Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't really a yes or no question. I'll re-phrase:

How do the Fan Reps travel to Molde? on

A) Club charter?
    B) HSL/fans charter?
    I assume on the Club Charter, as they did previously.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I agree there are some which may have taken advantage. I know 3 people none of which are £25 tickets who probably miss a third of the games. 2 are full adult tickets so it’s possibly an unfair assumption that all empty seats are the cheap ones
    Just for the record, wasn't stating that all empty seats are those who take advantage but there is far too many empty seats on a weekly basis to say that it is not alot.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Fans reps?? Never to be seen when needed.

Scrap them an aw.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Slightly off topic but do the Fan Reps travel on the Club charter or HSL/fans charter to Molde?

They went with the club flight to Greece afaik. Do they get it for nothing as well, as in do the club pay for their travel and accommodation??

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    They went with the club flight to Greece afaik. Do they get it for nothing as well, as in do the club pay for their travel and accommodation??
    Yes, as they're Board members.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I assume on the Club Charter, as they did previously.
    Strange that they wouldn't travel with the fans, can't imagine they'll have much work to do otherwise. Will be a nice wee jolly for them anyways.

The SS needs to work with the club, not against it.

Strange that they wouldn't travel with the fans, can't imagine they'll have much work to do otherwise. Will be a nice wee jolly for them anyways.
    They are board members. Why should they travel with the fans? What if they or HSL don't have the funds to put them on the fans charter?

They didn't sit with us in Greece either, I'm reluctant to give them a lot of stick as it but be difficult job they have, phones ringing all the time, emails to answer ect.

They probably should be regular contributors on here though. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Just for the record, wasn't stating that all empty seats are those who take advantage but there is far too many empty seats on a weekly basis to say that it is not alot.
    I know mate. Not from you but the general tone comes across is that all those with £25 tickets are chancers 😉. I actually think the £25 is too cheap but having said that my son is now addicted and he jumps up to the dearer bracket next year. So the get them & keep them coming has worked here.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    They are board members. Why should they travel with the fans? What if they or HSL don't have the funds to put them on the fans charter?
    They are also fans reps, who should be accessible to the fans. The club staff stayed in a remote hotel outwith Tripolis and the reps were nowhere to be seen in the square or outside the ground pre-match. Surely a pre-requisite for being a fans rep would be being available to assist fans when the club travels abroad.

They didn't sit with us in Greece either, I'm reluctant to give them a lot of stick as it but be difficult job they have, phones ringing all the time, emails to answer ect.

They probably should be regular contributors on here though. IMO.
    Why slum it with the fans you were elected to represent when you can enjoy the hospitality laid on by board members of Asteras Tripolis.

Why slum it with the fans you were elected to represent when you can enjoy the hospitality laid on by board members of Asteras Tripolis.

They were in the North Stand on Sunday with the fans. No hospitality at St Johnstone?

They are also fans reps, who should be accessible to the fans. The club staff stayed in a remote hotel outwith Tripolis and the reps were nowhere to be seen in the square or outside the ground pre-match. Surely a pre-requisite for being a fans rep would be being available to assist fans when the club travels abroad.
    I wouldn't disagree with that, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't travel on the clubs charter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Fans reps?? Never to be seen when needed.

Scrap them an aw.
    I think the "Fans Rep" must be a nightmare of a position to hold. You can see by the diverging opinions on this forum that it must be very difficult to represent the views of the fans.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    ^^Agreed.

Another reason to scrap the roles!!!

Frank was postioned at the entrance to the ground at Tripolis pre-match. Not so sure how you could miss him to be honest.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    They were in the North Stand on Sunday with the fans. No hospitality at St Johnstone?
    Tracey was at the end of my row and Frank not far in front.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Not sure how you can really fault the club here. The singing section are generally good (badly judged sevco banner aside) but they can't expect to be treated differently from other fans. If I had seats in the FF lower (I'm FF upper) and suddenly a bunch of folk who (presumably) will want to stand all match appeared in front of me I'd be ... Annoyed.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    Regrettably Hibs have decided to block our move to the FF Lower on Sunday despite 90% of this section being unsold and the overwhelming majority of the Hibs support wanting to see this trialed. This included a threat to move any individuals who entered this area - although unsure how they’d identify non-regulars.

Tickets have been cancelled and refunded.

This match presented a great opportunity to trial something different after the club blocked a relocation of season tickets at the beginning of the year.

Despite numerous efforts to meet with the club, we’re no further forward. Hence trying to self organise ourselves, appreciating the club are extremely busy at the moment with European activity.

This feels like a blatant attempt now to keep a specific group of supporters tucked away in the far corner of ER, blocking their freedom and right to buy any unsold seat across the four stands.

We apologise to any supporter who purchased a ticket in Section 18 last night. Hibs have offered to refund these.

We’ll now pause for breath and reevaluate our options.

Thanks for your continued support

Since 1875
    The 10% Would be rightly pissed off having to stand rather than sit in their seats that many of if not all would be season ticket holders. We’re the club involved or consulted from the start?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    Not sure how you can really fault the club here. The singing section are generally good (badly judged sevco banner aside) but they can't expect to be treated differently from other fans. If I had seats in the FF lower (I'm FF upper) and suddenly a bunch of folk who (presumably) will want to stand all match appeared in front of me I'd be ... Annoyed.

First of all the singing section are to be congratulated on improving the atmosphere within ER on Match Days but secondly it is just not practically possible to move the entire section from one area to another now that the season has started.

Discussions with the Club should be started now and the implications thought thru with a view to implementation in time for NEXT season.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Absolutely agree mate. IMO this is all part of a wider issue in football these days. Clubs are so busy pandering to corporate fans and the middle class 'are we going to the football this weekend father? … not if we are going to hear any more of that nasty language we heard last time son' demographic, that they have lost their way when it comes to the very thing that is a huge contributor to the matchday experience and that is the atmosphere.

I never thought I would see the day where the USA a land where corporate is king and sport is very much a business would be kicking the arse of Scottish football clubs when it comes to appreciating what atmosphere means to a football match … and not surprisingly I'm thinking of Portland Timbers here, where the club actively encourage their 'ultras' and bend over backwards to accommodate them, even to the extent of providing sand buckets for them to let off flares in. I'm not suggesting Hibs do that, but compared to them we are falling down big time by for some reason failing to recognise the massive importance atmosphere has in not only selling the club as an exciting way to pass a weekend but in driving the team forward on the park.

Hibs said at the very start of the Dempster revolution that every aspect of the club would be looked at in order to improve and that it was to our peril if we failed to recognise that even the smallest thing improved by 1% could mean the difference between success and failure ( the hugely successful British cycling team taking this very approach being cited at the time ) IMO Hibs are flying in the very face of that supposed 'credo' by failing to properly address this situation ….. nobody is saying the atmosphere at ER hasn't improved in the last few years, but it could be made a whole lot better and if you ask me doing that would be an improvement to something that is far from a small matter for the future good health and hopefully growing success of the club.
    Couldn't have put it any better. I'm really disappointed in the club's stubborn stance on this matter.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

First of all the singing section are to be congratulated on improving the atmosphere within ER on Match Days but secondly it is just not practically possible to move the entire section from one area to another now that the season has started.

Discussions with the Club should be started now and the implications thought thru with a view to implementation in time for NEXT season.
    Agreed.

To put it into context, if a group of 'quiet sit doon' fans announced publicly they had bought 90 tickets in the singing section and encouraged others to do the same I'd expect both the regulars in that section and the club to be a tad pissed off.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Couldn't have put it any better. I'm really disappointed in the club's stubborn stance on this matter.
    I think it’s a case of “damned if they do, damned if they don’t”.

I definitely agree that the singing section needs to be seated (or stood) somewhere where they can have a more significant effect on the general atmosphere. Conversely, with the stuff coming out in the recent past about Since1875 having class A tickets held for them, the club are probably keen to show that they aren’t giving the SS preferential treatment.

Like others have said, it might make it hard for any kids to fully enjoy the game (or even see it) if they are in amongst the SS. The idea for moving was good, but I think the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Gobsmacked by that statement. I emailed (others have called, text, emailed) for a meeting in July and have had zero response. Guess its a stalemate!

Fan reps anywhere to be seen?
    They’re not fans Reps. They are board members. Convenient for the club to sort individuals issues but with no real clout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Some folk make going to the football awfy difficult.
    I had the same discussion with friends recently, and I just don't understand why we seem to make attending a game so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Absolutely agree mate. IMO this is all part of a wider issue in football these days.
    Couldn't agree more (cut down the quote to save valuable screen space ). What America has realised, and what British clubs may realise too late, is that the fans themselves can be part of the matchday attraction in their own right. A game like Hibs - Livingston could be a lot easier to sell to casual fans/neutrals if you've got one end of the ground going absolutely tonto with drums, tifo and the occasional pyrotechnic. It's marketing 101, how are you going to make anyone else care about supporting Hibs when it looks like you don't care yourself?

The SPFL, Hibs and all other clubs in Scotland need to take stock of this and tell Police Scotland and their passive-aggressive campaigning of filming, harassing and huckling fans for minor offences to bolt. We're never going to have the best league in terms of footballing ability, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we won't even explore the idea of creating a 'scene' in Scottish football that could be both enjoyable and (crucially for the suits) profitable.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    They enjoyed hospitality in the Faroes too.
    Leeann and a couple of other Board Members had a drink in the ‘fans pub’ but I never caught sight of Frank or Tracey, apart from them returning from being wined and dined.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Fans reps are likely to have just landed in Norway so doubt they will be very contactable over the next few days...
    They have internet access right?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    Couldn't agree more (cut down the quote to save valuable screen space ). What America has realised, and what British clubs may realise too late, is that the fans themselves can be part of the matchday attraction in their own right. A game like Hibs - Livingston could be a lot easier to sell to casual fans/neutrals if you've got one end of the ground going absolutely tonto with drums, tifo and the occasional pyrotechnic. It's marketing 101, how are you going to make anyone else care about supporting Hibs when it looks like you don't care yourself?

The SPFL, Hibs and all other clubs in Scotland need to take stock of this and tell Police Scotland and their passive-aggressive campaigning of filming, harassing and huckling fans for minor offences to bolt. We're never going to have the best league in terms of footballing ability, but we're shooting ourselves in the foot if we won't even explore the idea of creating a 'scene' in Scottish football that could be both enjoyable and (crucially for the suits) profitable.
    Your first part sums up why Darts is now the second most watched sport on Sky after football. People tune in for the atmosphere and showmanship atleast as much as the game itself.