hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    why is david gray no playing,should have been in there imo.mans got the heart of a lion and sadly that was lacking tonight.
    Because he joined the group late after having a baby early Wednesday morning, I presume he would have been knackered and missed a lot of the prep work for the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty Leither View Post
    We seem to go into crucial games/phases of the season light on players in key positions.

We consistently get bullied up top by teams like Hearts and St Johnstone and we never seem to address it by signing players to counter that type of approach.

Nobody is asking the club to spend millions, I'd just like the cloak of caution which has been this Board's leitmotif since as long as I can remember to be loosened to consolidate where we are now, especially given the cash we've brought in this last wee while, that's all.
    What, like they've already started doing in this transfer window you mean?

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by FitbaFolkKen View Post
    Because he joined the group late after having a baby early Wednesday morning, I presume he would have been knackered and missed a lot of the prep work for the game.
    You with your facts and such.

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    You're asking way to much there AMC. I don't think it's even a bad defeat BTW. In development terms we are still way ahead of where we should be at this stage having come up from the Championship.

Nudge over a bit so I can join you on that dry patch of the bed.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Mclatency and kimberley non existent.We never turned up.
    I know that I take my time getting used to the names of new players, but......who?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I agree with the OP. This isn't panic, we've lost 3 very, very good midfielders and its going to take either some canny signings or a bit of cash to replace them. My opinion would be the same even if we'd gone through tonight.

We have a lot of attacking midfielders and wide players but Bartley went off today and we had no one to replace him. Equally our defence is creaking and that's not just tonight, we've been leaking far too many goals for months now.

I think this squad is good but right now I can't see us finishing higher than last year.
    Would tend to agree with this, while there is understandable emphasis on our midfield post Dylan and SJM, when we play opposition that has even the slightest movement up front we dont seem to be able to cope with it, this was the same at the end of last season. Efes lack defensive mobility alarms me at times, love the guy but I'd at least like to see another defensive option the squad. If a team plays three at the back speed and mobility are important, Im not sure we have it.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    No we are perfectly fine. Don't need to sign anyone
    I knew that sarcasm was the lowest form of wit, but somehow you've managed to take it to a whole new level.

Lennon has already stated that we're working on a couple of things, but they take time. If you can suggest a way for Hibs to speed things up, I'm sure the board would love to hear from you.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

cheers didny read that. at least there was a reason he didny play the night.

Mental how we couldn't seamlessly replace about 7 or 8 million pounds worth of talent.
    Actually its super easy , Barely an inconvenience . We have Scott Martin and Danny Swanson for collateral im sure we can swap them both for an international quality midfielder or 2

A midfielder with a bit drive and grit please.

As it stands the midfield just isn’t right at the minute. I’m sure if I can see it then NL can too and it’s being worked on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Paying a fee for Scott Allan wouldn't exactly bankrupt us now would it? He would definitely improve our midfield. Also sign Malumba, showed how good he is last year for Killie. As a free agent would only be a signing- On fee. Get those two into it midfield wouldn't cost the earth and would make the difference between struggling for top 6 and challenging for top 3/4.
    Malumbu has been holding out for £10k a week that’s why no one has signed him. He was on £20k per week down south. Maybe an English championship team will take him towards end of window.

Stubbs will still have feelings for hibs surely? Could he not take Whittaker on loan and free up a wage?

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Paying a fee for Scott Allan wouldn't exactly bankrupt us now would it? He would definitely improve our midfield. Also sign Malumba, showed how good he is last year for Killie. As a free agent would only be a signing- On fee. Get those two into it midfield wouldn't cost the earth and would make the difference between struggling for top 6 and challenging for top 3/4.
    Are those players for sale?

Do they want to play for us?

Do their clubs want them to sell to us?

How much is "not costing the earth"?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Stubbs will still have feelings for hibs surely? Could he not take Whittaker on loan and free up a wage?
    Whittaker, Martin, and Swanson for Magennis. Seems fair to me!

Mental how we couldn't seamlessly replace about 7 or 8 million pounds worth of talent.
    It's not seamless That is just a fact What I am saying is that we have lost the best midfield in Scotland. I m not expecting Hibs to pay Millions to replace it. But if you are happy with the
    Status Quo. Then fine. When we had a chance to progress perhaps we did not take it. We will be where we are at the end of the season. Then you can reflect on the If's and Why's. Me I just want Hibs and Neil Lennon to be I the mix.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We need one more midfielder who can link the defence and midfield then we’d have a really good squad.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    It’s almost as if 3 of the best midfielders in Scotland were ripped from our team and we’re having to try new players in new systems. Mental, ay? Just say “No!” To knee jerk reactions!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    A midfielder with a bit drive and grit please.

As it stands the midfield just isn’t right at the minute. I’m sure if I can see it then NL can too and it’s being worked on.
    Absolutely
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Whittaker, Martin, and Swanson for Magennis. Seems fair to me!
    Good luck getting those players to agree to the move! Swanson I could just about see, but not the other 2.

I take the point that there’s always going to be bumps in the road replacing players of that quality.

However that’s life at a club like Hibs. If you get a few goods ones you almost have to start planning to replace them right away because 2 or 3 seasons is about your lot. I’m sure there is plenty work going on but, and I’ve said this elsewhere; Mallan, Slivka and Bartley v McGinn, McGeough and Allan is a pretty clear pointer as to where some of our issues lie. There’s not a wealth of talent sitting in the wings fighting for a place in that central midfield either. Hyndman hasn’t played a lot, Whittaker and Swanson don’t seem the answer and I think Horgan is more of a wide type.

It’s going to be an interesting 2 weeks trying to get a bit of balance to the side.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I’m amazed at the amount of people that right off criticism as bed wetting. We’re not in a terrible situation, we need more of the right players in. Nothing wrong to say that.

With all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here after a loss to an experienced side on a plastic pitch, I'd love to see the Minsk fans forums.

4-0 up after the first leg and they lose 8-1 playing against 10 men for the majority of the second half and extra time.

Carnage.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 16-08-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foritza View Post
    It's not seamless That is just a fact What I am saying is that we have lost the best midfield in Scotland. I m not expecting Hibs to pay Millions to replace it. But if you are happy with the
    Status Quo. Then fine. When we had a chance to progress perhaps we did not take it. We will be where we are at the end of the season. Then you can reflect on the If's and Why's. Me I just want Hibs and Neil Lennon to be I the mix.
    I never said I was happy but we have lost the best midfield in Scotland. On our budget that is nigh on impossible to replace is the point. We were never going to have a midfield of the same calibre this season but I think Neil has looked to balance that out by strengthening wide areas and up top.

I think losing Bartley tonight caused a major imbalance in our team and we had 3 central midfielders, none of which are defensive minded, that didn't really know how to play together.

I take the point that there’s always going to be bumps in the road replacing players of that quality.

However that’s life at a club like Hibs. If you get a few goods ones you almost have to start planning to replace them right away because 2 or 3 seasons is about your lot. I’m sure there is plenty work going on but, and I’ve said this elsewhere; Mallan, Slivka and Bartley v McGinn, McGeough and Allan is a pretty clear pointer as to where some of our issues lie. There’s not a wealth of talent sitting in the wings fighting for a place in that central midfield either. Hyndman hasn’t played a lot, Whittaker and Swanson don’t seem the answer and I think Horgan is more of a wide type.

It’s going to be an interesting 2 weeks trying to get a bit of balance to the side.
    I think the investment in forward players is to strengthen the squad realising that the central midfield will not carry us like last season. We may need to play a different system but I'm confident that our management team will get it right and we will be back here next season.

I agree with your assessment of the side (midfield particularly) being unbalanced, I think recruitment for the midfield berths has been a bit haphazard thus far and I hope additional recruits will bring the balance in there we require.

The defence definitely requires strengthening too, but this seems to have been completely overlooked so far.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Does anyone seriously think we won't spend (even more) money this window?

Or are people just being overly dramatic?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    With all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here after a loss to an experienced side on a plastic pitch, I'd love to see the Minsk fans forums.

4-0 up after the first leg and they lose 8-1 playing against 10 men for the majority of the second half and extra time.

Carnage.
    I've no doubt that there will be minskies saying it's embarrassing to lose to a team who have won the Europa cup. Questioning the commitment of their players, questioning the signing policies, calling each other yams or whatever their local rivals are. It's surely the way of things

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I’m amazed at the amount of people that right off criticism as bed wetting. We’re not in a terrible situation, we need more of the right players in. Nothing wrong to say that.
    Quite simply because some of the criticism isn't constructive. It's bed wetting at it's best.

[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;5518490]With all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here after a loss to an experienced side on a plastic pitch, I'd love to see the Minsk fans forums.

Stewards enquiry if I ever I saw one with that result!

Reality is we had an absolute dream midfield trio from Jan 2018.

We have lost all three and at best replaced one of them (Mallan). Slivka and Hyndman and Barker all have a part to play this season but IF we are truly serious about competing in top 3 then we need to bring in Scott Allan and a driving dynamic midfielder like Kamara or Mulumbu.

Kamberi is carrying an injury, Maclaren is not fully match fit and Horgan was not signed in time. With the winger from Man City and Boyle more often than not consistent I think we fine up at top end and wide.

Defensively we have options especially when Macgregor but my 3rd priority would be another centre half.

Just get the deals done Hibs. It’s no coincidence we have drawn 2 and lost 1 scoring 1 goal in last 3 games since SJM left.