breathe a lot easier.

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    What I don't understand is the kind of players we've brought in this summer and how they will fit into our formation.

Despite generally playing 3-5-2 we've now got 3 wingers in the squad but only 1 defensive midfielder in Marv, who I don't actually think Lennon rates that much. We have no one to cover for Lewis should he get a bad injury.

Bar Porteous our defence are all late 20s or early 30s and I'm not sure we can get a full season out them anymore.

We also miss Scott Allan big time. He was absolutely vital in bringing the best out of both McLaren and especially Kamberi. They looked lost tonight without him pulling the strings. If we can get him back, sign someone like Kamara and another defender then I'll breathe a lot easier.
    Totally agree on the defence, Said it on another thread, new CB, youngish, but definitely fast and hard RB and LB needed pronto.

Quote Originally Posted by londonhibby View Post
    Totally agree on the defence, Said it on another thread, new CB, youngish, but definitely fast and hard RB and LB needed pronto.
    Wonder if we could entice Gunnerson back to Hibs, donno what he is doing just now but this could be the time when we would be in a position to give him much more game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I’m amazed at the amount of people that right off criticism as bed wetting. We’re not in a terrible situation, we need more of the right players in. Nothing wrong to say that.
    Agreed. Tonight feels like the end of a fantastic upward spiral since May 16, Brondby, promotion, competing for 2nd, Euro qualification and a great Euro run. Natural for folk to feel disappointed and vent a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    It’s almost as if 3 of the best midfielders in Scotland were ripped from our team and we’re having to try new players in new systems. Mental, ay? Just say “No!” To knee jerk reactions!
    Not "almost", we "did!" have our entire midfield ripped from our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Mallan will be a huge player for us this season. Will score more than most SPL forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Not "almost", we "did!" have our entire midfield ripped from our team.
    We haven’t even tried to replace McGeogh though and we have known he wasn’t coming back since last season. We have about two weeks to get in a defensive mid or we will struggle this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Agreed. Tonight feels like the end of a fantastic upward spiral since May 16, Brondby, promotion, competing for 2nd, Euro qualification and a great Euro run. Natural for folk to feel disappointed and vent a little.
    Yup, it's the hope that kills you! I know that sounds silly but the club has raised expectations over the last few years. That's great and why we are getting record crowds. But with that comes added pressure. I'm not devastated after tonight but do worry a little that we've hit a high point and it's going to be tough from here on out.

Let’s get a bit of perspective here.

2 years ago we were in the lower leagues. Now we have got through 2 rounds in Europe.

Let’s stop moaning and get behind the team. I’m sure additional players will come in

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    You can't replace McGinn and McGeouch with Mallan/Bartley/Slivka. No more signings and we'll be battling it out for top 6 this season.
    Behave.

There’s inevitably going to be more discussion and a bit of venting after a bad result. Simple fact is there’s more to say when things go ‘wrong’. Obviously some take it too far but I find the sarcastic sniping almost as annoying as the ‘bedwetting’.

For me there’s an increasing feeling that the 2 horse race/duopoly/Old Fim dominance might be creeping ever closer to coming back and it’s a bit of a frustrating feeling. Maybe we have reached a plateau after a few years of rapid improvement and whilst it’s nice to arrive, and it’s better to be where we are than where we started, I always feel a bit melancholy after a long journey.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    With all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here after a loss to an experienced side on a plastic pitch, I'd love to see the Minsk fans forums.

4-0 up after the first leg and they lose 8-1 playing against 10 men for the majority of the second half and extra time.

Carnage.

More than a bit suspect.

Lennon saying he needs investment in his post match interview.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3078565/hibs-neil-lennon-two-players-thin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We haven’t even tried to replace McGeogh though and we have known he wasn’t coming back since last season. We have about two weeks to get in a defensive mid or we will struggle this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We didn't know 100% that Dylan was leaving. He was a Hibs played up till very recently. At one point during the summer there was hope he was going to resign for us. We will replace these guys but it will be tough and unlikely to be an overnight thing, just as it wasn't overnight that Dylan, John and Scott became the best midfield in Scotland

Tonight was always going to be a very difficult task. Imo Molde would win our league. They are a very good footballing side and yet we had chances home and away to beat them.

Why are we using that as a stick to beat the club with? Any club that loses players of the quality of the midfield trio we had would struggle and we dont operate in the money's no object EPL unfortunately

With that midfield trio we'd have qualified imo that's how pivotal they were to our play. Mcginn's drive and long range passes. Dylan's composure on the ball and passing. Allan's vision and passing. All so good and important to our play

We need to find that replacement for Mcginn. Dont know who but he should already be identified. We have a squad of international's and I'm delighted with the squad we've assembled for the season ahead

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3078565/hibs-neil-lennon-two-players-thin/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
    Also saying we don't have a lot of money? What the ****

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post

That must make him a "bed wetter", no?

Not having a go at you btw

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Think that’s more to do with us paying inflated prices if other clubs know what we have to spend tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    I think slivka and mallan where more than good enough tonight . just need someone in there beside then who can control the game. I'm more worried about efe at the back and our strikers just don't look dangerous enough
    Aye, no question we are an unsettled side right now. Id not be surprised to see both the players you mention have great seasons providing the system, personel and confidence is right. Our strikers might need a bit of time to get back in their stride. Its been a chop change start.

He’s probably not wrong. We spent money on both Mallan and Kamberi and will have significantly increased our wage bill in the last 2/3 years.

We’ll have money to spend but relative to Rangers and Aberdeen we are still a bit behind. That’s who we want to be competing with and for various reasons both have a bit more financial clout than us.

He’s also probably playing the media after a disappointing defeat again into the bargain.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Think some need to chill. That was never a 3 nil game. We gifted the first, second came from a terrible corner, taken by Hanlon?!? Then a 30 yard run when no one clipped him, then a fluke pass right under the keeper. The third is a huge deflection right to their man. We put 4 quality balls into 6 yard box that no one followed in, Mclaren hit the post. We weren’t great but no awful. We need another CH if big Daz humped. An attacking midfielder like Allan, a left back and another forward. That’s if we’re being greedy. We probably have enough to be in the top 5, but to get into Europe again, as Lennon said, we need to spend. But it’s not anywhere near as bad as some are making out.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He’s probably not wrong. We spent money on both Mallan and Kamberi and will have significantly increased our wage bill in the last 2/3 years.

We’ll have money to spend but relative to Rangers and Aberdeen we are still a bit behind. That’s who we want to be competing with and for various reasons both have a bit more financial clout than us.

He’s also probably playing the media after a disappointing defeat again into the bargain.
    We've made a sizeable bit of extra income so hopefully he's talking *****

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Yeah, he should have said we have ****loads of money.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    We've made a sizeable bit of extra income so hopefully he's talking *****
    Between you and NL I know who talks the most *****