hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Tayside Hibees

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7

Tayside Hibees

Is there many out there? I have just recently moved to Dundee and notice that there isn’t a Dundee club or supporters bus. If there is enough interest, I’d be willing to get the ball rolling here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

there have been a few on here over the years, but you canalso link up with the North Hibs supporters, if you want to travel to games in a group? Saw a new flag at Perth last week from them

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnificent_seven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there many out there? I have just recently moved to Dundee and notice that there isn’t a Dundee club or supporters bus. If there is enough interest, I’d be willing to get the ball rolling here.

Next time you come to Edinburgh for a game please bring a bumper supply of Yorkes steak pies with you.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I grew up in Carnoustie and always had to arrange transport myself. There's probably about 10 of us.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I live in Carnoustie, You should check out the North East Scotland Hibees on Facebook. We do buses to games and that. Most are Aberdeen based but there are a few of us from Dundee.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I live in Carnoustie, You should check out the North East Scotland Hibees on Facebook. We do buses to games and that. Most are Aberdeen based but there are a few of us from Dundee.
    Actually Billy, our recent survey showed most members are from outwith Aberdeen. Everything from Elgin & Nairn, Montrose, Arbroath and down to Dundee. We’re a broad church lol

Magnificent, join our FB and keep up to date with future busses etc. We have a few members who we pick up in Dundee. You’d be very welcome.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/491485477722451

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Actually Billy, our recent survey showed most members are from outwith Aberdeen. Everything from Elgin & Nairn, Montrose, Arbroath and down to Dundee. We’re a broad church lol

Magnificent, join our FB and keep up to date with future busses etc. We have a few members who we pick up in Dundee. You’d be very welcome.

Amazing Frazer!

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Wow, I must have completely missed that. How long has it been going?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Wow, I must have completely missed that. How long has it been going?
    A few years but really got our act together a couple of years ago when we formalised the club and started running busses etc We have 45 paid up members and 227 on our FB page.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: magseven7
    Magic! Cheers folks - invite sent!

A few years but really got our act together a couple of years ago when we formalised the club and started running busses etc We have 45 paid up members and 227 on our FB page.
    That makes sense, I moved down here in 2015. Would have been great if there was an active bus when I was living there, glad there's one now!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    Plenty of us in Perth.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    Plenty of us in Perth.
    I used to think there was just a handful but actually a decent number here.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

I’ve met about 60 Hibbies in Perth since I moved here. I’d guess a few hundred across the county.

The Hibs Club used to have a registered branch through a lad called Geoff Ford but when I tracked him down he only organised the occasional train trip. He was very old skool, not on Facebook or forums etc but top guy nevertheless.

A lot of us Perth Hibbies have friends and family in Auld Reekie, which makes bus travel less appealing.

Oh and Since1875 take note. You may live in the Capital but Perth’s no a *****hole 😷😁
    Last edited by RIP; 16-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Theres a regular in the Hibs club who lives in Dundee at nearly every home match, in fact I bumped into him in the Bee Bar in Perth on Sunday, both of us a little worse for wear. . He may even post on here but I'm not sure.

Left by mutual consent!
    There was definitely a Dundee Hibs supporters club at one point but I think it might have been back in the 1990s! The main Tayside one I recall was called the Perth Paul Kanes and I think the guy who wrote this book was involved:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hibs-Pogues.../dp/1910223859

Another couple of Perth/Dundee names I recall from when the programme used to publish contact details for supporters are Jimmy Duthie and Colin (or possibly Calum) Lownie.

Hope it's okay I've passed your page details over to my son Gregor who's at Dundee Uni. He's got a season ticket and it may be easier to come direct on a bus rather than to me then by car. Plus he'll get an education on the bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainstandman View Post
    Hope it's okay I've passed your page details over to my son Gregor who's at Dundee Uni. He's got a season ticket and it may be easier to come direct on a bus rather than to me then by car. Plus he'll get an education on the bus!
    No problem, the more the merrier!

Our bus for the Sheep game on Saturday still has a few seats available. Leaving Aberdeen at 0930 with pick ups in Newtonhill, Montrose and Dundee currently planned. Give us a shout via our Facebook page or message me on here for more details.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/491485477722451/

Is there a bus running from Aberdeen to Parkhead this weekend? Also requested to join the fb page and still haven't got a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by CGTracey View Post
    Is there a bus running from Aberdeen to Parkhead this weekend? Also requested to join the fb page and still haven't got a reply.
    No bus to Parkhead, not enough members got tickets.

You won't hear anything once the request has been accepted, just means you can access the page and, depending on your settings, see posts on your timeline. If you can't, send another request, must've been missed.

Thanks.

First Team Breakthrough ferry hibby's Avatar
    Just sent in a request to join NE group myself. Brought up in Carnoustie but now live in Dundee

First Team Breakthrough

There are a few

My Brother and I used to go to all the games with a Group of Hibees from Aberdeen and Dundee Gary Crawford and Nigel. I also know of a couple of others in Dundee and Carnoustie. We were affiliated members of the Hibs supporters club. Bill Keith