hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I just got the feel that Lenny was making sure our expectations are low so we're not left disappointed.
    Rightly so. We're in for a really tough night tomorrow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Rightly so. We're in for a really tough night tomorrow.
    Aye it will be, as Molde are no mugs. However, we have a good chance: If we can nick that away goal, we're in business.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Aye it will be, as Molde are no mugs. However, we have a good chance: If we can nick that away goal, we're in business.
    Aye, away goal is crucial. Be interesting to see how we deal with being on the back foot for the majority - if we break like we're capable of then we could get some real joy. Was disappointed in that regard against Asteras, given how long we played with a man advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Future Hibs manager.
    If Lenny left then i would be happy to have someone like him.. Legend to a lot of fans..

A classy likeable guy. Respectful of us and our players, loved the way he went straight to SDG at end of last game and had a long chat with him. Warm applause to us when he went off as well. He was also a quality striker in his day won it all at the top level. Compare him to a medal less welt like Levein it is night and day!

That said I hope he is spewing come tomorrow evening 🤣

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    I had a look on YouTube but couldn't see it. Normally Hibs TV have them on the you tube site.

Any links please?
    It came up as the next video for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA9hNBjBSB8

Stevenson's here as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilfAae-DQWg

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    I had a look on YouTube but couldn't see it. Normally Hibs TV have them on the you tube site.

Any links please?
    It’s on the hibs tv youtube page now.

Tell you what though, after watching it I feel like I’m ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. He comes across so focused and although that in itself doesn’t guarantee anything if I was a Hibs player I’d be looking at Lennon and appreciating we have a guy managing us that knows what he’s talking about.

Maybe not as warm or friendly a character as Solskjær but comes across as a very serious and inspiring leader, I certainly wouldn’t want to let him down.

Strange as it sounds I feel a lot more confident about tomorrow than I did prior to watching that press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Very classy guy. Struggling to think of a manager worldwide that gets the sort of universal approval that he does.
    You could of said something similar when he was a player as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    With more luck and a bit composure we could be going in to the match 2/3 goals up. We will make chances and we don't actually have to win the game

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Love his Mancunian twang!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Tell you what though, after watching it I feel like I’m ready to run through a brick wall for the guy. He comes across so focused and although that in itself doesn’t guarantee anything if I was a Hibs player I’d be looking at Lennon and appreciating we have a guy managing us that knows what he’s talking about.

Maybe not as warm or friendly a character as Solskjær but comes across as a very serious and inspiring leader, I certainly wouldn’t want to let him down.

Strange as it sounds I feel a lot more confident about tomorrow than I did prior to watching that press conference.
    Was it just me or did he doze off during Stevenson’s press conference?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Trust me after Cardiff we don't want him!!

Nice guy but got found out tactically.

I had forgotten Solskjær managed Cardiff for a short while. That did not go well!

Mind you, our own Lenny had his troubles at Bolton, so I guess any manager can struggle in the wrong environment.

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    If Lenny left then i would be happy to have someone like him.. Legend to a lot of fans..
    Agreed. Really likeable, was the same as a player. Found this interesting wee programme about him and Molde.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd-KCvgrPN0

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Couldnt agree more Solksjaer seems a decent classy guy however we have one classy guy as our manager also. Comes over very well and very knowledgeable, we are very lucky to have him as our manager. Hope we get the breaks tonight to get us through.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Really does seem like a genuinely good bloke. Not normally one for applauding opposition players/managers but was delighted to see him being clapped off the pitch last Thursday and giving us fans a round of applause back too

And Man Utd fan or not, he also helped play a part in one of the most memorable football moments in living history so for that alone he deserves a lot of respect

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I had forgotten Solskjær managed Cardiff for a short while. That did not go well!

Mind you, our own Lenny had his troubles at Bolton, so I guess any manager can struggle in the wrong environment.
    Fair point. I can understand that managers can have bad spells but he was awful!! Maybe has learned from experience and has imporoved.

To be fair I cant imagine working under Vincent Tan in a position he didn't really want to begin with didn't help him!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    Looking at their goals on youtube, at least three of them were bad goalkeeping or defending. Most were from outside the box so I think we can defend against that.

As for Solsjkaer, yes he is an interesting person to listen to.

No worries there then lols.

Seriously - I think we have every chance of progressing and am hopeful that we've got the howlers out of the system and will keep the winning run going

His post match interview was honest and respectful to Hibs. Thoroughly nice guy.

I thought his team looked well-drilled, and were a fair reflection of the knowledgeable, articulate and impressive man they have at the helm.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    His post match interview was honest and respectful to Hibs. Thoroughly nice guy.
    Got a link? Where was it shown?

Solskjaer is a class act.
    He was class as a player and is now class as a manager.
    It's hard to dislike the guy.
    He is genuinely likeable and honest in his match and team assessments.
    I feel that he will outgrow Norwegian football and, despite his Cardiff City sojourn, will return and make his mark as a manager back here in the UK.
    In fact, I wouldn't mind him (at some distant point) managing our beloved club.