hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: JOIN US AT EASTER ROAD THIS SUNDAY

2. Log in to remove the advert

A lot of games at the moment and that's going to take its toll on fans wallets and attendances for games like this unfortunately.
    Last edited by keep the faith; 16-08-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of games at the moment and that's going to take its toll on fans wallets and attendances for games like this unfortunately.
    I agree. Could be a very low crowd. I think £20 Is a bit hefty given the 3 midweek European games and the fact many folk will have holiday debt.

Prices should have been lower but then Ross County probably had a say in what was agreed.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Behind the goals open for this ?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    I agree. Could be a very low crowd. I think £20 Is a bit hefty given the 3 midweek European games and the fact many folk will have holiday debt.

Prices should have been lower but then Ross County probably had a say in what was agreed.
    As I said in the initial thread, it was just £15 for Ayr in the same round last year, and with the discount for season ticket holders, it would have gone down to £13.50
    Still think we need to be reducing child prices for these sort of games as well

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    How many sold? Looks like about 4k online.

EDIT - scrap that, looks a lot less than 4k!
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 16-08-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    As I said in the initial thread, it was just £15 for Ayr in the same round last year, and with the discount for season ticket holders, it would have gone down to £13.50
    Still think we need to be reducing child prices for these sort of games as well

To be honest I think both clubs have got the pricing wrong, this could be a record low attendance in recent years.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t know their refund process but of the tickets that were cancelled not a single refund has been received from those I’ve spoken to.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    To be honest I think both clubs have got the pricing wrong, this could be a record low attendance in recent years.
    I think you are right.

I spoke to someone yesterday, a season ticket holder who takes his grandkids to the games, and he said that he just coul$ not afford to go.

Maybe that poster with the great dot counting program can come on and do a dot count for this match?

It costs my mate about £100 a time for non ST games with two kids in tow …. chances are they wont be at this one. Keeping a run in Europe going has its down side, and poor turnouts for games like this is one of them.

If we were to make the group stages I would imagine Hibs will be charging about £30 for an adult ticket, with a possible package deal of £80 for all 3 home games I'm guessing. That being the case I can see it substantially reducing the number of walk up fans we get for league games during that period and reduce substantially our crowds for any cup games.

That will be a pity, but in this day and age of high expense for day to day living, especially if you have kids, hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Don’t know their refund process but of the tickets that were cancelled not a single refund has been received from those I’ve spoken to.
    Refunds normally take around 3-4 working days to recredit an account. The club have no control over that that's how long is takes to go through the banking process.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Behind the goals open for this ?
    Re BTG, the quality of the beer/lager has really gone downhill. For the Molde game last week, what was being served was pretty disgusting to taste. It's on my 'ignore' list.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It costs my mate about £100 a time for non ST games with two kids in tow …. chances are they wont be at this one. Keeping a run in Europe going has its down side, and poor turnouts for games like this is one of them.

If we were to make the group stages I would imagine Hibs will be charging about £30 for an adult ticket, with a possible package deal of £80 for all 3 home games I'm guessing. That being the case I can see it substantially reducing the number of walk up fans we get for league games during that period and reduce substantially our crowds for any cup games.

That will be a pity, but in this day and age of high expense for day to day living, especially if you have kids, hardly surprising.
    £23 for an adult, plus £12 and £12 = £47. How is he spending an extra £53?? I take my two boys and my only other expense is the petrol.

Should note - I'll need to miss this one as I can't afford it as it's a ridiculously expensive time of the year, never mind the football.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    We only had just over 8K for the Ayr United midweek game at the same stage of the tournament last year, think we'll be lucky to get 7K on Sunday. With the three Euro games, plus this, plus two ST payments is £159 on football in the space of a few weeks.

I seriously considered not going but I want to see Hyndman and Horgan getting a run out - hopefully Agyepong as well.

I'll be a last minute decision. I'm spending a fortune on Hibs at the moment and games like the testimonial and Sunday are the ones that might have to give.

If I can justify it on Sunday then I'll just buy on the day.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years