hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    if people want shot of Bartley and slivka (i dont btw)surely we must move on Swanson. martin and Whittaker first.

IMO we should try a 4.5.1 formation as some teams get to much joy down the flanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    As it stands we are a marginal top five team. No investment could put us lower. Conversely a bit of imagination in the market could push us into top four.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As it stands we are a marginal top five team. No investment could put us lower. Conversely a bit of imagination in the market could push us into top four.
    Who's top 4 at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Mallan, Kamberi, Horgan. There's 3 we've paid money for so far..
    All three covered by the Euro run. There is money there and it needs spent on our midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    We’ve lost the core of the team we done better than expected wee bit extra money for us, get couple more signings and we’ll go and finish 4th or better

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It’s been a decent run in Europe but it’s clear that the midfield needs strengthened.
    Slivka and Bartley are not good enough anymore. It’s time to spend to bring in Kamara or Mulumbu or similar quality.
    It’s time to show we have the ambition to match Lennon’s ambition.

How much money though Ozy.

We’re not given to paying transfer fees and we’re £500,000 into spending this summer.

I know it’s peanuts but for Hibs it’s a bigger spend than usual.

We have lost one game out of 8?? I havent seen the rest of the SPL.....but id imagine we are comfortably top 4/5?

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Don't get the Efe criticism tonight, thought he once again looked the most competent footballer out there for most of the game.

Can't fault your assessment of the others though.
    unless he can play in the midfield as he is a very good footballer I'd move him on because he was at fault for at least 2 of the goals tonight . I love the man but he is just far to laid back to be a centre back and far too weak

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    All three covered by the Euro run. There is money there and it needs spent on our midfield.

What do you want us to spend exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    No we are perfectly fine. Don't need to sign anyone
    Do you really think that ? perfectly fine for what ? Do you honesty think we will get more points than last season with this current squad. The heart has been ripped out of this squad. Tell me who is going to be our Tallisman at Parkhead, Ipox etc I don't see a Leader in this squad.
    Last edited by Foritza; 16-08-2018 at 07:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Who's top 4 at the moment?
    Pedant

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Don't get the Efe criticism tonight, thought he once again looked the most competent footballer out there for most of the game.

Can't fault your assessment of the others though.
    Agree! I thought Efe looked silky tonight cannae fault him.I can see us struggling to finish top six with that team. As others have pointed out lost SJM, Dylan and Scott Allan. Recruitment team need to pull a rabbit out the hat. We could do worse than sticking in a bid for Scott Allan to test the lie of the land?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    How much money though Ozy.

We’re not given to paying transfer fees and we’re £500,000 into spending this summer.

I know it’s peanuts but for Hibs it’s a bigger spend than usual.
    We have a lot more income than usual now though.
    We surely don’t think that midfield will be good enough. We will be over run against the better teams in the league.

Gonna be a long hard season by the looks of it.

Losing goals like we did tonight is a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    no knee jerk

been clear for weeks slivka spends all game 10 yards off his man...and usually on the wring side of the man.

he reminds me of Antonio Murray
    I’m just thinking if we had gone through, there would be no complaints about our squad. Lennon said he is looking at someone else to come in: Allan possibly? People can’t even agree who played well and who didn’t tonight so which players do we hoik oot and replace? We do need a wee bit steel but most of all, we need a few games for Lennon to decide his best formation. As I said, we lost the 2nd best midfield in our league and we just can’t replace like for like.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    There is something wrong when you look at your midfield 3 and wonder "can they tackle?" and "can they head the ball?"

McGeouch even had a greater bite to his game than our current players (beyond Bartley). We don't necessarily need to replace McGeouch and McGinn with equal quality in terms of passing etc. we need a holding midfielder that tackles and can follow his man! Pretty sure we don't need to spend millions to find one of those!

Enough to get us a centre mid capable of doing a lot better than Slivka, Whittaker or Bartley. We surely have enough for that?

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    So, on the back of 2 league games, you've decided Rangers, Aberdeen and ****ing Hearts are better than us?

Must be great having that kind of confidence in our manager and his team.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Mclatency and kimberley non existent.We never turned up.

We lose a match against a very good side who were clearly stronger and more clinical than us and its all doom and gloom and we are not good enough... Some people need to get a grip. Probably the only team that could compete with Molde in Scotland would be celtic. We haven't become crap because we lost one game in Europe!!

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foritza View Post
    McGiinn Allan & McGeouch . is the difference , These players have not been replaced, you can debate all you want, but THIS is the problem. We have went from the best midfield in the SPL to well, you call it what you want.
    Mental how we couldn't seamlessly replace about 7 or 8 million pounds worth of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Mclatency and kimberley non existent.We never turned up.
    They aren't getting the service they were getting from the midfield last season that's the problem at the moment...give them service an we saw last season what they will do...crucial couple of weeks ahead for Lenny...we deffo need 1 if not 2 more midfielders in the door - I reckon another defender also

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

why is david gray no playing,should have been in there imo.mans got the heart of a lion and sadly that was lacking tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Gonna be a long hard season by the looks of it.

Losing goals like we did tonight is a worry.
    Join in why don't you. A bad defeat and the bed wetting begins. Have a bit of confidence in your club ffs.

We seem to go into crucial games/phases of the season light on players in key positions.

We consistently get bullied up top by teams like Hearts and St Johnstone and we never seem to address it by signing players to counter that type of approach.

Nobody is asking the club to spend millions, I'd just like the cloak of caution which has been this Board's leitmotif since as long as I can remember to be loosened to consolidate where we are now, especially given the cash we've brought in this last wee while, that's all.

Paying a fee for Scott Allan wouldn't exactly bankrupt us now would it? He would definitely improve our midfield. Also sign Malumba, showed how good he is last year for Killie. As a free agent would only be a signing- On fee. Get those two into it midfield wouldn't cost the earth and would make the difference between struggling for top 6 and challenging for top 3/4.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    why is david gray no playing,should have been in there imo.mans got the heart of a lion and sadly that was lacking tonight.
    Agreed. That was the type of game the club captain should have been a part of. We didn’t look particularly threatening up front as it was, so 4-5-1 might have been a better set up. Ah well, hopefully we jump Ross County at the weekend.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with the OP. This isn't panic, we've lost 3 very, very good midfielders and its going to take either some canny signings or a bit of cash to replace them. My opinion would be the same even if we'd gone through tonight.

We have a lot of attacking midfielders and wide players but Bartley went off today and we had no one to replace him. Equally our defence is creaking and that's not just tonight, we've been leaking far too many goals for months now.

I think this squad is good but right now I can't see us finishing higher than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeymike View Post
    We lose a match against a very good side who were clearly stronger and more clinical than us and its all doom and gloom and we are not good enough... Some people need to get a grip. Probably the only team that could compete with Molde in Scotland would be celtic. We haven't become crap because we lost one game in Europe!!
    We have. It's the hibs net way.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Join in why don't you. A bad defeat and the bed wetting begins. Have a bit of confidence in your club ffs.

You're asking way to much there AMC. I don't think it's even a bad defeat BTW. In development terms we are still way ahead of where we should be at this stage having come up from the Championship.

Nudge over a bit so I can join you on that dry patch of the bed.