hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you guys tried to contact them?
    (The reps)
    There lies the problem it looks like. We have 1875 saying they tried to contact the club and the club saying they tried to contact 1875 - but it would seem neither contacted the fans reps who are there to bridge the gap.

The relocation was only posted about last night and then tickets taken offline this morning - they've probably been working/with family/travelling to Norway in that small window instead of looking for problems just in case.
    Mon the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post

The SPFL, Hibs and all other clubs in Scotland need to take stock of this and tell Police Scotland and their passive-aggressive campaigning of filming, harassing and huckling fans for minor offences to bolt. We're never going to have the best league in terms of footballing ability, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we won't even explore the idea of creating a 'scene' in Scottish football that could be both enjoyable and (crucially for the suits) profitable.
    Totally agree with this. As an earlier poster has alluded to, even the US has embraced fan culture with safe standing areas were pyro etc is permitted. Why can’t we do the same in this country?

I just don’t think the club (like most in Scotland) can be arsed with the baggage, which is a shame

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Fans reps?? Never to be seen when needed.

Scrap them an aw.
    pretty sure I have seen Tracy on here recently sorting out issues with tickets. I think they do a good job and I wouldn't want it. Tracy still sits with her family at ER (or at least she said so in her election thingy). I like the fact that we have real fans on the board. Just my opinion.

I've argued for ages the best thing the group can do is put together a plan to show the club why it makes practical and financial sense for them to facilitate the section in the area they want to be. Prove to the club that it's daft for them not to agree to the idea. A good starting point would be to have Section 25 packed and rocking for the RC game; make a point and say 'imagine how good that would be if we were down there'.

I've a fair bit experience in preparing and presenting reports in my working life and I'd be more than happy to offer my services or some advice to help out. It can't be good for anyone to have the club and a prominent fans group falling out.

Why not work on relocating the singing section to the south lower end of the west stand and directly opposite the Section 43 loyalists? closest you can get to the away support.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've argued for ages the best thing the group can do is put together a plan to show the club why it makes practical and financial sense for them to facilitate the section in the area they want to be. Prove to the club that it's daft for them not to agree to the idea. A good starting point would be to have Section 25 packed and rocking for the RC game; make a point and say 'imagine how good that would be if we were down there'.

I've a fair bit experience in preparing and presenting reports in my working life and I'd be more than happy to offer my services or some advice to help out. It can't be good for anyone to have the club and a prominent fans group falling out.
    That has been the intention for a long time. Dialogue has been impossible bar the odd text from the Safety Liasion Officer on different topics. From my understanding the idea was intended to prove exactly what you state, as opposed to cause friction. Instead tickets were cancelled this morning, 5 blocks were blocked online for all supporters and a warning/threat sent not to be in Section 18 come matchday or face removal.

Conversation would have been better. Charter probably prevented that so the heavy handed approach has been the alternative.

Few folk are trying to sort a face to face for Sunday, fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar

I think this is an excellent idea and a really helpful offer for the guys, I hope they take you up on it. Proper presenting experience is invaluable, it's amazing how folk can get it so wrong and think they're right.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    That has been the intention for a long time. Dialogue has been impossible bar the odd text from the Safety Liasion Officer on different topics. From my understanding the idea was intended to prove exactly what you state, as opposed to cause friction. Instead tickets were cancelled this morning, 5 blocks were blocked online for all supporters and a warning/threat sent not to be in Section 18 come matchday or face removal.

Conversation would have been better. Charter probably prevented that so the heavy handed approach has been the alternative.

Few folk are trying to sort a face to face for Sunday, fingers crossed.
    Hope you can get a sit down sorted and clear the air.

If you do want any help in the future give me a shout. I can understand why there could be a temptation to just say '**** it' and end up in a stalemate but getting everyone back to the table is the way to go imo.

Good luck.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Hope you can get a sit down sorted and clear the air.

If you do want any help in the future give me a shout. I can understand why there could be a temptation to just say '**** it' and end up in a stalemate but getting everyone back to the table is the way to go imo.

Good luck.
    If there was to be a formal "business plan" as such, it should include a commitment to self-policing.

Rightly or wrongly, the club will be wary about potential behaviour which could cost the club.

Hibs didn't get fined after the cup final, but they'll have a financial slap coming after the Asteras flare. We'd get hammered for incidents at ER.

@hibs.net private member
    TBH I can see the pros and cons from both points of view. Hopefully a properly facilitated meeting can take place and some solution found. For all the great things Leeann has done for this club I can't help but feel in this instance she's trying to prove she's in charge and is proving to be a bit stubborn to make a point. Just my opinion mind.

When are we going to go for a safe standing area? Presumably wherever that is located would be the obvious place for the singing section?

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If there was to be a formal "business plan" as such, it should include a commitment to self-policing.

Rightly or wrongly, the club will be wary about potential behaviour which could cost the club.

Hibs didn't get fined after the cup final, but they'll have a financial slap coming after the Asteras flare. We'd get hammered for incidents at ER.
    Yeah but the flare wasn’t from the section. I understand the point in general but feel that is not fair to pin that on them.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Yeah but the flare wasn’t from the section. I understand the point in general but feel that is not fair to pin that on them.
    I wasn't blaming them. I'm saying that it will be in the club's thoughts.

If the singing section is moved and is a success, then it will expand.

I've read on here that flares are about creating "atmosphere" so the thinking will be that the dafties who threw the flare in Greece are likely to locate there too.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!