hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Sorts out the dreamers from the truly interested parties.
    Yup. That’s probably the main idea behind it. Stops people saying they’ll definitely go just to give themselves the option and then pulling out. Or at least makes it less likely.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup. That’s probably the main idea behind it. Stops people saying they’ll definitely go just to give themselves the option and then pulling out. Or at least makes it less likely.

This might have been covered already, but if HSL aren't profiting from the venture,which I don't think they will be, then the £5/10 (1% of the cost) is just an organisers fee - but one that goes directly into Hibernian. Seems like a pretty good deal for those who would want to travel to Minsk.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
    I think if we get through, the people on tomorrows charter should be given first opportunity to be on the plane for the next round
    Why is that? I was in Greece but couldnt quite afford Norway. I am def up for Belarus though.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Which is always the way as anyone who has ever organised something like this knows..it goes something like this...

We’re planning a trip

I’M IN DEFO, NO MATTER WHAT

Trip organised

GREAT

Payment required

IM OOT SORRY
    Yup, i organise events that are ticketed to limit numbers. When tickets are free you can guarantee that at least half the people who take one won't turn up. Charging a nominal fee is the only way to sort out the dreamers and time wasters

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Why is that? I was in Greece but couldnt quite afford Norway. I am def up for Belarus though.

because you made your own way to Greece, the HSL didn't offer that option and they currently have 180 customers who are going tomorrow on their charter and they should allow those same customers first refusal because without them they wouldn't be running the charter this time, if there is more people then they may get a bigger plane or a 2nd one but they should be Loyal to the ones going this time

First Team Breakthrough
    I won't be going for cost reasons but could the money for stating interest be used as a non refundable deposit? If the flight doesn't go ahead the money goes to club, if it does go ahead it knocks £5/10 off the seat cost?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    because you made your own way to Greece, the HSL didn't offer that option and they currently have 180 customers who are going tomorrow on their charter and they should allow those same customers first refusal because without them they wouldn't be running the charter this time, if there is more people then they may get a bigger plane or a 2nd one but they should be Loyal to the ones going this time
    In an ideal world they maybe would give first dibs to the people who have already used them but there’s not a lot of time to get this organised. They’ll want the seats filled ASAP if it goes ahead and the best way for that is to open it to everybody.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    HSL don't have customers; nor are they running the charter.

Sorry but I dont agree with you. They (not HSL) will want the plane full, so same script as this time please

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    HSL don't have customers; nor are they running the charter.
    Exactly

Is the charter today run by Sport Options ?

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Charter Flight Interest- Minsk/St. Petersburg

Can we of course immediately point out that we are not being presumptuous here and as life long Hibees we know we should never be too optimistic. The reality however is that should we be lucky or good enough to progress in this tournament we would only have a week to organise things and if we leave things until the last minute the only people who will pay is our own supporters.

Prior to the flight for Molde we sought to establish the level of interest for a Charter Flight for our supporters. While this was helpful there were a number who had indicated their desire for such a flight but did not progress to purchase. The flight sold in just over 24 hours with a number on the waiting list.

With all of this in mind we would like to be better prepared should we get through. A very preliminary discussion with Agents suggests that St Petersburg would simply not be possible in the time available bearing in mind Visa requirements so we are not taking that interest any further.

To help us establish the level of true interest in this we have already invited existing Members to make a donation of £5 to HSL. We are now inviting Non Members to make a donation of £10 to HSL. This exercise allows us to :

1. Understand demand
    2. Email this priority group quickly if events unfold favourably

If this is of any interest to our supporters it is important that the following is fully understood and accepted :

• If we don’t qualify there will not be any refunds
    • If a flight cannot be secured at an affordable price we will not progress matters and again we cannot refund any donations made

Please however bear in mind where your donations go, so in either circumstance our Team benefits.

We have made enquiries for a day trip and indicated that we believe that our supporters would not have any interest at a price greater than £650

If you believe this is something that you would take up please donate at:

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Please remember that existing Members or those who have previously contributed can only donate from your Members page. No Members can donate in the normal way. You will appreciate that we are simply trying to offer some assistance here so please only respond if your interest is very serious. We will not respond directly to individual emails at this stage as we are just establishing the level on interest, if any.

HSL
    Paying money to register an interest

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gala Foxes View Post
    Is the charter today run by Sport Options ?

Yes.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Bollox. And while you're running your mouth off what about the few that made the trip to the Faroes?
    People made their own way to Greece did so as it was all that was viable.
    I'm about £1k lighter after both.
    A few folk that missed the first couple rounds and jumped in when it got tasty should now get priority?
    And one more capital L on 'loyal' gets you outed as a Cream Bun

On topic. I seem to hand money to HSL hand over fist, deserving as it is, so I'll hedge on this for now.

PS If FOH were asking the plums for a fiver to 'register interest' in something we'd have a 20 page thread on it pissing our pants.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 16-08-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandWillie View Post
    Paying money to register an interest

They're trying to deter time-wasters, so they don't go ahead and book the flight, only to be left with a big bill because half the people that registered an interest suddenly change their minds and don't go.

Seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    They're trying to deter time-wasters, so they don't go ahead and book the flight, only to be left with a big bill because half the people that registered an interest suddenly change their minds and don't go.

Seems reasonable to me.
    Sport options will be left with the bill and if they want to make money from football supporters following their teams in Europe then it is a risk they have to take

Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Bang on.
    Their charter?

Sport options are independent of any loyalty scheme and their flights are open to all supporters

Bang on.
    How is it bang on? Its not HSL's charter.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Bang on.
    Bang wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Bang wrong.
    😂

This place is getting worse cuz

Quote Originally Posted by Same Sleeves View Post
    Sport options will be left with the bill and if they want to make money from football supporters following their teams in Europe then it is a risk they have to take
    It's in all our interests that any company which decides to proceed with a private charter deems it to be a commercial success. Accordingly, it's in HSL's interests to try and obtain an accurate level of interest and obtain a small amount of money - which will be invested directly into the club - in the process.

If any individual wishes to pursue a charter outwith HSL's efforts, there is nothing to stop them doing so.

It's been stated on here numerous times that the purpose of HSL is to raise funds for our club. Provided they are honest and transparent about how they do so, which to my mind they always have been, I cannot understand any fan having a problem with this.

It's in all our interests that any company which decides to proceed with a private charter deems it to be a commercial success. Accordingly, it's in HSL's interests to try and obtain an accurate level of interest and obtain a small amount of money - which will be invested directly into the club - in the process.

If any individual wishes to pursue a charter outwith HSL's efforts, there is nothing to stop them doing so.

It's been stated on here numerous times that the purpose of HSL is to raise funds for our club. Provided they are honest and transparent about how they do so, which to my mind they always have been, I cannot understand any fan having a problem with this.
    Day trips with sport options are anything between £280 and £400 with Arsenal and I understand that Hiring a plane is more expensive during the summer season but when someone is paying nearly £600 to follow their team in Europe then it might not be the right time to involve donations and make it more complicated than it needs to be

Hibs go through tonight then sport options can have a 24 hour booking period(open to all supporters) to see if they can fill a plane or two

Day trips with sport options are anything between £280 and £400 with Arsenal and I understand that Hiring a plane is more expensive during the summer season but when someone is paying nearly £600 to follow their team in Europe then it might not be the right time to involve donations and make it more complicated than it needs to be

Hibs go through tonight then sport options can have a 24 hour booking period(open to all supporters) to see if they can fill a plane or two
    I don't think the price being charged by the private company is relevant to HSL's involvement.

In what way have HSL made this more complicated?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Arsenal have guaranteed trips abroad, every season, with plenty notice and a much larger fanbase.

We don't. The most notice we have is 14 days. That's why ours are more expensive.

HSL have done the right thing IMO in starting the process early.

I don't think the price being charged by the private company is relevant to HSL's involvement.

In what way have HSL made this more complicated?
    Booking period for HSL members only and involving donations is my answer

I can only go by my own experience of travelling with sport options and their flights are open to all and if there is not enough interest then they cancel the flight

Booking period for HSL members only and involving donations is my answer

I can only go by my own experience of travelling with sport options and their flights are open to all and if there is not enough interest then they cancel the flight

Two different prices as well. £579 for members, £604 for non members for yesterdays charter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Two different prices as well. £579 for members, £604 for non members for yesterdays charter.
    Is the £25 difference you're referring to the suggested donation?

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    And the HSL members were given a "free" scarf at check in......

Is the £25 difference you're referring to the suggested donation?

Yes, but they wanted that on the flight did they not?