hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's brilliant about Sunshine on Leith is that as a football anthem it will forever remain unique to Hibs and has boosted the club's profile worldwide as a result. The vast majority of football songs are adopted or adapted by more than one club and in some cases they're sung by just about everyone. But Sunshine on Leith is different. It was always a great song but I doubt even the Proclaimers imagined it being sung by 20,000 Hibs fans on a regular basis. It's only when you hear it sung like that that you realise how well it works in that context and the fact that nobody else can ever sing it at a football match apart from Hibs fans makes it all the more special.
    Agree with all of that. SOL is such a familiar song to Hibs fans I think we forget how good it is. It's a song which is known and loved worldwide now and synonymous with Hibs which has raised the Club's profile massively as you say.

The Streets of Edinburgh will also be a massive hit IMO. A very good song and cracking video. Going to the Playhouse and Dublin to see The Proclaimers later this year and can't wait. Will be great fun.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

No matter what you think of it, nothing can ever top the Proclaimers allowing that utterly atrocious mangling of their best work that was the film 'Sunshine on Leith' … what the hell were they thinking
    I enjoyed the film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    Quality bit of pish that.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    What a lovely song.