hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar

Has the Happy Hibee prize amount been reduced??

Last couple of games (yesterday and Asteras) were pretty much sold out, but I noticed that the prize fund for the half time draw was noticeably less than it normally is. With a crowd of £17k+ yesterday, the cash amount was only £705. I am fairly certain that Cat A games (including derbies) prize funds are usually well over £1k in the recent past. A few years back, I was lucky enough to win it and got £960 in a game against the sheep which hadn’t even close to sold out.

So have Hibs reduced the cash percentage? Or are people just not buying tickets for the draw as much? Or a bit of both?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last couple of games (yesterday and Asteras) were pretty much sold out, but I noticed that the prize fund for the half time draw was noticeably less than it normally is. With a crowd of £17k+ yesterday, the cash amount was only £705. I am fairly certain that Cat A games (including derbies) prize funds are usually well over £1k in the recent past. A few years back, I was lucky enough to win it and got £960 in a game against the sheep which hadn’t even close to sold out.

So have Hibs reduced the cash percentage? Or are people just not buying tickets for the draw as much? Or a bit of both?
    Must be ticket sales are down I’d have thought
    Can’t remember seeing anyone selling them on match days. I sit in the East, maybe have better coverage in other areas of the stadium

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I stopped buying tickets as there was a fee occasssions last season I couldnt find the numbers anywhere online.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Must be ticket sales are down I’d have thought
    Can’t remember seeing anyone selling them on match days. I sit in the East, maybe have better coverage in other areas of the stadium
    The entrance that I use at the West Stand hasn't had anyone selling tickets this season, otherwise I would have bought one.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I’ve not seen the sellers for a while until yesterday. Think a few stalls around the stands are a better idea. Trying to find them in a crowded stand means people miss out buying them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    The entrance that I use at the West Stand hasn't had anyone selling tickets this season, otherwise I would have bought one.

The ticket seller's appearances are very hit and miss but I would buy one at every game if I could find one. The sellers are, I believe, unpaid volunteers so maybe not the club's fault. I couldn't be arsed doing that job so I can't complain if nobody else could.

No ticket sellers in the West Upper gate / concourse that I use. I would have bought tickets if there had been.

Why did we move away from the youth team sellers? Always remember that being part of their jobs, some done kit, some done boots, others done the happy hibby. Now we have a bunch of really small kids and a parent or helper and you barely recognise them. Previously the youth team (17/19s) has their tracksuit on so easily recognisable.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Why did we move away from the youth team sellers? Always remember that being part of their jobs, some done kit, some done boots, others done the happy hibby. Now we have a bunch of really small kids and a parent or helper and you barely recognise them. Previously the youth team (17/19s) has their tracksuit on so easily recognisable.
    The "small kids" are all part of the community club setup. Be that the girls team or others. They should all have Hibs bibs on and clearly distinguishable. It may well be that they just have too many people on holiday at the moment. But they should have people at every entrance as you come through the turnstiles.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    The "small kids" are all part of the community club setup. Be that the girls team or others. They should all have Hibs bibs on and clearly distinguishable. It may well be that they just have too many people on holiday at the moment. But they should have people at every entrance as you come through the turnstiles.
    That used to be the case, but last few games there’s been nobody there, at least at Gates 9-12 West Stand. At the end of last season there were sometimes people at the top of the stairs, but as others have said it can be a bit hit and miss. Ticket sales not being accessible to people might explain the lower prize amount, if folk are unable to buy them, rather than “unwilling”.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post

I went in at 14:50 and there was no sellers to be seen at the bottom of the stairwell in West Lower or on the concourse in the West Upper. Their loss I guess.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    That used to be the case, but last few games there’s been nobody there, at least at Gates 9-12 West Stand. At the end of last season there were sometimes people at the top of the stairs, but as others have said it can be a bit hit and miss. Ticket sales not being accessible to people might explain the lower prize amount, if folk are unable to buy them, rather than “unwilling”.
    I’m sure Hibs are aware of this. I’ll raise it with someone tonight

Thanks a lot! 👍

@hibs.net private member
    I am in the East and haven't seen a seller there for a long time. Just wondering if this is something that could be set up online. No idea what the cost would be but I'm sure sales would increase....

@hibs.net private member
    Could you raise the question of online sales too please Billy

They should maybe consider having a fixed prize amount too? So, one x £1000 or alternatively two x £500 prizes. Billy, can you make that suggestion as well if possible??

@hibs.net private member
    It is something that has been discussed over the last few weeks. Work is in progress to increase sales including signage with sellers being in more prominent positions.

Kevin

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ll always buy a ticket in West Upper if I see a seller, but would have been about 10 tickets bought last season due to the irregularities of sellers in attendance.

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’ll always buy a ticket in West Upper if I see a seller, but would have been about 10 tickets bought last season due to the irregularities of sellers in attendance.
    I'm the same in the West Upper and probably about the same number bought last season as couldn't see a seller on many occasions.

Not knocking the individuals in any way as they are all volunteers but with a bit more accessibility, more people will buy tickets.

Personally, I always thought the best place to sell tickets was on entry at the turnstiles. You couldn't miss them there.

Over the years I've always thought of the prize money being indicative of the crowd size and for larger games it was generally over £1000 but has definitely been lower over the last season or so which means less money going back into the club.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I’ve always bought tickets at every game when they stood behind the turnstiles of the FF stand but now I struggle to find any sellers.

Occasionally last season there’s been a girl selling on the concourse upstairs but didn’t see anyone yesterday.

It’s a shame, if this was better organised like previous seasons we could be pushing £2k prize money with these crowds.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I stopped buying tickets as there was a fee occasssions last season I couldnt find the numbers anywhere online.
    Me too! I even emailed a couple of times regarding this but eventually gave up and stopped buying them.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I can't remember when I last seen someone sell tickets for this.

I've said before, but an official Hibs app with fixtures/official info that also doubled up as an online platform to buy/check HH tickets would improve sales (not sure if by enough to justify the financial outlay - but there would be other merits in the app I'm sure).
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

I've said before, but an official Hibs app with fixtures/official info that also doubled up as an online platform to buy/check HH tickets would improve sales (not sure if by enough to justify the financial outlay - but there would be other merits in the app I'm sure).
    Was looking to buy a few yesterday but no sellers to be seen in the East. Amd was like that for most of last seasonalso

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Was looking to buy a few yesterday but no sellers to be seen in the East. Amd was like that for most of last seasonalso
    Yep, my grandad likes to buy a ticket at every game but he’s not had one for a while as there’s never anyone selling them in the East when we get there.

the fact theres only 3 prizes puts me off buying

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post

Would be better if there was 3 cash prizes.

Would be a idea if they had people selling tickets outside the turnstiles.

I stopped buying tickets when they split the proceeds and started giving half of it to the Hibernian Community Foundation. It should all go to youth development in my opinion.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post

Likewise. I actually wasn’t even sure if it was a thing anymore it’s been that long since I’ve seen someone.

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    £1 a ticket and half goes back to the club. I don't actually think about the prizes to be honest. Although I was fortunate enough to win a signed strip back in the Collins, Makalambay days.