hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: TICKET APOLOGY

2. Log in to remove the advert

Interesting.

I know I had a poor experience at the ticket office last week due to the length of time to collect tickets - 40 mins then 30 minutes - staff were fine but not enough and processes wasn't well organised - so for this I welcome the apology.

Hopefully they have learnt and they improve the way tickets are managed at the ticket office for future - even match days - high volumes of people are often in queues.

I wish they would sort out the food at the stadium (prices and lack of quality / options) - crap sound system we have (in the East at least) and do something to improve recycling and rubbish collection during match days - this will improve match day experience.

Still think long term the family section should be lower west and singing section lower behind the goals.

Glad they have dealt with this, does this give any points on the 2018-19 "Statement League"?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Glad they’ve apologised for last weeks problems

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting.

I know I had a poor experience at the ticket office last week due to the length of time to collect tickets - 40 mins then 30 minutes - staff were fine but not enough and processes wasn't well organised - so for this I welcome the apology.

Hopefully they have learnt and they improve the way tickets are managed at the ticket office for future - even match days - high volumes of people are often in queues.

I wish they would sort out the food at the stadium (prices and lack of quality / options) - crap sound system we have (in the East at least) and do something to improve recycling and rubbish collection during match days - this will improve match day experience.

Still think long term the family section should be lower west and singing section lower behind the goals.
    I’m sure none of it will be a priority such is the nature of being a club of our size but I’d like to see us make more of an effort to bring the matchday experience into the 21st century in some aspects.

Just small things like issuing digital season tickets/individual match day tickets that can go into your wallet on an iPhone like boarding passes do (and whatever the android equivalent is). Would surely cut down on queues at the ticket office as right now you have to go to pick up a ticket or print it and not many people have a printer these days (I realise you can scan it from your phone but that’s not advertised, seems to just be a sort of hack that fans have discovered.

Having contactless only pie stands etc maybe with the touch pads that they use on the London Underground to pay (cash only in this day and age is poor) to try speed up queues. They could maybe even have a vending machine that gets topped up as and when the food is cooked with a contactless payment method?

Maybe even more interactive stuff for the fans - say an app where there’s a list of approved songs that could be voted on by fans before games so that the fans are choosing the music in real time, you can send a message to appear on the scoreboard through it etc.

Problem is that all these things cost money and we don’t really have money to spare to spending on these sort of things I suppose.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Glad they’ve apologised for last weeks problems
    It’s the least they can do. Ticket office is under resourced and under funded. Club have taken eye of the ball. Investment in ticket office hasn’t matched increase in fan base and all ticket games.

Sadly ticket office staff bear the brunt of wrath from the fans. They doing a great job under trying circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m sure none of it will be a priority such is the nature of being a club of our size but I’d like to see us make more of an effort to bring the matchday experience into the 21st century in some aspects.

Just small things like issuing digital season tickets/individual match day tickets that can go into your wallet on an iPhone like boarding passes do (and whatever the android equivalent is). Would surely cut down on queues at the ticket office as right now you have to go to pick up a ticket or print it and not many people have a printer these days (I realise you can scan it from your phone but that’s not advertised, seems to just be a sort of hack that fans have discovered.

Having contactless only pie stands etc maybe with the touch pads that they use on the London Underground to pay (cash only in this day and age is poor) to try speed up queues. They could maybe even have a vending machine that gets topped up as and when the food is cooked with a contactless payment method?

Maybe even more interactive stuff for the fans - say an app where there’s a list of approved songs that could be voted on by fans before games so that the fans are choosing the music in real time, you can send a message to appear on the scoreboard through it etc.

Problem is that all these things cost money and we don’t really have money to spare to spending on these sort of things I suppose.
    Good ideas - I think the card / contactless one is fair enough.

Also agree more could be done to attract fans to the stadium earlier but for some reason we rarely do anything - or is it a Scottish culture thing ?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Its good that the club have recognised that there was/has been major issues regarding the sales, collections and entry to the stadium involving tickets. This is basic stuff that should have been right from the start.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Great, but what about the St J issues. My tickets arrive yesterday for a game played the day before. I know I wasn't alone in having issues for that game, was a total nightmare trying to communicate with the TO.A refund would be a good start

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

I would like money spent on the team if we win and win often the match day experience will be just fine

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I would like money spent on the team if we win and win often the match day experience will be just fine
    I know, the drawbacks of being a Scottish club! If I win the Euromillions tonight I’ll sort it out for everyone 😀

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    It’s the least they can do. Ticket office is under resourced and under funded. Club have taken eye of the ball. Investment in ticket office hasn’t matched increase in fan base and all ticket games.

Sadly ticket office staff bear the brunt of wrath from the fans. They doing a great job under trying circumstances.
    100% agree with this. We have great ticket office staff, let down with slow and inadequate support systems, combine this with the amount of ticket games we’ve had, compressed into a short period, and Bingo, we had a big big problem last week, with massive queues!

One simple thing the club could do, is pull a few fans together, and let them see from a “Fans eye view” of how we go about getting our tickets, There are a few simple things we can do. I don’t know how many people I’ve helped on here over the last few weeks, with simple things like where they can find their reserved tickets etc online.

Also anything we can do to get as many home games purchased online, and print at home, save to access card or phone we should be doing, but fan education is key to this as well. Would be interesting to know what % is added to card/print at home v fans picking up actual paper tickets

We also need to look at the structure of when we sell tickets. As an example for the Ross County Cup game, season ticket holders were given until Monday 10am to retain their seat. The TO office was already under pressure selling tickets for other games, and this just added to the problem with fans queuing up, regardless of how well the update has been. Could easily been Wednesday or so

Just my view anyway!

The shambles continues. I missed the cut-off for booking my own seat and now I can’t reserve my own seat as it’s in the FF lower. Certainly won’t let me do it online anyway. Looks like our Since1875 friends have played a blinder here. Cheers guys 👍

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The shambles continues. I missed the cut-off for booking my own seat and now I can’t reserve my own seat as it’s in the FF lower. Certainly won’t let me do it online anyway. Looks like our Since1875 friends have played a blinder here. Cheers guys 👍
    What's the situation with the 10% ST holders who did renew before the Monday deadline? I assume there's no problem with their tickets.

Do see why you're having a dig at since 1875, they done nothing wrong at the time. They bought tickets for an area of the ground that was in the general sale. Even if they hadn't purchased tickets in the lower there is absolutely no guarantee that your seat would still be available as someone may have bought it. You missed the cut off for your own seat, nobody else so you cant blame the SS.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Official site
    the Famous Five Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders
    ..yet still appears half full on match days, which is the entire reason for this issue in the first place. This is evidently something the club refuse to acknowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    ..yet still appears half full on match days, which is the entire reason for this issue in the first place. This is evidently something the club refuse to acknowledge.

Agree . Heavily populated my hoop.

Hardly the singing section fault you missed the deadline is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    They have acknowledged it. They have emailed season ticket holders in the ff lower to see how to increase attendance. Unfortunately the data they get is incorrect and therefore useless.

They emailed me asking why my sons didn't go at all last season when they only missed midweek games.

@hibs.net private member
    Just double checking here, you’re blaming the SS for missing the deadline to renew your ticket?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Just double checking here, you’re blaming the SS for missing the deadline to renew your ticket?
    Maybe just holds a grudge since WW2?

First Team Breakthrough madjock9's Avatar
    I remember a few years ago going to Amsterdam Arena and they had a system where you had a prepaid card to purchase food and drink in stadium.

A great idea for younger people don't have to go with cash can use card/phone to tap and pay as is becoming the norm with debit cards and travel cards.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Great, but what about the St J issues. My tickets arrive yesterday for a game played the day before. I know I wasn't alone in having issues for that game, was a total nightmare trying to communicate with the TO.A refund would be a good start
    Mines still haven’t arrived for Perth. Strange not to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by madjock9 View Post
    I remember a few years ago going to Amsterdam Arena and they had a system where you had a prepaid card to purchase food and drink in stadium.

A great idea for younger people don't have to go with cash can use card/phone to tap and pay as is becoming the norm with debit cards and travel cards.

I used to have one for the Allianz Arena. You just top up at machines inside the stadium.

However a much more pressing issue is the time it takes to get served. I think they need to introduce separate tills for people that want pizzas, pies and stuff and let those that just want a drink have a dedicated queue.

Twenty minutes waiting to buy two coffees and a chocolate bar last week.

I’m blaming the blanket ban on booking seats in the FF lower. Going by the club statement, it was the block booking of seats in that area by the singing section that appears to have resulted in that action. The club are at fault here too, as am I. I was out the country and just got back late last night so never anticipated any issue getting my ST seat. An email to Leeann. The action taken is a bit OTT but you guys could have let the club know about your plans I’d say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Do see why you're having a dig at since 1875, they done nothing wrong at the time. They bought tickets for an area of the ground that was in the general sale. Even if they hadn't purchased tickets in the lower there is absolutely no guarantee that your seat would still be available as someone may have bought it. You missed the cut off for your own seat, nobody else so you cant blame the SS.
    I’d put a lot of money on my seat still being available now if there was some way of being able to book it.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    I phoned the ticket office to ask for a replacement season ticket three weeks ago. Was told it would be sent out. Still waiting. Guess i’ll Just have to go in and pick it up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mccrae's battalion wouldn't be having any of it.

I’d put a lot of money on my seat still being available now if there was some way of being able to book it.
    I can't book mine or my kids seats in the ff lower and the whole bit is showing as sold out.

Can only imagine its due to the singing section tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I can't book mine or my kids seats in the ff lower and the whole bit is showing as sold out.

Can only imagine its due to the singing section tbf.
    Its not sold out. Its just not available to buy tickets now.