hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Berra

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel for the lad. Good player and seemingly a decent guy dealt a tough blow.
    I am with you on that maybe a bit old fashioned on my part but just because he plays for jambos doesn't mean we cheer his injury.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Shame for Berra - as jambos go he seems decent. It weakens them, so from that perspective I'm pleased.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Pleased from the point of view that it should significantly weaken our rivals although I won't gloat over someone getting a serious injury. Hope he manages to get back playing.
    It’s really brightened up my day to be honest. **** him and **** the club he plays for.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He's not at deaths door here, its a bloody football injury that weakens our rivals. I hope a few more get injured, anything that drains their cash cow is fine by me.

These injured players still get paid, they get better treatment than any of us could dream of, and they are not juggling a job in between their recovery.

If Lafferty was to get a similar injury before he was transferred, it would be the icing on the cake for me.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Massive blow for Hearts that - as many people have said though I would never wish an injury on any player.

Still wouldn't surprise me if he made a miraculous recovery for the first derby though

Apart from the Steven Fletcher 'went down like a brown trout' sending off incident, he always seemed a solid professional and was classier off the pitch than your average ****. By all accounts it's a horrible injury and I hope he recovers. He was never blessed with great pace anyway and this injury isn't going to help him keep pace with attackers fifteen years younger than him.

Can't really take any pleasure in this. Seems a decent big lad.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He's not at deaths door here, its a bloody football injury that weakens our rivals. I hope a few more get injured, anything that drains their cash cow is fine by me.

These injured players still get paid, they get better treatment than any of us could dream of, and they are not juggling a job in between their recovery.

If Lafferty was to get a similar injury before he was transferred, it would be the icing on the cake for me.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    An awful injury for him. Hopefully full recovery. Blow for Hearts though, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by PercyHibs View Post
    He hasnt even been getting picked for Scotland so not that bad news
    I must admit I used to think that he was hopeless, but when he got back into the Scotland team halfway through the last campaign we improved significantly.

It had been a wee while since Scotland didn't look really soft through the middle, and he struck up a decent understanding with Mulgrew.

His for form Hearts has been very good and it would be hard to begrudge him a place back in the Scotland team, and I think we'd have been stronger for it.

I can't pretend to be too upset about our rivals being weakened but I get no pleasure seeing anyone suffer a serious injury.

Aye - I'm sure Berra isn't the least bit bothered he's just suffered a major injury in the latter stages of his career and will be sat doing his nut in just spectating for the next 6 months.

It's a shame for a good professional. My opinion on that doesn't change just because he plays for them.

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    me too , infact im struggling to sleep.
    I'm seeking medical help at present.

Aye - I'm sure Berra isn't the least bit bothered he's just suffered a major injury in the latter stages of his career and will be sat doing his nut in just spectating for the next 6 months.

It's a shame for a good professional. My opinion on that doesn't change just because he plays for them.
    I couldn’t give a **** if he’s bothered, in fact I hope he’s absolutely devastated. He’s a football player that’s got an injury, it’s not the end of the world.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    boohoo

I tore my hamstring once and survived. I didn't have a footballers wage to keep me going either.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sincere condolences

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I couldn’t give a **** if he’s bothered, in fact I hope he’s absolutely devastated. He’s a football player that’s got an injury, it’s not the end of the world.
    Regardless of their profession your chuffed that a person or people get injured in their workplace.

Nobody said it was. But some of us are allowed to sympathise with injured players regardless of who they play for. Because I've never really had any issue with Berra, and (as someone mentioned) he's been a good recent servant for our national side... he falls under this category for me.

I get it doesn't make me look as tough as wishing he doesn't return this season but I can live with that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I have had two separate cruciate injuries, and the amount of money i lost through those footballing injuries i'd hate to guess at.

Perhaps if i had the full time treatment he will get, i'd give a toss, perhaps if i had my wages paid every week, i'd give a toss.

Football injury, part and parcel of playing the game.

And if he played for anyone else than them or a couple of other teams, perhaps i'd give a toss.

I have had two separate cruciate injuries, and the amount of money i lost through those footballing injuries i'd hate to guess at.

Perhaps if i had the full time treatment he will get, i'd give a toss, perhaps if i had my wages paid every week, i'd give a toss.

Football injury, part and parcel of playing the game.

And if he played for anyone else than them or a couple of other teams, perhaps i'd give a toss.
    Fair enough BH. On the flip side, I've had a couple of injuries myself (not as severe as Berra's or yours I'd imagine) and know how frustrating they were... and so this probably helps me sympathise.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Regardless of their profession your chuffed that a person or people get injured in their workplace.
    He's got a sore leg. It weakens them, hopefully to our benefit. I'll take that.

Testimonial Due

Football injury, part and parcel of playihe game.

So if you had received the same level of support from your employer or NHS you'd feel sympathetic for him,I assume by your reply you didn't so let's get all bitter and blame Berra.

Let's hope it doesn't happen to a Hibs player as you won't give a toss unless he has to receive the same level of care you received.

What a bitter man you are.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Whos going to referee the derbies now?

Testimonial Due
    I don't disagree it weakens them.

But to wish injury or future injury on people at their work place is poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Thoughts are with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Whos going to referee the derbies now?
    He'll probably let the wee moaning git Naismith deputies for him whilst he's out.

It’s really brightened up my day to be honest. **** him and **** the club he plays for.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    I don't disagree it weakens them.

But to wish injury or future injury on people at their work place is poor.
    It's a player at our rivals we're talking about, maybe a wee bit precious?

Would never wish a bad injury on anyone. Berra's a good pro and will be a miss for Scotland. Poor from a few on here tbh.

Testimonial Due
    It's a player at our rivals we're talking about, maybe a wee bit precious?
    Precious about wishing injury ?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    It'll be all that falling over and rolling about that's done it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby